• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Performance 2 .177 - Lots of power !

At my range yesterday shooting with a couple of friends and one of them brought his new RTI Prophet 2 Performance Compact 👍 At the end of the day, we decided to test the max power output of this new edition with the new valve - He was shooting 13 gr slugs at the same velocity as we did with the RTI Prophet 1, but he was only at 115 bar and we were at 145 bar ! 🙂

Well, he cranked up the regulator to the max of 180 bar and loaded the ZAN 20 gr slugs 🙂 The specs at RTI says 30-50 Joules or 22-37 FPE 👍

F57751E3-BAE0-4C2F-913B-DA004D665489.jpeg

63.05 Joules and 46.5 FPE !

Huge numbers for a .177 for sure ! 🙂 Amazing ! 💪

I need to gather some slugs and test. 15 gr NSA are doing well but only tested 20-45 m.... just. I'll be shooting more soon and trying ZAN 's as soon as I know which ones work in my barrel and order some.

Considering faster twist barrel if needed to shoot 20gr accurate @1000 ish fps. Remeber!! lube your slugs properly , clean the barrel - slugs foul and ZAN are even softer lead I hear...

What ZAN's should I try for this LW barrrel?

Reactions: Mrshosted
At my range yesterday shooting with a couple of friends and one of them brought his new RTI Prophet 2 Performance Compact 👍 At the end of the day, we decided to test the max power output of this new edition with the new valve - He was shooting 13 gr slugs at the same velocity as we did with the RTI Prophet 1, but he was only at 115 bar and we were at 145 bar ! 🙂

Well, he cranked up the regulator to the max of 180 bar and loaded the ZAN 20 gr slugs 🙂 The specs at RTI says 30-50 Joules or 22-37 FPE 👍

View attachment 279706

If the accuracy is anything near your RW/DW with these slugs what a great little hunting platform this will be! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: SorenDrost
Thanks!! I'm ordering some 13 and 16's Soren.

I'm will have a friend machine a Lothar Walther 4.5 mm 1:16 barrel this winter and see if I can push longer bullets (solids/slugs) 20gr or apprx twice the length of caliber (9 mm).

I have the power but lacking dedicated 1/16 or 1/15 slugbarrel ... here's a Lothar Barrel I'm considering having machined:
I wrote here ealier to RTI in regards to a 60cm(23") barrel for their .177cal. They replied if I wanted 60cm barrel I should take a look at their .22 & 25cals.....Oh well.

View attachment 279706

Hi Soren, did the prophet 2 have any port restrictor fitted?
Purchased a .177 kit for my prophet 2, if needed I can use the port restrictor from my prophet one.
Thanks, 👍

I have no idea ! :) Usually the .177 is restricted to 2.6 mm (I opened mine up to 3 mm) (y)
Thanks 👍.
I'll change the barrels tomorrow and take a look at the TP. If it's threaded I will stick a 3mm restrictor in.
Like you, the 3mm TP hole works for the calibre and power.
This P2 is a totally different beast.😉🙂

Reactions: SorenDrost