• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Performance Owners?

The .25 can do both slugs and pellets. The .22 LR is ( as I understand it ) pretty much a pellet only gun - that barrel is apparently practically designed specifically for the .22 RD's. I have the .25 - the thing is obscenely powerful - I've got it tuned for 36.2g NSA slugs and it's currently running them at 907'ish and it's dead accurate out to 100 yds. There is a lotta room left to tune it up more but . . . I happy with it where it is.

I can't answer your question.

I only have the Prophet .22. Shoots mostly the RWS 18.13 gr. pellets, and shoots them very well. I removed the OEM grip and put an ERGO 15° grip on it. Makes shooting MUCH more comfortable. 0° grips are also available. I have one of those on my Maverick.

I doubt many have both the Prophet in .22 AND .25 to answer your question.

Mike

You can add a .25 or .30 barrel, I added the .30 to mine for coyotes etc, the .22 is less to shoot and figured it will be an offset at some point. We have a Leshiy 2 in .25 with a .22 barrel and will add a .30 barrel at some point. Airguns of Arizona was super easy to work with on this transaction. Mine arrived today, hope to get it to the range this weekend for further review.

@terryb00 - yes it did. I purchased a tin of them with the gun and yeah - they shot well. Per @mikew - I too changed out the stock grip with one recommended by Erlis (Orion the Iguana hunter ) and I also found a butt hook for it to get a little extra reach (length of pull). It's 'frozen' now - ie; I don't mess with it at all - just feed it air and ammo. ;-) ( took me a while to get it dialed . . . )

I have had all of them and they all shoot slugs well even the original priest I had shot slugs well....my prophet and best friends 22lr loves slugs! The 22lr shoots the Daystate howlers like a lazer.

You might want one of these butt plates also.
IMG_20200826_192100_01.1616115399.jpg
IMG_20200826_192034_01.1616115399.jpg

I've had my prophet .22 for a few months now.

It got accurate after cleaning the barrel and about 500-1000 rounds through it.

Last week i shot 10 rounds in 3/4" at 100 yards with the redesigns at 980fps. It does get jumpy as the power gets up there. I had to learn the gun and am loving it. I have the 18g and 25g JSB's and tune for either for shot count or power. Occasionally i'll tune to the 13g JSB's when shooting in doors as not to penetrate sheet metal walls. The long range barrel is pellet specific, but some folks have had success with 21g H&N slugs. (I haven't tried them yet).

I will be purchasing a slug barrel when they become available.

The trigger is a dream compared to my marauder. (that's all i have to compare to).

Some folks have complained about sharp edges, They were not present on mine.

Cycling the action is smooth as silk. You can double load the breach if you aren't paying attention, and the side lever will jump if it's not fully engaged.

It's a little heavy, and there's no sling bolts or hooks. I have a 3D printer and plan on fixing that in the future :)

It is LOUD. i have a Donny FL Ronin hanging on the end. Dry firing without the mod on sounds like a .22 pistol. With it, it's nice and quiet.

Overall feeling i solid and well made. There is no but pad, but i haven't missed it. There are after market pads available. I may make one in the future.

In short, I love mine, and the pigeons in the concrete plant don't stand a chance :)