• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Performance Owners?

I've had my prophet .22 for a few months now.

It got accurate after cleaning the barrel and about 500-1000 rounds through it.

Last week i shot 10 rounds in 3/4" at 100 yards with the redesigns at 980fps. It does get jumpy as the power gets up there. I had to learn the gun and am loving it. I have the 18g and 25g JSB's and tune for either for shot count or power. Occasionally i'll tune to the 13g JSB's when shooting in doors as not to penetrate sheet metal walls. The long range barrel is pellet specific, but some folks have had success with 21g H&N slugs. (I haven't tried them yet).

I will be purchasing a slug barrel when they become available.

The trigger is a dream compared to my marauder. (that's all i have to compare to).

Some folks have complained about sharp edges, They were not present on mine.

Cycling the action is smooth as silk. You can double load the breach if you aren't paying attention, and the side lever will jump if it's not fully engaged.

It's a little heavy, and there's no sling bolts or hooks. I have a 3D printer and plan on fixing that in the future :)

It is LOUD. i have a Donny FL Ronin hanging on the end. Dry firing without the mod on sounds like a .22 pistol. With it, it's nice and quiet.

Overall feeling i solid and well made. There is no but pad, but i haven't missed it. There are after market pads available. I may make one in the future.

In short, I love mine, and the pigeons in the concrete plant don't stand a chance :)

The reasons listed above are why I wanted and bought one. I pray that the sharp edges are an exception and not the rule. I will be talking with AOA to see if they have any solutions, I did put on gloves and played with the rifle a bit, got a tiny scratch on my cheek, however, had planned on finding a riser for it. Is your gun Cerakoted? I thought that would take care of a lot of the sharp edges.

@Migraine,

I'd be interested on what you decide, after talking to AOA.

Terry

Terry,

I will either post here or PM you, if they offer a fix would love to keep it. Bought it for a reason, just like my powder burners, bought them for a reason...except for one a Big Fine Revolver in 45-70 I think it was a someone told me I could not moment, think it is the same with me DE in 50AE...

I've had my prophet .22 for a few months now.

It got accurate after cleaning the barrel and about 500-1000 rounds through it.

Last week i shot 10 rounds in 3/4" at 100 yards with the redesigns at 980fps. It does get jumpy as the power gets up there. I had to learn the gun and am loving it. I have the 18g and 25g JSB's and tune for either for shot count or power. Occasionally i'll tune to the 13g JSB's when shooting in doors as not to penetrate sheet metal walls. The long range barrel is pellet specific, but some folks have had success with 21g H&N slugs. (I haven't tried them yet).

I will be purchasing a slug barrel when they become available.

The trigger is a dream compared to my marauder. (that's all i have to compare to).

Some folks have complained about sharp edges, They were not present on mine.

Cycling the action is smooth as silk. You can double load the breach if you aren't paying attention, and the side lever will jump if it's not fully engaged.

It's a little heavy, and there's no sling bolts or hooks. I have a 3D printer and plan on fixing that in the future :)

It is LOUD. i have a Donny FL Ronin hanging on the end. Dry firing without the mod on sounds like a .22 pistol. With it, it's nice and quiet.

Overall feeling i solid and well made. There is no but pad, but i haven't missed it. There are after market pads available. I may make one in the future.

In short, I love mine, and the pigeons in the concrete plant don't stand a chance :)

The reasons listed above are why I wanted and bought one. I pray that the sharp edges are an exception and not the rule. I will be talking with AOA to see if they have any solutions, I did put on gloves and played with the rifle a bit, got a tiny scratch on my cheek, however, had planned on finding a riser for it. Is your gun Cerakoted? I thought that would take care of a lot of the sharp edges.

Margaret you a WOMAN RIGHT-?

Getting all busted up from rocking with your brand new gun? 

Bloody finger and even scratched your cheek-?

Careful-!!! Don't want you looking like THIS-

https://youtu.be/eJkmhgyEBJI

argaret you a WOMAN RIGHT-?

Getting all busted up from rocking with your brand new gun? 

Bloody finger and even scratched your cheek-?

Careful-!!! Don't want you looking like THIS-

@Odoyle

I had to go check, still can't stand up and pee. I am tall though, have done jobs in the past that more men than women have done. But yes, I am a female, but identify as a gun snob.

AOA offered a refund and shipping label as long as it goes back with in 30 days Daren, at AOA is awesome. I will get some parts from @Orion and see how it goes. Have a friend who bought one for her husband, he 3d printed some parts, she loves the gun and they are buying another, did not know she had one.

Terry,

Buy one from AOA if it does not live up to what you want send it back.

nope, the black model... im goin out in an hour or so, just got my tacticam :) hopefully i'll post some groups :)
setup.1616260174.jpg

I got my Prophet Performance 22LR two hours ago. Very nice trigger. Regulator set at 170bar. The AOA chrony with 25.4 pellets averaged 948, so it can take more spring. I put a Sumo on it and it works good. Fit and finish is excellent. I found no sharp edges anywhere on my gun. I pressed my thumb firmly on the edge of the side covers and ran it over them and there is no way I could cut myself. Seems odd that two guns from the same lot could be so different but it seems they are. Another poster said the gauges were 1/8th of a turn from pointing straight out, mine are. 

I got my Prophet Performance 22LR two hours ago. Very nice trigger. Regulator set at 170bar. The AOA chrony with 25.4 pellets averaged 948, so it can take more spring. I put a Sumo on it and it works good. Fit and finish is excellent. I found no sharp edges anywhere on my gun. I pressed my thumb firmly on the edge of the side covers and ran it over them and there is no way I could cut myself. Seems odd that two guns from the same lot could be so different but it seems they are. Another poster said the gauges were 1/8th of a turn from pointing straight out, mine are.

A few ways that things slip through QC end of shift, rush to get things out, it's good enough and so on. It is a production gun, mass produced, not a custom piece. Beyond the few sharp edges which will be addressed, the accuracy is great, super fun to shoot. I did post follow up images. Maybe I just have the exception time to time, had a cheap firearm that friends had issues with, the one I had was near perfect no problems, so just my turn.

Alias

170 bar wow, My 25 came with 110 bar, I put it to 135 bar shooting JSB 33 gr at a little over 920 FPS , A turn with the H/S and its over 1000 FPS , So I backed it out to lower 900s , 

Got mine out looking for sharp edges , At the top by the handle if you cram your hand hard against the top is a little sharp , A little tape would work or Orion's fix works great.. 

Migraine ,

If this is your 1st PCP wow, Its like the 1st time rider getting a GSXR 1000 , Maybe that's a little overboard but you get the Idea,

Mike

@airgunmike56

Maybe, my first hand gun was a Smith and Wesson Model 27, My first car was a 1968 GTO my first non Daisy/Crossman was an RWS model 52. I still have the Model 27 and Model 52, actually my first PCP was a Leshiy 2, the spouse laid claim to it so the RTI Prophet is my replacement. Speaking on donor cycle was a Yamaha TT500 back in 1980 or the first one I paid for. I have a thing about trying to future proof myself or find something I like, save for it and buy it. I am not getting any younger and have loved shooting for a long time, Annie Oakley and I go way back ;)

The plus side of the Prophet Priest is that there are not that many failure points and some may even say it's night and day difference compared say the FX Impact.

I kinda dissed the early on RTIs due to the Darth Vader like sound however the Impacts with Power Plenums are just like that.

I bpight one just to see 4 myself I still think it's overpriced 4 what you get. Under $1000 for them as is is fine though IMHO.

Look at the Zbroia Kosak for example under $1000. Have 3 of them poor man's Cricket or Veteran.