• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rti prophet performance owners.

Good day RTI owners. I was wondering if anyone knew what went in the large void that went from end of the barrel where the barrel washer is to the end of the shroud end cap inside the shroud? It’s just seams like a lot of space for pellet to fly before leaving the end of your moderator. Also, does any one make barrel stiffener or barrel band for these guns? I really appreciate the insight. 

Nothing, just open space for the air from the "shot" to expand / dissipate some so the sound isn't so harsh.

Unless you've seen the RTI barrel sag, there is no need for stiffeners. These guns have won bench rest shooting tournaments just as they are. Don't read into the hype. Most of todays guns are better at acquiring the target better than the person pulling the trigger without all of the "goodies". Much of it's just bragging rights.

Beside, if you look, the shroud actually helps out in the stiffening with that disc/o-ring at the end of the barrel that you mentioned.

Mike

Hi guys and gals,rockchucker here,new member 15 yr airgunner life time powder shooter.Recently got a rti prophet in .22.I am an accuracy addict and i have to say my prophet is a barn burner.it may not be the most accurate airgun in the world but it is definitely a title contender.The gun actually shoots better than i can.i am zeroed at 40 yds.will put every pellet in a 3/8" hole till you run out of ammo.This gun has a few cons but accuracy is not 1 of them.Hammer adjustment is flush<reg at 120 bar Jsb 18.1 pellets.I am 76 yrs old so not as steady as i used to be.2019 ebr winner at 75 yds.There is a new sherrif in town.Enjoy.

Hi guys and gals,rockchucker here,new member 15 yr airgunner life time powder shooter.Recently got a rti prophet in .22.I am an accuracy addict and i have to say my prophet is a barn burner.it may not be the most accurate airgun in the world but it is definitely a title contender.The gun actually shoots better than i can.i am zeroed at 40 yds.will put every pellet in a 3/8" hole till you run out of ammo.This gun has a few cons but accuracy is not 1 of them.Hammer adjustment is flush<reg at 120 bar Jsb 18.1 pellets.I am 76 yrs old so not as steady as i used to be.2019 ebr winner at 75 yds.There is a new sherrif in town.Enjoy.

Welcome! They are very accurate! If you have the performance model you should crank her up and shoot the .22 monster redesigns 25.39 they hit so hard at 980fps

So a friend of mine with two 30 cal Prophet Performance Compacts wanted to improve a few things. One of the issues was clipping and the other issue he wanted to shorten the shroud. The second photo is a recent result of Bullysyclones work.

IMG_1911.1641966794.jpeg
IMG_6014.1641966832.jpeg

I recently got a Prophet I Performance Compact and it only worked for about 20 shots before I couldn't fill it with air anymore. Can't return it and can't seem to get any help fixing it or knowing which part might have gone on it to order a part myself. It won't fill past 80 bar and when it was working it sent out a huge puff of air from where the pellet feeds with each shot. Also, if I do put air in the bottle and then cock it, all the air comes out the barrel, again at the pellet end. This is my first PCP airgun, I normally shoot pistols. Anyone have any advice on how to fix it? Was excited at first but now I think I got scammed out of a lot of money on a lemon. Appreciate any advice! I've contacted the place I bought it, and Rti via their Facebook page, and the support people at their online shop (who I guess aren't the manufacturers) and I've just tried to contact the manufacturer directly. I am envious that all your guns work.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I am new to the platform and can't help with the filling to 80bar. I can't think of anything that would keep it from filling? How are you trying to fill? Are you using a hand pump, compressor, tank? Are you new to PCP's or experienced?

As far as the puff of air from the breach it sounds like the o-ring is missing or damaged just inside the barrel where the probe inserts. It's an easy fix if you have the tools and minor skills.

I'm assuming you bought it new and still under warranty. If so, and the vendor is refusing to take care of you please share so the rest of us can avoid doing business with them.

It took me a while to figure out that RTIarms.shop is a dealer in Spain. RTIarms.eu is the manufacturer in Europe. I'm sure RTIarms.eu will help out if the dealer is refusing to.

With more info other members can help with the issue as well.

all pcp guns need work from time to time , but sounds like you used all the air and you cant fill it cause it is leaking out of barrel , cock it first and then fill it if this dont work the possible the valve has debris on it or broke but many guns leak while filling if they are empty unless you cock them , I do own same gun let me know after trying this they are a basic gun to fix
LOU

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 06-56-15 Prophet-exploded.pdf.png
COCKING IT SHOULD HELP FILL IT IF NOTHING IS WRONG HOWEVER IF IT STILL LEAKS OUT BARREL DURING FILLING IT NUMBER 34 IS THE VALVE YOU NEED TO SEE IF IT HAS DEBRIS ON IT OR IT IS BROKEN , I HAD OTHER MAKES WITH BROKEN OR LEAKY VALVES BUT NOT A RTI

Last edited:
Reactions: customcutter
Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I am new to the platform and can't help with the filling to 80bar. I can't think of anything that would keep it from filling? How are you trying to fill? Are you using a hand pump, compressor, tank? Are you new to PCP's or experienced?

As far as the puff of air from the breach it sounds like the o-ring is missing or damaged just inside the barrel where the probe inserts. It's an easy fix if you have the tools and minor skills.

I'm assuming you bought it new and still under warranty. If so, and the vendor is refusing to take care of you please share so the rest of us can avoid doing business with them.

It took me a while to figure out that RTIarms.shop is a dealer in Spain. RTIarms.eu is the manufacturer in Europe. I'm sure RTIarms.eu will help out if the dealer is refusing to.

With more info other members can help with the issue as well.
Thanks; yeah always sucks when this sort of thing happens. I'm new to airguns so it took me a week or so to figure out it wasn't the pump. I was using a PCP specific pump but figured it was faulty so I bought a second one and it did the same thing. I can run it for 30 minutes and it won't get past 80 bar. Then I started looking closer at the gun because I saw on the forums that people were filling these things in 5-15 minutes; figured I was in trouble. The second pump I got can fill diving tanks. It was new and yes, it's super confusing who to even talk to about it. Hoping to hear something back from Rti directly soon, I finally found their EU email and sent them a message about it. One person said they thought that what's happening is because the bottle is fully empty there's no air to push a valve closed that keeps it from leaking out the barrel. They thought it could be a bad "valve" but I'm damned if I can just order a "valve" to fix it. I need something more specific and I basically haven't even used this thing yet so I'm kind of at sea. Was hoping someone on here had seen this problem crop up on their gun and would know more about it than I do.

As jwrabbit123 said, try cocking the gun before trying fill it. Sometimes the hammer spring tension will hold the valve open if there is no pressure on the poppet valve from the air tank. Does it hold air at 80bar after you try filling or does it leak out if you don't cock it?

It sounds like either a broken poppet valve or trash under the valve like already mentioned. RTIarms.eu will probably send you a valve if the gun is new. No need to buy another one. There are some dis-assembly videos on YT if you are mechanically inclined. As mentioned, the Prophet is a fairly simple gun to repair if you are capable.

I had a poppet valve break in my AEA HP Carbine. It sounded like the gun was "farting" and all of the air leaked out after the shot.

When filling from 0 bar cock the gun
If it’s too much hammer spring keeping the valve open, try backing it out flush with edge of the butt stock..keep track of how many turns you back out.
Make sure the pressure release screw is fully tightened..it’s the one below the hammer spring screw.
+2 on where it was purchased.
Probably a real long shot, but does it have the correct pellet pusher / probe for the caliber? If you had a .177 probe in a .22..or .22 in a .25, you’d definitely get a puff of air at the shot.

Last edited: