RTI Prophet performance vs standard

Watched the AOA video. Seems like a real interesting gun. The difference between the 2 as far as I can see is the standard comes with a 330cc bottle and a Fixed regulator and the performance comes with a 500cc bottle and an adjustable regulator. for about a $400 price difference. both have ability to change barrels and calibers. Have not seen much else on these guns . To any owners , How is the performance and comfort of use of this gun been to You? It seems like a challenger to The FX Impact with the tactical design and all. 

C4355C55-0A45-4AFB-869B-F4BF8276E60F.1626624029.jpeg
Hi

I had a first gen Impact and though it shot well, it was very inconsistent velocity wise. I had to constantly adjust it. No bueno. Seem like every time I was ready to buy a new gun, I would always consider the impact but would always think back to my experience with my impact and that would turn me off. I don’t like the idea of a gun with so many parts (o rings especially) that could go bad. Maybe it’s just me. 

I recently bought a prophet compact .22 and got to sight it in yesterday. It’s accurate as hell with jsb 18s. It’s light, short, quiet with a DonnyFL, and simple not to mention easily adjustable from the trigger to the reg. It also looks bad ass!

I like it so much I order a .30 prophet performance. It will be my first .30. 

If I could find something that may be a potential problem it is the cocking mechanism. It’s not very robust compared to an FX gun like the impact or dream tact which I recently sold. I try to be gentle when cocking. Time will tell if it holds up. But it is nice to have it on my non trigger hand side. 

One other thing. Tony said the regular size prophet which I’m expecting has a 580 cc tank. Also, baffles are not included yet. It would be nice if they become available because I believe my compact would be quiet with just the baffles and no mod. There is about 5 inches of empty space from the end of the barrel to the end of the shroud. 

Overall, I’m loving my compact. It’s so sleek. Here is a pic with a Veyron compact scope and an ergo zero angle grip.

Gabe

A couple more differences...

. carbon fiber bottle
. Second externally adjustable regulator
. no second plenum (deemed unnecessary by RTI)

Just got my RTI Performance Compact .22 a week or so back and it's an outstanding piece of hardware. A LOT of starling and ground squirrel already hate the RTI.

Loving the EXTERNAL adjustments for:
. trigger
. hammer spring
. regulator

I have baffles and it's VERY hunter friendly with those at a compact 25 - 3/4". Getting over 70 shots (haven't actually counted) at 130bar shooting 15.9grain.

Even though I just sold my prophet performance .22 long range, I believe the adjustable regulator and carbon bottle are a worth while expense. I loved how fast and stable I could shoot the jsb redesign, it made long distance shooting very easy because less pellet drop. I hope rti continues to refine this platform, because it is a good platform. My one gripe is that the rifle always seems to be in a constant state of refinement. It is definitely a little rough around the edges cosmetically. The adjustable regulator is definitely needed in my opinion to tune to the pellet.
8D2BD106-1E48-4A5C-BD0E-AA7C8320391E.1626641264.jpeg

Even though I just sold my prophet performance .22 long range, I believe the adjustable regulator and carbon bottle are a worth while expense. I loved how fast and stable I could shoot the jsb redesign, it made long distance shooting very easy because less pellet drop. I hope rti continues to refine this platform, because it is a good platform. My one gripe is that the rifle always seems to be in a constant state of refinement. It is definitely a little rough around the edges cosmetically. The adjustable regulator is definitely needed in my opinion to tune to the pellet.

The underlined above is a REALLY odd thing to say..!

Most ALL of the high end guns are in a constant state of refinement. We are up to what...3x on the FX rifles...right ? That is...the "third" step in its refinement history.

Phones, computers, cars, trucks, "pellets"...! ALL have gone through refinements, and will continue to do so. Even in most cases, a completely new "thing" (rifle in this case!) will have learned improvements from the last model.

Are you driving a stock Model T as your daily driver ?

MIke

I bought the Prophet performance 22lr a few months ago. I really enjoy it. I was on the fence between it and the impact. I bought the Prophet and a shooting buddy bought the impact... ive got some trigger time with his impact.. I cant see going wrong with either rifle. I personally like the simplicity of the Prophet. The extra for the adjustable reg, carbon bottle and plenum is worth it. 

From MikeVV:

I just swapped shrouds (still had to use the sticky rubber sheet) from the full sized Prophet to the Compact to see if the extra volume does anything.

Not a ton, but notable. Still has the same "crack" to the sound, just not as loud.

So, maybe I can get away with a single segment of the Huma silencer rather than two or three segments, keeping the barrel short, like it's supposed to be. If I can get the disc off and modified.

Mike

P.S. – Yeah, have not verified the accuracy yet.

The underlined above is a REALLY odd thing to say..!

Most ALL of the high end guns are in a constant state of refinement. We are up to what…3x on the FX rifles…right ? That is…the "third" step in its refinement history.

Phones, computers, cars, trucks, "pellets"…! ALL have gone through refinements, and will continue to do so. Even in most cases, a completely new "thing" (rifle in this case!) will have learned improvements from the last model.

Are you driving a stock Model T as your daily driver ?

MIke

I don’t think so, like I said, I really like the rti, but why has it taken 3 revisions to finally scallop the side plates? That is a very straightforward and simple operation, to machine out a sharp edge. The longer cocking arm, well yeah, more leverage, but why wasn’t it considered on prototypes? Your forum questions on adding shroud spacers and modding the tube, aren’t these things that should be considered during testing? They are still operating off the priest platform, which is now like 4 years in? Remember, I like the simplicity and power and accuracy of the rti, the small refinements that should have been resolved and implemented take entirely too long. The impact is not a fair comparison because there was a lot of internal changes and barrel changes to the impact . You sound like a fanboy, better go get your iPhone 19. Hurry up and shell out your cash for the latest greatest.

I bought a .30 Prophet Perf over an fx mainly because of the number of orings and simple design. Less parts overall equals less potential failure points. I like shooting not fixing so simplicity is my preference. First time out it was almost boring to shoot it was so accurate out to 100. Very well built and crafted. I do suggest a butthook/monopod and cheek riser of you dont use low scope mounts. Even without a buttpad or cheek riser it is surprisingly comfortable given the utilitarian design. UK guys are making some really nice accessories, stateside I know Orion makes an adj monopod, shot tray and mags. I also went to a 0 deg grip, personal preference, and adj the trigger to single stage. Mine Is not too pellet picky, loves edguns and daystates the most, jsb’s and fx tied for second. Seems to prefer a 7.65 head but will know more when home casting and sizing begin and after a little bore polish. For 44gr no tuning was needed IMO, upping fps wasn't making a marked improvement in accuracy, but did when upp’ing the reg and hs for 50’s. Magazine is too well built, meaning pellets might need to be seated a touch as the tolerances are tight, hardly an issue. 1k+ pellets later and not one failure or problem with the rifle or the regulator. 

Just one big question....does the regulator refreshment sounds like in the reviews...? In every review I have seen the sound of the reg is annoying..asking because I want one in .22

The regulator on my Performance Compact .22 makes a 'refresh' sound and so what. Guys that are bothered by that are probably troubled by lots of little things. It's not a big deal and don't let that interweb tiny thing bother you.

To the sharp edge complainers I am a welder and fabricator and they are NOT SHARP.

Bill -

Do a search, for my "internal Day State baffle" addition. I'll look for it too. I added five Daystate internal baffles and a trimmed spring to my Compact. My cats stay asleep when I shoot it !

You can add baffles to the interior of the Compacts shroud that make it pretty quiet. As good as most external suppressors. Then if you still need more, you can probably make it "church mouse (as they say) quiet with a screw on external version.

I've started using the Huma, M40 suppressor on some of my guns. They are quiet, and can be made more or less quiet, by adding or subtracting sections, to your hearts content.

I got my baffles from Airguns of Arizona. They may be out of them. Here's another outlet for baffles. You just need to verify his diameters.

https://hajimotoproductions.com/index.php/product-category/moderators-suppressor-adapters/

Mike

Found it - https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/my-rti-prophet-muffler-journey-sorry-kinda-long/

RTI Compact, baffles.1650811697.JPG