RTI Prophet Moderator?

Use the "search" function..! A useful tool on this site. I use it all the time.
You'll find a LOT of reading on your subject !

You may even find the threads (pictures and all) about the baffle system that I put in the shroud on my RTI Compact.
Daystate baffles, a cut short Daystate spring. Now there's no need for an add-on muffler. This keeps the gun nice and short, just like it was designed.

Mike

I only know about the one I have on mine. It is a 0db and does an excellent job. Looks decent too.
IMG_2150.JPG

Reactions: Mr.H and jumpmn34
You'll find a LOT of reading on your subject !

You may even find the threads (pictures and all) about the baffle system that I put in the shroud on my RTI Compact.
Daystate baffles, a cut short Daystate spring. Now there's no need for an add-on muffler. This keeps the gun nice and short, just like it was designed.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I apologize for the arguably lazy post. I’m naturally inclined to go to the search bar with questions I have first, but without 10 posts and cannot interact with folks in the Classifieds forum. Alas, I am trying to kill two birds with one pellet and create posts that fulfill both my quota and my personal ponderings.

In any in case, I appreciate your response. I located your aforementioned post about the Daystate baffles and found it very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

personally i think it depends on how the rifle is tuned that determines what moderator is best. i use a tatsu on one compact in 22 that it hushes nicely with the reg set at 100 bar shooting 16gr pellets. if i up the reg to 120 and use 18gr pellets it's not near as silent. the other compact i also use a tatsu. i swap barrels on that one. when i have the 177 barrel installed the tatsu is very silent no matter how hot it's tuned. the other barrel is a 25 cal...again when i up the reg pressure to run in the 25 pellets the noise level rises with the tatsu. install the sumo on it and it hushes it up nicely

Hi Mike,

I apologize for the arguably lazy post. I’m naturally inclined to go to the search bar with questions I have first, but without 10 posts and cannot interact with folks in the Classifieds forum. Alas, I am trying to kill two birds with one pellet and create posts that fulfill both my quota and my personal ponderings.

In any in case, I appreciate your response. I located your aforementioned post about the Daystate baffles and found it very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
I’m having the same problem. That’s why I’m posting this. 😁

How does the rear of the shroud attach to the Prophet? My P35s shrouds screw into a metal piece grub screwed to the barrel. The shroud can be extended further down the barrel making it bigger for more sound suppression. I use 3 stock baffles and a hair curler and a half to get to mid 80 db sound level at 1 meter to the side and about a foot in front of the muzzle. The 177 is quieter at low 80s. If you cannot slide the shroud forward like this on a prophet I guess it would take a longer shroud to create more space.