RTI Prophet Rear Fill Probe?

I did it on mine and it was super easy. All you need to do is degas first and then a 14mm socket to remove fill valve. It should come right off and didn’t seem to have locktite.

I added a wika gauge so it will read the reg pressure just like it does on the actual reg where bottle connects. 

Basically it’s like having your reg pressure reading under your stock like on an Impact.

Hope that helps.

Rob

You NEED...to use heat.

Mine was leaking. I just figured to unscrew it, clean the old sealer out, and use a fresh thread sealer. Even though it had a sealer in the threads, unscrewing was actually VERY easy. Read that cheap aluminum ! Anyway, yeah, removed ALL of the body's aluminum threads and left them in the fitting.

I went up to a 3/8" NPT and plugged it.

I also had to use a very high pressure sealer to get it to seal. But after many trials, it's now sealed and will hold the whole 300 bar.

And YES, you NEED to remove ALL of the air pressure before the removal process.

Mike

I appreciate the responses. I know there are two versions. One uses red loctite. The other has no loctite. Mine is the one that has loctite. I need it removed to install a buttpad I had made is why I’m asking. It doesn’t fit with the probe in the way. So I need the probe removed and a flush mounting plug installed.

I do not want to use heat so was curious what else might work as far as solvents or whatever.

I used a torch as the heat gun would not budge it. They are getting away from the sealent on the newer guns because the sealent is such a pain to break. Heat with a torch, quarter turn, heat, quarter turn. You won't melt anything but you sure can strip the crap out of that hole. I got mine to seal on an oring and plastic washer that came out of my cheap pump extra parts kit. If the hole wasn't so deep and the fitting bottomed out on an oring, they could do away with the sealent.