RTI Prophet Performance POI consistency?

For those of you with an original Performance or Performance Compact, how's the POI consistency? I've read about early versions having reg creep issues after sitting for a bit.

I'm shopping for my next rifle and reliable POI is a priority. I'm leaning towards a Taipan Veteran Long since I know how reliable they typically are, but am also interested in a Prophet Performance since I know they shoot MRD's well. I prefer the easy tuning adjustment of the RTI, but could make due with only hammer spring tuning on the Taipan.

Main use of this rifle will be pesting around the house which is why I want reliable POI once dialed in. But I also do a ton of paper punching in between. Will be sticking with 22 caliber.

Reactions: ThomasT
For those of you with an original Performance or Performance Compact, how's the POI consistency? I've read about early versions having reg creep issues after sitting for a bit.

I'm shopping for my next rifle and reliable POI is a priority. I'm leaning towards a Taipan Veteran Long since I know how reliable they typically are, but am also interested in a Prophet Performance since I know they shoot MRD's well. I prefer the easy tuning adjustment of the RTI, but could make due with only hammer spring tuning on the Taipan.

Main use of this rifle will be pesting around the house which is why I want reliable POI once dialed in. But I also do a ton of paper punching in between. Will be sticking with 22 caliber.
I am following this post.
ThomasT

Are you looking to get the original or perhaps the 2? If you are considering the latest model, I got to shoot a loaned RTI Prophet 2 Performance with a 22 and 30 cal barrel. It holds air forever, no reg creep. Very accurate with a wide range of pellets in the 22 Cal. 5 into one hole with JSB Jumbo Heavy and Monster Redesigns at 20y This would not apply for you, but was important for me, it does not like NOE 55 gr cast HPs or the 68 gr NOE boat tails. I don't know if it has a choked barrel. Loves the JSB / FX 44.x grain pellets in 30 cal.

I'm looking at the original MKI model. I may be able to find a pre-owned 22lr, or a few places still have new old stock of the MKI Compact. I think I'd prefer the long version for the higher shot count. Not much need for a compact since I primarily shoot prone or from a bench. That's also the same reason I'm looking at the long version of the Veteran if I go that route.

Veteran Long or MKI Prophet Performance? Primary features I'm looking for....
Consistent first shot POI
External velocity adjustment for different weight projectiles
Excellent trigger
Rigid barrel that I don't have to worry about POI shift if bumped lightly
Barrel that isn't super picky with pellet selection
Ability to shoot slugs only a bonus, not necessary

You can probably see why I have been leaning towards a Veteran. But if the Prophet would fit my needs I might go that route, mostly for also having the ability to easily adjust the regulator.

Hi
i have a
Prophet Performance .30cal it had some reg creep when I bought it used here on the forum. I rebuilt the reg and made sure everything was cleaned and polished ( not that hard to do) and have no reg creep sense. It’s not uncommon for any Airgun to have creep two of my FXs had reg creep. And needed rebuildin to fix the problem
RTIs are accurate easy to work on and hard hitters if you want them to. Great airguns in my opinion

I left my prophet .22 in the corner for two weeks with a orion mag loaded in it (nothing in the chamber) and 250 bar in the bottle. When I picked it up to shoot there was no noticeable creep on the reg or loss of air. First three shots @ 55 yards were as close to one hole as you can get. Not even a 1/4 inch off of the bullseye. 25.4 fx pellets @ 940fps. Zero wind on that day helped. Did this on purpose to see what I would get. Couldn't be more impressed. Other than the tank pressure gauge needing to be tightened a hair to stop a super slow leak it's been flawless. Knowing where to look for the leak was simple thanks to @Joedirt199. I think he might be a mechanic for RTI in his spare time.

Not an RTI Tech but I did have to track down a leak in my compact that was coming from the threads of the rear foster fitting. Fortunately it came out without messing up the threads in the receiver block and I put an oring and plastic washer from my chinese hand pump extra bits, under the foster fitting to seal it up. Then the reg had a small leak I had to track down so plenty of wrenching around on a new gun. Had to get it fixed pronto since all I have is a hand pump and that was getting old in frequency. Now she holds air like a champ and the reg settles out 3-5 bar over setting. Not a huge creep issue.

Do these Prophets need TLC right out the box? Seems like some users have had leaks or creeping issues. Then after some work the guns settle in? I expect any high end PCP I buy to give me ZERO issues out the box. So far I’ve been lucky? Across five PCPs? The Krait thread also has users willing to dive into a new, not properly working expensive gun… Working on a new out the box gun is a non starter for me. Guns would be sent right back.

• Love
my prophet performance v1 22 cal had reg creep..and the POI change was very noticeable... i did get a rebuilt kit for free but i didn't install it. i ended up getting a fixed reg set to 145 bar (that's about were i had the adjustable reg set) and it's been flawless.. i have 2 compacts
(one is actually my wife's) hers is a 22 and it has been perfect since day one. not one issue. mine i have the 22,25 and 177 barrels. that i use mainly for small game hunting. the reg on it started creeping on it. however i have yet notice a big POI change inside of 50 yards. so i'm not concerned about it yet.

Reactions: L.Leon and ThomasT
Do these Prophets need TLC right out the box? Seems like some users have had leaks or creeping issues. Then after some work the guns settle in? I expect any high end PCP I buy to give me ZERO issues out the box. So far I’ve been lucky? Across five PCPs? The Krait thread also has users willing to dive into a new, not properly working expensive gun… Working on a new out the box gun is a non starter for me. Guns would be sent right back.
i do agree with your statement.. paying as much as we do for our toys they should be right and without issues out of box.... none of the 3 RTI rifles showed any issues for several rounds (as stated the 22 compact has been perfect and is still working great) none of of them have ever had a leak... shot spot on right out of box... my theory on the reg issue of the RTI V1 rifles... we (including myself) do not give the regulators time to fully break-in... less that a tin of pellets down the pipe and we're making adjustments.. i never touched the 22 compact and it's not had an issue... the other two rifles i tweaked on them less than 200 rounds and the regs had issues... i was told when i bought my FX.... " it's not gonna shoot as well as it could when you receive it.. shoot a couple of tins of pellets through it first, allow it time to break in...and you most it likely will not have a issue" i did just that with the FX and the RTI compact 22... and what do you know.. neither has had a problem. i'm betting my reg issues with my other two were self induced..

Reactions: L.Leon
i do agree with your statement.. paying as much as we do for our toys they should be right and without issues out of box.... none of the 3 RTI rifles showed any issues for several rounds (as stated the 22 compact has been perfect and is still working great) none of of them have ever had a leak... shot spot on right out of box... my theory on the reg issue of the RTI V1 rifles... we (including myself) do not give the regulators time to fully break-in... less that a tin of pellets down the pipe and we're making adjustments.. i never touched the 22 compact and it's not had an issue... the other two rifles i tweaked on them less than 200 rounds and the regs had issues... i was told when i bought my FX.... " it's not gonna shoot as well as it could when you receive it.. shoot a couple of tins of pellets through it first, allow it time to break in...and you most it likely will not have a issue" i did just that with the FX and the RTI compact 22... and what do you know.. neither has had a problem. i'm betting my reg issues with my other two were self induced..
Like you, I believe in letting a new PCP settle in. No adjustments until I have a decent baseline. I just shoot several tins of pellets through my PCPs. Regulators set as I received them and the guns haven’t had any creep issues…

I have had a Prophet II performance in .22 for about 8 weeks now. It did suffer bad reg creep (there is a separate thread on here about the RTI regulator. My fix is on there).
The balanced valve of the P2 means if the pressure creeps up, it just wont fire, as mine did. 10 bar creep is not very obvious on the small gauges so I managed to squeeze a digital one on it. After fixing it creeps up about 2 bar in 24 hours and stops there. Im happy with that.
As there is effectively no hammer tuning (its either enough hammer or not enough), the speed is entirely dependent on plenum pressure. This worries me a bit but at the moment its shooting acceptable but not amazing and it defiantly gets better as you move towards 50Ftlbs and above.