• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Single Shot Tray?

No problem. I'm of course going to have to convert inches to millimetres, so the .STL file's measurements are going to be in millimetres. If you're going to print the tray yourself make sure to use millimetres as the printing unit.

Also, if you have your RTI Prophet in .25 caliber, then you should try these pellets out:

https://www.zanprojectiles.com/

I heard they go hand in hand with the slug liners for the RTI rifles - the liners are made in Czechia.

Give me the dimensions if you can (a drawing on a piece of paper will do it) and I'll make the 3D model for you... It'll be a pleasure.

The RTI thing is made where I live, haha. These things are all over my country.

It’s been a busy few days and I haven’t been able to get dimensions for you yet. I’m hoping tomorrow. And thanks again!

Hey man,

Just upload an image and that's it. Now, if I got this right and by the way, I can't really fully follow you on your instructions, because I cannot fully picture how the protrusion of the barrel looks like; but here's how I got it and this is, what I think you meant (Drawing in the attachment). I probably got it all wrong so please, upload an image of your drawing on here.

prophet_tray_drawing.1624885448.png

So, if I'm not mistaken, is this perhaps what you meant?

Later...

-T

You're welcome!

Don't worry about it, 'BigTinBoat' user already posted the measurements, but just in case, measure the port or well, the magazine well yourself as well, so that I'll be certain, that the measurements match, before I actually start modeling this thing. With that having been said, if my Paint drawing's correct, then I can begin making this tray at once.

It ain't a rush, so take your time and give me an answer whenever you'll have the time to do so... Till' next time!

-Triglav

That's the dimensions I come up with. I would say that, if you can, to decrease the diameter "trough" at least 3-4mm (only in the 16.8mm area so that the tray will pass the barrel when inserting) so that the projectile feeds better. As it is the nose will have to raise 3.25mm (that's over 1/2 the diameter of the projectile) to enter the barrel ((12-5.5)/2). Decreasing the diameter 3-4mm will raise the projectile 1.5-2mm. I would think a diameter could go as low as 6mm to feed the best.

Alright, I think I got it right this time around... This is probably what you meant, right?

I "raised" or otherwise shrunk the diameter in the 16.8 mm / body area of the tray by 2.5 mm, which means that the diameter of the tray is now 7 mm (12 - (2.5*2) = 7 millimeters). Now feeding should be a little easier, right?

Tray_new_dimensions.1625059847.png
Tray_new_with_22slug.1625059847.png

Let me know, if you think it's Ok. Later...

Looking at my 2 others guns with SS trays it looks like the trough is just a hair bigger then the pellet diameter. I measured my 30 cal barrel and the protrusion is also 12mm diameter.

I would make the trough the same diameter as the pellet. If it's too tight a roll of sandpaper will fix it. Every other dimension should be the same as I can't see the .25 and .177 being different if the .22 and .30 are both the same. You can make trays for every caliber just by changing the trough.

Also since the barrel OD is 15mm, I would make the overall height be 11mm so that the tray top will be just above the barrel center.

Alright, I think I got it right this time around... This is probably what you meant, right?

I "raised" or otherwise shrunk the diameter in the 16.8 mm / body area of the tray by 2.5 mm, which means that the diameter of the tray is now 7 mm (12 - (2.5*2) = 7 millimeters). Now feeding should be a little easier, right?

Tray_new_dimensions.1625059847.png
Tray_new_with_22slug.1625059847.png

Let me know, if you think it's Ok. Later...

Triglav - That looks great. I’d like to print one and see how it works

Alright you two (BigTinBoat, ClarkT),

Here's what I fixed and changed since my last post:

- The height of the base tray so, that its top plane just barely passes the center of the barrel as was suggested by BigTin.

- A modular trough system for calibers up to 7,62 mm, including the 7,62 caliber respectively. The .177 / 4,5mm, .22 / 5,5mm and the .25 / 6,35 mm calibers have their own, individual troughs now, which can be replaced for switching barrels or otherwise calibers of the gun at will :)

You could probably or rather most likely also fit a .45 ACP / .45 LC projectile into the base trough of the tray; that's of course, if the RTI company even makes a .45 cal. barrel for the Prophet PCP.

So, here are the images:

3DM_Tray_for_RTI.1625248795.png
3DM_Trays_for_RTI.1625248796.png

... and of course the .STL files:

download.png
View attachment RTI_Prophet_Trays_STLfiles.1625248863.zip

And that's pretty much it, I hope the prints are going to turn out well and that all of the dimensions are going to check out. I'd also like to see the prints when you're done printing and if the need be, sandpapering or otherwise perfecting them out.

Oh and one more thing... If you're ever going to shoot .30 cal and of course if you'd like to, you can give these pellets, that I've designed a go. You're just going to have to print them first, haha. If I'd have a printer and a .30 cal PCP or a springer (i.e. Hatsan 130S/ 135 in 7,62 mm), I'd do it myself, but since I don't have any of these two things, I must rely on others for results. I'm just really curious about what their performance is going to be; that was basically the only driving force behind the reason why I made these in the first place. 

Link to the thread: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/i-designed-a-3d-model-of-a-30-caliber-pellet-a-tester-needed/?referrer=1

So once again, I'd be thankful for the images of the prints and naturally I really hope those will turn out alright for you.

Have a good one,

- Triglav