• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet love

Simple, Powerful, easy to work on, and just a few O rings, and very accurate, I can only speak for the 25 caliber gun.

My reg is set a little under 120 bar and I am shooting 910 FPS 25 gr JSBs , As it came out of the box

I am a big fan of the CZ barrels, Will it out shoot my Veteran 25 with a LW barrel, NO one hole is one hole out to 48 yards,

Not sure at 100 yards and above have not got the Prophet that far out YET!!!!!!!!

But I can easy turn up the Reg and shoot some big heavy lead very fast, That will come in time.

Oh, and do remember to clean the barrel before testing accuracy 

Mike

Warning Rant below

RTI has all kinds of QC issues. I have had my Priest 2 Performance model for quite some time (16 Months) and I have had some great shooting with it. BUTTTTT there are major Quality control issues with things like old style Magazines being sold for the price of the new ones, (the Mag sucks any way buy a Cam mag). The new LR barrel had major clipping issues because the muzzle baffle was not the right size(1.5mm to small). I had to make one on a lathe to get it to not clip (after destroying my 0Db). The new regulators leak due to a bad shoulder to bottle connection. The seal that is used is also not the right size.Why would i replace original regulator with the new design? well the origanal regulator will climb until almost equal with tank pressure. And the biggest issue that cannot be fixed without lots of money is the Picatinny rail on top and bottom are not the right size. So all attaching items need to be modified. 

And before any of the die-hard's say anything yes I did contact Rob at RTI about the very first issue (Picatinny rail not meeting specs) and I was told "Unfortunately you are right about the rail. We have noticed that and I hope this won’t be a major issues”. No Replacement was offered or any offer to fix it after dropping $1599.00 USD on this. The owner’s manual I got was a f&*king joke. 

The reason people are on here looking for reviews and why AoA has not said much, is because there is no info being provided by RTI

Hell, AEAC was going to review the RTI products but it never was published. Guess why??

Ok Rant over.

So if any one wants a new .22 cal LR barrel from RTI (150 pellets shot) let me know and i will sell it to you at a great price

Hmm, while it's only one persons review...the review's got many not so good things in it.

I'm sorta wanting one, but...if they can't even get the picatinny rail right...come-on, that's OLD engineering..!

While I don't normally agree with hearing about quality control issues in ONE gun (product), the above seems to have some Engineering/QE (not QC) problems.

Mike

1597201470_14870628655f335c3e99bfa5.81499988.jpg

This should be .2066"

I agree never go off of one review about a product. But I also know never buy in the wow phase of a product. That why I waited for the Priest 2 .

Also I want to say that after spending more money and getting it all worked out the cz barrel and the balance of the rifle is amazing and it has taken a lot of animal's but at near twice the sticker price . So if it was between this and spending on something else I would go with something else untill it's another year or two. 

Are you speaking about the Prophet, Priest or both? I would think that a picatinny rail not meeting specifications is a defect in materials or workmanship. Why isn't this covered under warranty? An honorable and well capitalized, solvent company would just replace the parts. It seems like it just attaches with two screws and is a simple of matter to replace it

I am saying watch out when buying any product from RTI . As you can tell it is not the one item that is the issue it is multiple little things that were not checked. I also quoted what Rob the owner of RTI replied with when i emailed him about the rails. You are correct the top rail is screwed on the bottom rail is part of the main body (not removable ).

I agree with you it should have been covered or even offer a new top rail that can just be changed out, but that is not the road they took. 

I am letting people know to be ready to get an unpolished product from them. if you get a completed good product GREAT it will be awesome BUT for that much money I personally expect a lot of checks to make sure everything is correct. I really expect it to be right when you are producing an industry standard part. You can literally down load the drawing in to Solid works for free. That is some thing to think about...how do you get that wrong?

To each their own, for me I will not try another RTI product .

This should be .2066"

I agree never go off of one review about a product. But I also know never buy in the wow phase of a product. That why I waited for the Priest 2 .

Also I want to say that after spending more money and getting it all worked out the cz barrel and the balance of the rifle is amazing and it has taken a lot of animal's but at near twice the sticker price . So if it was between this and spending on something else I would go with something else untill it's another year or two.

Wow I found that too on my gun and no one had mentioned before. I love my Priest2 and I did a "review" but not the typical one, one where I pointed out all my issues with the gun. In the end I've fixed most of those issues and now I'm working on a 16 shot magazine (right and left version) for my .25 I'm in love with this gun.

https://youtu.be/A_2AY_UYha4

1597232110_9781612515f33d3ee341538.01651352.jpg

This should be .2066"

Wow I found that too on my gun and no one had mentioned before. I love my Priest2 and I did a "review" but not the typical one, one where I pointed out all my issues with the gun. In the end I've fixed most of those issues and now I'm working on a 16 shot magazine (right and left version) for my .25 I'm in love with this gun.

Yea once i saw your video i realized i was not an isolated incident, like i was hoping to be. Once you fix the stuff aka: spend more money it is a great gun. Also remember I will test out your .22 Cal mag for you. Yea i am the same stalker from instagram. 

This should be .2066"

Yea once i saw your video i realized i was not an isolated incident, like i was hoping to be. Once you fix the stuff aka: spend more money it is a great gun. Also remember I will test out your .22 Cal mag for you. Yea i am the same stalker from instagram.

Lol on the stalker..... The .22 is on the make

Wow, I have a 25 caliber Prophet, So far so good , Magazine problem but I put and extra round on the mag, did that to the Carm mag also . Works better but not perfect.

Mine is pretty loud compared to my Veteran 25, I have a Donny Tatsu on it but its not back yard friendly , Not tried to adjust any thing on it just shot it 

I did install a hand upper guard doo dad from Orion to help with the sharp metal pressing on your hand.... .

Cal 4292 WHY didnt you just send the gun back to AOA, or if you bought it from some one else why did you not send it back.... 

Ive got about 500 rounds down my Prophet .22 so far Im happy with it. Only gripe is the bluing on the plenum and the air tube above it isnt very good and I had to put Renaissance Wax on it as it feckled. Granted Im in South Texas so its hot out and even in the shade you sweat.

Shot this group Sun at 85yrds. Was using a makeshift shooting bench and a cat litter bag. 

1597330319_866264495f35538fb9e3f2.06176825.jpg

I didnt know that my rails were messed up for some time. I used cheap mounts and only noticed it once my order order for some high end mounts came in that were indeed machined correctly. So the time had passed for the return. 

I should probably start a new thread as i have found another problem. with converting a Priest 2 to the Prophet as advertised. 

That is some great shooting right there Good Job man! What pellet are you using and whats the velocity you are getting.

Ive got about 500 rounds down my Prophet .22 so far Im happy with it. Only gripe is the bluing on the plenum and the air tube above it isnt very good and I had to put Renaissance Wax on it as it feckled. Granted Im in South Texas so its hot out and even in the shade you sweat.

Shot this group Sun at 85yrds. Was using a makeshift shooting bench and a cat litter bag. 

1597330319_866264495f35538fb9e3f2.06176825.jpg

18g JSBs with the reg at 125. Haven't adjusted anything yet. I keep on tryin to set aside a morning or afternoon to fiddle with but been to busy and usually only get an hour tops so I just shot groups.

I had just put the Bushnell Nitro 6-24x50 on it. Optics are good but the Deploy reticle gets a little blurry. I almost went with a duplex and was gonna get an elevation turrent made. In hindsight that might have been the better option. 

Again I have a Prophet, I think its a upgrade from the Priest,, Maybe apples to oranges , But I have kept track of the gun even when it was first released Priest l

ORION's review on the Priest ll was pretty tough, He was one of the main reasons I bought the Prophet ,,, That and the fact I have been watching the Impact from day one and there seems to be hundreds of bad guns, Ok bad is not the correct word, Untuned and rough set up guns, Ok is that better.....

I like to shoot guns not fiddle with O rings and leaks , So far I am happy with my Prophet, Its a simple gun...

Mike

How come it seems that all of the RTI threads have been removed ?

After reading this thread, I went looking to see about other info about the RTI guns, I found nothing in the "search" section.

And I know...that I had a few notes in a couple of threads about both the full sized and the compact. My "muffler" thread about quieting the Compact, my Compact developed a leak, and many gave me ideas., so I know that there WERE a fair amount of threads...or did I just miss all of these somehow.

Anyway, my full sized Prophet Performance and my Compact are working great as of now, no leaks in sight. No problem(s) with the top rail. Haven't attached anything t the lower rail.

Mike