• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI RPB-1 Limited Run???

I polished my 177 RTI barrel just because the barrel like to be clean, After about 500 or so pellets the groups started to open a little , now I think about it might have been just the different tins of JSB 10 gr pellets , Been playing with the two 22 caliber CZ 510mm barrels I have for the last couple months but going to put the 177 barrel back in tomorrow , I have the 500cc bottle on my PP 2 compact and I get a whole lot of shots with the gun in this set up. Still going to just shoot pellets and wait for the slug barrel from RTI, I got a few boxs of NSA and other 177 slugs but my range at home is only 48 yards and really no need for slugs now .
Mike
I have a 510mm 177 LW barrel. Bought it used from a forum member. It shot pellets very well. His experience with slugs wasn't so good. So was mine....at first. I bought some bore paste and polish as well as some mops for the 177. I worked on the barrel concentrating on the choke. Once I was done...it shoots 13gr zan or JSB knockout slugs great. Still shoots pellets great also. 177 slugs give a whole new meaning to shooting a 177. At the moment I use it on the farm shooting starlings... And man they are brutal !! (This is on a P1 compact) kinda sensitive to tune but when it's there...it's there!

For months I've had a love hate thing with my RPB .22 barrel, often I replaced with the LR option.
One moment the RPB is excellent, them wtf.
Light polish, excellent for a few weeks, then cr@p.
Finally found the problem, on one side of the large transfer port, the milling had not completely removed all of the barrel material.
A bit like the burr that you have to strop off a knife after sharpening. The air pressure from TP was slowly moving the burr into the barrel.
Once I found the problem it took 10 minutes to rectify.
I hope 🤞.
So far time limits testing.
The same thing I have experienced. The transferport is scraping lead. Removing the sharp edges is time consuming, because of the shape. I also made the inlet of the barrel a little bigger. Ending up with a good polish. Now the bullets go in nice and smooth.
If you want a high-quality finish PCP, you end up paying a lot more money. This is wy you can buy the RTI for this acceptable price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spinach
I have a 510mm 177 LW barrel. Bought it used from a forum member. It shot pellets very well. His experience with slugs wasn't so good. So was mine....at first. I bought some bore paste and polish as well as some mops for the 177. I worked on the barrel concentrating on the choke. Once I was done...it shoots 13gr zan or JSB knockout slugs great. Still shoots pellets great also. 177 slugs give a whole new meaning to shooting a 177. At the moment I use it on the farm shooting starlings... And man they are brutal !! (This is on a P1 compact) kinda sensitive to tune but when it's there...it's there!
My P1 compact is back to standard format but with a 510mm .177 barrel. Purchased new last year. It's always shot pellets well, slugs reasonable.
Now it's had a good polish, followed by a good squirt of ' back to black ' car polish it's surprising me. Zan and JSB slugs now almost as good as pellets.
Hopefully soon I will test at distance, beyond my normal 60m, garden limits.
Im recovering from a recent ankle operation, so mobility and driving are limited. It's torture 😉.

I polished my 177 RTI barrel just because the barrel like to be clean, After about 500 or so pellets the groups started to open a little , now I think about it might have been just the different tins of JSB 10 gr pellets , Been playing with the two 22 caliber CZ 510mm barrels I have for the last couple months but going to put the 177 barrel back in tomorrow , I have the 500cc bottle on my PP 2 compact and I get a whole lot of shots with the gun in this set up. Still going to just shoot pellets and wait for the slug barrel from RTI, I got a few boxs of NSA and other 177 slugs but my range at home is only 48 yards and really no need for slugs now .
Mike
Love to see this set up if possible,, thinking of doing the same with my qb. :)