• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Performance compact x 2

I've been thinking of getting a RTI compact for sometime now. This morning I was drinking my morning coffee reading here on the forum. looking at the sale prices that some dealers have listed now on the Prophet models (yeah I know the Prophet 2 is coming out) I personally thought that the sale prices are a pretty deal. so I bought one in 22 and one in 25.. my only issue is picking a scope and rings....what are the scope and rings are you all using on your compact. I would like to it be a compact scope.

I'd recommend the Athlon Helos 2-12x42. Great scope. I'm using a Helos 4-20x50 on mine though. With UTG PRO rings in low configuration.

IMG_20220430_070547636.1651327575.jpg
This was it before I changed it up bottle wise.

IMG_20220401_163740379_HDR.1651327764.jpg

I really like the Vector Optics Veyron 3-12 x 44 (FFP or SFP - your choice - I prefer SFP scopes and they are cheaper) or the Optisan CP 3-12 x32P compact scopes on my compact hunting rifles. Light, compact, look good on the guns, smooth operating and do the job. I've used them for a couple of years and never had any issues.

Glass is slightly clearer and brighter on the more expensive Optisan. However the Optisan has a traditional hood whereas I like the honeycomb 'hood' on the Vectors a little better (doesn't add any significant length to the scope, and I've found it to be effective).

To me they are just right on compact guns for hunting scenarios out to maybe 75 yards. Beyond that my old eyes want more magnification.

IMG_2593.1651330208.JPG

IMG_2581B.1651330437.jpg

Here's mine with a Meprolite M21, reflex sight. The white parts gather light, and light up, (in my case) a nice, off-red, delta (solid triangle). Although I swap sights around a bit. Like last night I put a Steiner T332, prism sight on it. So now I need to double check the point of aim.

I shoot off hand / free hand, So I don't have any other junk hanging off of it.

RTI Prophet Perf. Compact, .22.1651329893.JPG

Mike

@TMH I do like the looks of the vector veyron 12x44. I have on on my dreamline compact. I agree it it a very nice scope for the money. Thinking of getting the 16x44 for my Prophet full size. As I do like how compact the scopes are and look great on a compact rifle. I was leaning towards those scopes but was curious what others was using.. 

@Dairyboy I've read just about everyone's post on their rti compacts... but you really fueled the fire. Thanks man...👍

I really like the Vector Optics Veyron 3-12 x 44 (FFP or SFP - your choice - I prefer SFP scopes and they are cheaper) or the Optisan CP 3-12 x32P compact scopes on my compact hunting rifles. Light, compact, look good on the guns, smooth operating and do the job. I've used them for a couple of years and never had any issues.

Glass is slightly clearer and brighter on the more expensive Optisan. However the Optisan has a traditional hood whereas I like the honeycomb 'hood' on the Vectors a little better (doesn't add any significant length to the scope, and I've found it to be effective).

To me they are just right on compact guns for hunting scenarios out to maybe 75 yards. Beyond that my old eyes want more magnification.

IMG_2593.1651330208.JPG

IMG_2581B.1651330437.jpg

Wow that cricket looks awesome!

@TMH I do like the looks of the vector veyron 12x44. I have on on my dreamline compact. I agree it it a very nice scope for the money. Thinking of getting the 16x44 for my Prophet full size. As I do like how compact the scopes are and look great on a compact rifle. I was leaning towards those scopes but was curious what others was using..

I've got a full size Prophet Performance .22 LR incoming - Couldn't hold off when AoA recently dropped their prices due to the incoming P2.

I'm thinking that for the full size gun I'm going to use my Optika5, which came off a gun which I recently sold. So bright and clear, and really capable for a semi-small and semi-lightweight package.

IMG_2602.1651371329.JPG

IMG_2603.1651371330.JPG

Wow that cricket looks awesome!

Steve Corcoran in the U.S. recently started making these stocks for the C 2 Tact. See my post about it here: 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/my-new-steve-corcoran-stock-arrived-cricket-2-tactical/?referrer=1

I've been thinking of getting a RTI compact for sometime now. This morning I was drinking my morning coffee reading here on the forum. looking at the sale prices that some dealers have listed now on the Prophet models (yeah I know the Prophet 2 is coming out) I personally thought that the sale prices are a pretty deal. so I bought one in 22 and one in 25.. my only issue is picking a scope and rings....what are the scope and rings are you all using on your compact. I would like to it be a compact scope.
After I bought my first airgun, RTI Prophet Compact. While trying to decide on my first scope a friend was selling a new Immersive Optics 14x50 prism scope. Reason for selling was he couldn't fit his camera on it. It is awesome! Light, crystal clear, love the single power because you only have to adjust the focus! Best of all it has a very wide field of view. They claim it's 4x wider than a traditional scope. Also, I have old eyes and can use without my glasses. Give it a look.

I've been thinking of getting a RTI compact for sometime now. This morning I was drinking my morning coffee reading here on the forum. looking at the sale prices that some dealers have listed now on the Prophet models (yeah I know the Prophet 2 is coming out) I personally thought that the sale prices are a pretty deal. so I bought one in 22 and one in 25.. my only issue is picking a scope and rings....what are the scope and rings are you all using on your compact. I would like to it be a compact scope.
If you tell me how to post a picture, I'll send a pic of mine mounted on Compact. Also, the Immersive comes with it's own mounting system, you just attach to the pic rail.