RTI Prophet Performance Compact or Leshiy 2 Hornet?

Hello All,

Just looking for opinions on which gun I should get. I would use it for ratting on my property with the occasional skunk to take out. I’d also be using it to hunt small game so it needs to fit in a backpack and not be too heavy because I ride my mountain bike into the forest. 
My current set up is a P-Rod with a Sumo on the end of it. I use a Hawke red dot but I recently ordered a Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini. Maybe I should just be happy with what I have, but I’d like to be able to hit things further away. Anyway, the Prophet and the Leshiy 2 both seem like incredibly guns, totally different but for some reason they both seem to fit my needs well. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

Hello This is just my experience as I own a RTI priest(shooting Hades@975) and a Leshiy 2 compact (shooting Hades @900) both in 22 cal. RTI super accurate and great on table or a bench. It is not as rugged and even the slightest bump has knocked it out go zero. With that said it will out shoot the Leshiy every day 1/4 to 1/2 groups at 45yds compared to 3/4 to 1 inch. As for the Leshiy very rugged gun, this is my backpack gun I use an Eotech and a 3x magnifier and PVS14 for night use. Prior to buying the Edgun I had a Leyla on order from Edgun West but after months of backorder and several conversations with Brian (super helpful) I ended changing order to the Leshiy2. Very glad I did the gun is very easy to shoot off hand, makes a great backpack gun and on my settings I'm getting 4 mags on a fill and 3 mags on a 3200 psi fill. The Edgun with the the Hornet suppressor should be very quiet, even the stock one is not bad and much quieter when you are the observer and not the shooter. Well any questions just ask. Hope this helps Eric..

Hello Matthias just a little back info I do not work or tune my own guns(do not possess those skills) I shoot the gun at factory spec or at what I had asked the retailer to set it for. So I wanted a gun that was reliable and rugged for backpack use. Brian stated that the L2 has a better operating system/ air system and is just as reliable as the Lelya. He also stated that the LeLya is an older design and parts will become scarce when no longer supported. He also stated there was an outfitter using these as a course / rental / supplied gun with no real issues . That was all I need to hear. If the L2 can hold up to course use with minimal problems. I have and still have the luxury to be in the position to work with course/ range guns and its been my experience if a gun can stand up to that abuse it is probably worth buying. So that is why I ended up buying the L2. I think The Leyla is a great gun and If it was available at the time I would of bought it in fact I had even tried to buy a used one but no luck and thats how I ended up with my L2, all in all I'm happy with my choice. I hope that answers your questions If any more just ask never a problem. Eric

Hello tsakula I m not the most carful person(some what clumsy) I don't tie my guns to the back of my truck and drive them to the field but I do use them as a tool and in doing so the do get bumped and banged from time to time. Now this is my experience with the RTI , super accurate but very delicate. Bumps and bangs that should not knock the gun out of zero do. Rolling off a front and rear bag on to shooting bench deck, tapping side of gun to side of bench, bumping gun against object. It seams that the shroud should be supported better than it is. I have had several scopes on this gun and its not a scope or mounting issue it appears to me its a barrel/shroud support issue. I have bumped other guns equally as hard and have not had the issue I've had with the RTI. Don't get me I really like the RTI I just use it from the bench if I'm going to walk threw the wood with an airgun it probably won't be the RTI I'll grab something else. I hope this explained it but if not please ask me to clarify Eric

It is not as rugged and even the slightest bump has knocked it out go zero.

Can you explain this? So it has poi shifts because of touching it?

I’ve owned a RTI since before they became cool. Even before the upgraded Prophet breech block with the grub screws securing the shroud, the guns were very rugged. If you bump a RTI and it loses its zero, you need to replace your scope or check the grub screws securing the shroud. I use a sequence for tightening them to insure the shroud is not on a bind. When it’s on a bind from a heavy blow it may have taken, it could become sensitive and you could even experience clipping. I own a bunch of guns and my RTI is in the top 3 for never having to touch the scope. Taipan and Lelya, then RTI. 

I’ve got two .22 Prophets, full size LR and the compact and your comment about losing zero puzzles me too. Mine are built like tanks and I’ve never had mine lose zero. I’ve bumped mine many times hunting in the woods, climbing over fences and gates and it’s still extremely accurate. I’ve dropped pigeons out to 147 yards with my little compact.

I've never owned a Leishy but you see a lot of them for sale in the classifieds. You rarely see a Prophet for sale and that speaks volumes.

Just figure out what kind of shooting you’re going to do and your needs. The whole backpacking thing lends itself to the Leshiy but you have one thing to consider. It’s a semi and you’re gonna go through air quick. Think running critters and you slinging lead. With the Prophet, you’ll be more methodical with your shooting and since they are not short on power, you can tune it conservatively for a big shot count with just a hex wrench. Just buy a bigger backpack and don’t go with a scope that looks like it’s for viewing the next galaxy.

I hope thats not true about shroud flex of prophet. Because i want to buy that gun and keep it next to my leshiy 1.

Compared to my Impact's shroud & barrel the Prophet's shroud AND barrel are BOTH MUCH more robust. Sure it flexes if you park a MACK truck on it but you have to really exert a LOT of force to get it to move. Another vote for the poster above to check his scope and mounts before throwing stones at the Prophet's shroud.

Hello GoldenFrog My apologies when you asked for a comparison between the L2 and the Prophet I had given you my experience with the Priest(assuming they were pretty much the same guns with a few upgrades) and after see several people saying it is not the case, that it is not impact sensitive. I took a better look at the Priest and Prophet after Vetmx spoke about the grub screws. The shroud is secured 2 different ways so that might be why I'm experiencing issues. SO very sorry for not giving you and accurate comparison Eric

Thanks Eric, I knew the Priest was an earlier veto of the Prophet. I like hearing everyone’s opinions and thoughts. It seems like either gun would suit my needs. I’m leaning towards getting the Prophet Compact. I like that it comes with a CF bottle, great adjustable trigger, longer barrel that I already have a silencer for, and it’s less expensive. 
What the L2 has is it’s lighter, smaller, more durable, semi-auto. Anyway, they both seem to be amazing guns. Thanks for your input.