• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI RPB-1 Limited Run???

There is a rumor floating around that the RTI RPB-1 barrel is a limited edition with only 200 pieces made by Loather Walther. The indicator is the (-1)Can you share pictures of your barrel marking? I have an email out to RTI as well.
99ABB82A-9CF9-415F-B4CF-95A5CB40A58D.jpeg

RTI is also gonna sell the .177 and .30 as RPB. -1, if you have one. That would be great if these are one of most accurate pellet and slug barrels.
Simi, so the .177 and .30 will be manufactured in the RPB format?
If so, let's hope it's soon.

RTI did mention last year that eventually a .177 slug barrel will be available.

Initially I just thought my .22 RPB barrel was just average.
I actually bought and fitted the LR barrel.

Once the RPB barrel had been given a clean and light polish it surprised me. Shooting excellent 👍.

Can't wait to get a RPB .177.
I have so many slugs to test 🙂.

On 15 March 2023 Matias said. In about six months we'll start having .30 barrels with the same inlets as the .22. I think the .177 also. Shooting with the .177 knockout slugs at 100 bar is also allready good, in my experience.

I did not polisch the .22 barrel yet. With the Knockout slugs it is amazing to shoot. If you want to shoot crazy accuraat try the NSA .217 23.0 Grain.

Later I try a polish. How did you do the polish Spinach? The barrel has allready from large to narrow.

Reactions: Spinach
On 15 March 2023 Matias said. In about six months we'll start having .30 barrels with the same inlets as the .22. I think the .177 also. Shooting with the .177 knockout slugs at 100 bar is also allready good, in my experience.

I did not polisch the .22 barrel yet. With the Knockout slugs it is amazing to shoot. If you want to shoot crazy accuraat try the NSA .217 23.0 Grain.

Later I try a polish. How did you do the polish Spinach? The barrel has allready from large to narrow.
Yes, I've had good results with the .177 knockout, used all my stock now. None available here, so I have to import, shipping almost doubles the cost 😞.

At least being able to change the calibre fast keeps me shooting with what's available ammo wise.

I've still got a few NSA slugs to try, so I will test what I have, thanks for the tip. 🙂

I'm no big bore, high power air gun shooter, I'm from a target background, accuracy over power. Just my personal choice.

Barrel polishing, I use Autosol, have done for years. A light polish, concentrate more on tight spots.
Pushing a slug tells me where to work on more.
Definitely, for me, a polish makes a improvement.

So we might see the RPB barrel in other calibre this year, good stuff.👍

Last edited:
I polished my 177 RTI barrel just because the barrel like to be clean, After about 500 or so pellets the groups started to open a little , now I think about it might have been just the different tins of JSB 10 gr pellets , Been playing with the two 22 caliber CZ 510mm barrels I have for the last couple months but going to put the 177 barrel back in tomorrow , I have the 500cc bottle on my PP 2 compact and I get a whole lot of shots with the gun in this set up. Still going to just shoot pellets and wait for the slug barrel from RTI, I got a few boxs of NSA and other 177 slugs but my range at home is only 48 yards and really no need for slugs now .
Mike

For months I've had a love hate thing with my RPB .22 barrel, often I replaced with the LR option.
One moment the RPB is excellent, them wtf.
Light polish, excellent for a few weeks, then cr@p.
Finally found the problem, on one side of the large transfer port, the milling had not completely removed all of the barrel material.
A bit like the burr that you have to strop off a knife after sharpening. The air pressure from TP was slowly moving the burr into the barrel.
Once I found the problem it took 10 minutes to rectify.
I hope 🤞.
So far time limits testing.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1