• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI, Tightening Bottle, clocking the gauges?

Been lurking a long time. Great forum. 

My new Prophet performance came with the gauges on a slightly downward angle. If the bottle was tightened about 1/8 turn they would be straight to the side like in all the photos I've seen. This just bothered me so much I had to "fix" it.

The bottle seemed really tight. I released what I thought was all the air pressure and removed the bottle. I also removed the regulator from the bottle.

Can someone walk me through the options to tighten the bottle and have the gauges oriented properly?

It also appears that there is a small amount of some type of thread sealant between the reg and the bottle. Necessary?

The o-ring on the bottle side seems loose on the base of the male threads. Is this normal or did removing it with some pressure still in the bottle blow it out or stretch it?

I found a video of Orion's and it appears he barely tightened the bottle?

Thanks for the help. This is my first bottle gun.

You can try to shim the reg but in order for it to seal, you might not be able to shim it enough to get the gauges to line up the way you want. The fact that you need it to spin 1/8 more means if you shim it, you will have to go 7/8 counter clockwise so shims probably won’t work. On my RTI, I had enough material on my reg that it was safe to turn it down on my lathe until my gauges lined up the way I wanted them. I’m not sure if the new RTI reg has enough meat in the right area to make turning it down safe. I’m using an aftermarket reg. That oring you mentioned is floppy. It centers itself in the groove on the top of the bottle when you twist it on. I don’t use the term tighten on a PCP. All things airtube or bottle related are you turn it until it stops. Tightening is senseless and a no no.

I wondered the same thing about the rail. I put a qd rail extension on to bring the bipod fwd more so the offset fill port would be better. I just prefer the gauges to the side.

Now that ALL the air is out, the gauges point to the barrel. I can see how a shim can fix that. Can air pressure actually put pressure on the threads? In other words leave it slightly loose and fill bottle to snug it up. Crazy.

How about thread sealant on the bottle side?

Got mine on Monday and only got to fire one shot. Been busy with work and bad weather. I'm set up with a big nitrogen bottle to fill with. New scope and chrony. I'm trying to not rush into this and it's a whole new learning curve from my nova freedom.

The only sharp edges are on the side plates and there not bad. RTI could easily solve this. The fill port covers are not the quality you would expect. Overall, the build quality looks great. That one shot was a little loud. It's a .30 and reg. was set at 160 from AOA. I've got a Ronin on the way!

Another thing is the cocking lever. Only left handed thing I do is shooting a long gun. I've never liked a left handed gun. A right handed version would give me the same benefit RTI promotes for the left. Be nice if it were ambidextrous lever.

I was considering an FX but the magazine isn't lefty friendly. The RTI is so simple I fell in love so I guess I'll just have to take my hand off the grip to work the leaver. Oh the discrimination.😉

If you have the adjustable reg, put it back on the bottle and instal it all on the gun. Screw it down until it stops, back it off just enough to get the gauges where you want them and then fill the bottle. Be sure to hold the reg where you want the gauges until you get a little air in it or it might move when you hook up the air hose. It’s not a tighten down all the way to get it to seal reg. It will seal, if not backed out too far, when it gets air pressure to the o ring.

I understand (read) it requires a decent bit of force to cock the RTI guns in full power, This, as a Lefty myself (70% favour) leads me to think there would bit little advantage having the cocking lever on the right, as it is unlikely one could flick it back and forward like one could, say a electronic Daystate , (please feel free to put me straight on this)

I vision myself using my index and middle finger to cock the gun* while still maintaining a firm thumb grip around the pistol grip, and hope this could be done quickly and without disturbing the image through the scope, (again feel free, ect).

* should I buy, (it is atop my list)

Enjoy your Prophet, and please update.

Good luck.

Cocking? Is it as smooth as my 177 Vulcan NO, As smooth as my Uragan 177 NO, Is the 25 high power Prophet HARD to cock NO, OK that's the only foreword cocking guns I have the rest are rear cocking guns.

I watched the Priest come up through the wood work, It was on drawing board and being built a year or so before the FX Impact ever hit the market, The big selling point to the Impact is the reason I never bought one

The most complex complicated and twice the 0 Rings as the other guns and recommended for the advanced air gunner only ,,, That left me out. And I watched FX roll out its 1st guns to the US, LOL , I am not going there.

Another day maybe

Mike

my rti has about 1 full turn you can unscrew it with it out leaking to get gauges where you want.

Which junction should I unscrew - the bottle or the regulator?? Thanks (I'm going to need about 7/8 of a turn)

The reg. Keep that bottle bottomed out on the reg or it will push that oring. Then you’ll have to change your underwear.

my rti has about 1 full turn you can unscrew it with it out leaking to get gauges where you want.

Which junction should I unscrew - the bottle or the regulator?? Thanks (I'm going to need about 7/8 of a turn)

The reg. Keep that bottle bottomed out on the reg or it will push that oring. Then you’ll have to change your underwear.

OK, thanks. Don't need an underwear problem. Think I may just leave the gauges where they are - about 1/8 turn from horizontal. Kinda have to tip the rti a little to see them, but still functional.