• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning rti prophet performance regulator rebuild?

This regulator design has been giving me sleepless nights. Think I may have figured it out.
I think the small shoulder on the main shaft pushes against the plastic disk. It gets pushed away by the spring when the pressure in the “middle area” is too low.
I will strip it down again and give more attention to these surfaces. I think if the leak was someplace other than here, it would just keep on increasing until reg = bottle pressure.

1C95F24C-CD31-4285-A978-7102320C20DD.jpeg

Nervoustrig, I’m not sure the assembly will turn, possibly just the adjustment grub screw spins, adding pressure through the springs?

here are a couple pics….View attachment 182188View attachment 182196it looks to me like the seal is only the o ring on the perimeter?
Hey Scotty, after much head scratching I’m convinced the seating surface is the shoulder on the shaft against the plastic disk.

42EE8EFA-3005-45C3-9425-F5583379F7B9.jpeg

Think (hope) I have improved the reg quite a bit today. After a polish it has moved about 1 bar in 2 hours. Hope it stops there.
Having figured out how this thing works, I stripped it down again and gave special attention to the two valve surfaces. The plastic disk is recessed where the shaft collar presses. I believe its been pressed in from the force as some of the tiny scratches can be seen in the recessed part. I didn't do anything to the plastic bit this time.
The metal collar part did not look that great under a microscope so I polished it with abrasive jewelers sheets, going increasingly fine. I spun the shaft in a drill and used my fingernail to push the sheets into the corner.
You can see the before & after pics. I also polished the bit of the shaft where the o ring goes.

IMG_3780.JPG

Origional 1.jpg

origional 2.jpg

origional 3.jpg

first polish.jpg

after 1.jpg

after 2.jpg

S20221012_0002.jpg

S20221012_0005.jpg

S20221012_0006.jpg

IMG_3779.JPG

S20221012_0021.jpg

S20221012_0022.jpg

I have a 22 Compact Prophet II Performance Ordered it from RTI , My regulator is set at 130 bar and drops to little below 110 bar after shooting a couple mags, when I fill it back up to 230 bar the regulator goes back up to 130 bar until I shoot the gun again.
So since the gun is pretty new should I adjust the regulator up then down to see if it fix's the creep , I got a Prophet Standerd performance I wondered what everybody was talking about creep? I lucked out on that gun.
Mike