RTI Prophet Performance hammer spring option.

Just wanted to share this info for those RTI Prophet Performance V1 owners that want a smoother cocking experience…

Especially for .177 shooters….but probably great for .22 as well (I’ll test soon). [edit: I tested today - it worked great in my .22 LR Prophet v1 - I can easily get 960+ fps with 15.89g]

I tried cutting down a stock RTI spring by a couple coils. It was a bit better cocking, and gave more adjustability for reducing velocity into the below 900fps range.

You could also conduct a similar test yourself - without cutting your stock RTI spring - simply by removing the delrin spring guide inside the hammer, and using your spring without the spring guide.

But if you want REALLY nice cocking - smoothness similar to my FX Dreamline cocking - then try this $8 spring on Amazon. Its long enough to make a bunch of springs, I cut my 1st one to exactly the same length as a stock RTI spring.

I easy can get to velocities over 900fps with this replacement spring using my .177 barrel. I have not tested yet with .22 - but since my .22 RTI LR barrel is 600mm and the .177 is only 510mm, I’d expect that it should easy hit velocities over 900fps with .22 caliber as well - and my reg pressure is only 83bar…

My photo shows in the bag a stock RTI Prophet spring, a shortened stock RTI Prophet spring and the delrin spacer/spring guide. The long replacement spring is outside the bag. It has the correct 10mm outer diameter and has a 1.5mm coil thickness.

Its softer than the stock spring, so gives a much smoother cocking experience. It won’t provide the power of the stock RTI Prophet V1 hammer spring, but I’m target shooting, so I don’t need massive power. It has plenty of omph to get to 850-920 fps “optimal accuracy” velocities. When I do want massive power, its two minutes to swap the stiffer stock spring back in.

Amazon listing:
METALLIXITY Compression Springs (1.5x10mm OD,305mm Free Length) 304 Stainless Steel Extension Spring - for Shop Home Repairs, DIY Projects, Silver Tone https://a.co/d/6y8P7nr

Hope this helps you fellow RTI Prophet v1 owners.

-Ed

IMG_1734.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool info! Thx!!

What did you use to cut the spring? Would a Dremel cut-off wheel work..or maybe something else?
Yep, I used a Dremmel cutoff wheel.

Also, use a little butane torch … heat the last 1/2 coil of cut end until red, then push end down on flat glass stove top or granite countertop to flatten the end, giving a more “professional“ finish to your spring.

Added pictures to show Dremmel butane torch I used… so Dremmel rotary tool with cutter to cut spring and then Dremmel butane torch to heat the end coil and flatten it.

IMG_1738.jpeg

IMG_1739.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: lbc_PSI