• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI RTI Prophet vs Impact M3 for mild slug hunting gun

1698563565749.jpeg

I owed an Impact M3 and was pretty impressed with its capability to shoot slug accurately. But when it comes to holding zero day in day out, my M3 does do a good job and it's a bumper trying to rezero my gun any shooting session. Just few clicks like 5 to 7 ckicks but I don't like the idea of zeroing every time I go hunting.

Has anyone with a slug shooting RTI prophet (either 1 or 2) can confirm if your gun could hold zero time after time? I'm shooting 27gr to 30gr .22 at 950fps or 33-35gr .25 @950fps that's all I need.

Thanks a bunch!

I think it maybe has six O-rings or seven I think the FX has about 30 I’ve been shooting her for one year straight since they came out not one single problem
I owned my p3 for 8 days now so I can't comment on the maintenance, however, I ordered orings for it while waiting for my gun to be delivered and there are very few orings in the P3 compared to the Impact.

Reactions: DR PROFET 3
The tube threads onto the receiver and the shroud cap. Guess you could find a carbon tube close to the peaks of the threads and glue it on.
Ah I see. The carbon fiber tube can be threaded a tube could be sourced with the right OD and then enough wall to accommodate the major diameter of the threads. I’ve threaded literally thousands of holes in carbon fiber plate, and though I have never cut threads in tubing, I’m sure it can be done. Threads in carbon fiber don’t look pretty and it EATS tooling when doing it, but it’ll work if very high hold or high torque isn’t a requirement.

I think it maybe has six O-rings or seven I think the FX has about 30 I’ve been shooting her for one year straight since they came out not one single problem
I think it has more than 6 or 7 O rings, but still far less than many other PCPs.
This was one of the reasons I went with RTI. Very simple and serviceable design.

Well here I thought as a newbie to the PCP world that FX was the end all be all of the air gun world? Now after reading 3 pages of this thread I have had my eyes opened up. I am so glad that I did read this thread because wandering POI is the devil as far as I am concerned. When I see something in the backyard that needs to be dispatched I don't want to have to be worrying about my POI not being dead on.

Reactions: DR PROFET 3