RTI Prophet Performance in .25 - slugs?

Anyone have one with the .25 barrel and if so - you shooting slugs with it? I've been having "pretty good" results with H&N 34g ( .250's ) @930-940 fps but hoping to find something that will perform better. The new one ( Prophet II ) apparently uses the newer "hybrid" barrel that might be better for slugs (?). I see that RTI is going to sell that new barrel separately - just wondering if it might be worth it or if any of you have already found a decent slug solution for existing .25 barrels.

Hello - I have the Prophet with .25 Lothar Walther LR barrel, so not sure which barrel you have. I just started testing slugs and have had pretty decent results with the JSB Knock Out MK 2 33.5 grains, and the fx hybrid slugs mk2 26 grains at 75 yards. Generally group around 1" with regulator at 135 Bar , around 900 fps with the Knock Outs at 75 yards. I havent tested higher / lower reg settings yet. This barrel can pretty consistently shoot .75" groups with JSB MK2 Heavy pellets at 920 fps. I was surprised that it shot slugs so well!

Reactions: jdanvers
I have a Taipan Veteran Standard in .25 and shoot 48gr. Griffin HP BTs, shooting nickels at 100yrds @ 880fps. Question, I've been considering purchase of a RTI Profet Performance, mainly for the bigger bottle/air tank volume - have you shot slugs in the 48gr range - and what kind of accuracy/fps were you getting from the RTI? or, if you'd be willing I can mail you a few for testing.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@KMoses - I've never shot anything that heavy. The heaviest I've shot with my RTI is the NSA 36g's which, at 907fps, actually do fly quite well. I started looking at lighter for better efficiency and higher speed thinking maybe flatter trajectory. I've actually just switched it back / re-tuned it for the JSB MKII pellets (33.95's) again as it is a laser with those. ( I had a partial tin and then got wind of PA having inventory so I grabbed as many as I could . . . ) I may wait on it for a while to see how others make out with the Prophet II and the new "hybrid" barrel that (maybe) will be better with slugs. If that does in fact turn out to be a better barrel then I'll either purchase one of those barrels, or perhaps just grab the whole gun (P II) and use it as a dedicated slugger.

cool, appreciate the reply - just shot a round of 91yrds (backyard, that's it) with the 48s @ 88fps - top group is 6 shots - turret adjustment - bottom group is 20shots. sad but for the HP-BT - 48 is the lightest Griffin makes and they shoot better than any other slug I've tried.

20220720_154312.jpg

I have the RTI prophet performance in .25 and .22. 24-inch barrel for both. I bought a couple of boxes of ZAN slugs to try and didn't get great results. However, I'm no expert; this was my first time shooting .25 cal. I got the 26, 28, 30, and 32-grain slugs all shooting at 150 bar reg pressure and around 950 FPS. I probably did not have a good tune and harmonic whatever going, which probably did not help my accuracy, but I was not getting great groups. Also to note... the RTI is a very hold-sensitive gun (or at least mine seems to be) maybe the barrel is the long-range pellet barrel? can't seem to find current information on the .25 cal barrels on RTIs website as they now have the new hybrid barrel on there. maybe it was just me? I haven't felt like buying more .25 cal slugs and switched back to the .22 barrel because I wanted a more accurate reach and a caliber I was more comfortable with.

Anyone have one with the .25 barrel and if so - you shooting slugs with it? I've been having "pretty good" results with H&N 34g ( .250's ) @930-940 fps but hoping to find something that will perform better. The new one ( Prophet II ) apparently uses the newer "hybrid" barrel that might be better for slugs (?). I see that RTI is going to sell that new barrel separately - just wondering if it might be worth it or if any of you have already found a decent slug solution for existing .25 barrels.
what is a pretty good group for those by your standards for those slugs? I've seen AirRifle activities on youtube shoot a lot of pest birds with .25 slugs and the prophet performance I think he was using H&N slugs as well.

@erapp1214 - if I'm having an "on" day and light to calm wind conditions . . . I can keep 'em under 2" groups @100. I've done 1.5" to 1.75"s before - it's woodchuck accurate. I've been shooting those pellets out of it as mentioned above but . . . . ( lol ) thinking about re-tuning it back to the slugs. I don't know - I just like the way they (seem) to fly better and they hit so much harder on critters.

( re-reading your post ) AirRifle Activities (Alex) - yeah - he's actually the one that turned me onto slugs with the .25 AND UA accidentally turned me onto the 34's. Alex was shooting 28g's. I asked him what he thought about them as I thought about getting some after seeing his video. He responded that he was generally happy but to make sure to get the .250's - NOT .249's. ( I didn't know such things existed ) So . . . . UA had some H&N .250 28g's and I ordered up a couple of tins of them. They screwed up the order and sent me 34g's. I checked / double checked my order on the web site and even the receipt - everything said 28's. I opened one of the tins up and started playing with 'em anyway and was really quite surprised at how well they did. I did get a package of the 28g ZAN's ( I think they're 28's) and well . . . . while everyone is all a-ga-ga over the zans - they were horrible for me. What's left of them sit on a shelf upstairs in my gun room collecting dust . . . . {sigh}