• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning RTI Prophet Performance Compact issue

I've put about 300 rounds through it and noticed on the cocking arm the spring bearing that locks the lever to the gun appears to be biting into the rifle please see photo. Just curious if others are having this issue and if this a major design flaw or am I being to peticular. The gun still operates fine but my concern is what will it be like after a few thousand round or more?
20210708_190324.1625789764.jpg
20210708_192033.1625790058.jpg

Yes...I noticed mine started doing that and was not happy. I never heard of it being a problem for anyone else until now. I cleaned it up real well. Made sure the spring loaded detent ball was moving. I put some silicone grease on it and worked it in some. Hasn't been a problem since... I do keep a close eye on it. It been good to go for several rounds.

I just checked mine and didn’t see any evidence of galling but I only have about 40 shots on it. I applied some moly paste on the ball bearing and frame. Gonna keep an eye on it. I could see the ball bearing creating a groove over time though because it’s steel against aluminum. Possible design issue or maybe the potential groove is part of the design like how edgun rm5 create a natural grove on the receiver from inserting and removing the rotary mags. 

Gabe

I wonder why it appears so powdery? Is it the lighting? Almost looks oxidized. My RTI has many thousands of rounds through it, and seems less worn than that.

Im not sure in xsports case... mine looked as if I filed on it to cause it to look like dust.. now that I know what I know I personally would lube it from the start. I plan on buying a PPC and will love the ball detent from the get go. as mentioned above. Once I worked some silicone grease in it hant been a problem. I have almost 2k rounds through mine ( Prophet Performance 22) no worries. I shot a few rounds today and alls well.