• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet love

OK, I just plopped down my money for the LR Prophet from AoA. Got an Aztec scope, blah blah. I've read everything i can find on the Priest 2 and prophet; watched the videos. I know that there are out in the wild, and the lack of info on them has me worried. You get burred by the sk19 news and videos and recently, all AoA is posting on FB is brocock and daystate.. Did i make a mistake, or is it "every one that has one is too busy shooting them"... How do ya tune these things? is there a 100 yd test for these guns without wind or range issues?, (Not trying to cause a stir, but genuinely looking for education before i get mine :) )

Well...people tend to overthink these things, and chase their tails in a circle...

PCP's in general are all alike with the exception of some refinement on things like triggers, available power adjustments, cocking mechanisms, and form factor. Valve opens (typically by a sprung hammer), releases air, pellet goes zoom down barrel to target..wallah. Beyond that people get worked up on what is the best. Well...if you want the best you'll have to buy 3 or 4 pcp's and then Frankenstein them because no one single manufacturer currently reigns supreme in the best for every single purpose and in every single aspect of how a pcp operates.

Tuning a pcp is generally done by optimizing pressure output of regulator (generally done to meet power needs or obtain specific fps for a certain pellet weight), hammer spring preload/ hammer strike, valve lift limitation, barrel harmonics if free floating or thin barreled, trigger pull adjustments, and slug sizing of barrel or finding the best pellet.

The prophet I believe can do near all the above in terms of tuning.

There is no media stir or 10 page topics because this gun does exactly what a PCP should. It shoots, doesn’t leak, and makes good power. Very boring. Guys chasing every ounce of info on a gun before the brown box even gets to their house is not always a good thing. It puts ideas, some bad, even though everything on the internet is true, in your head. Guys don’t give their gun a chance before they start spinning screws and chasing things. When your gun arrives, clean the barrel and go shoot.

Suspense and anxiousness certainly can cause a stir in ones mind. I personally think you made a fine choice with the RTI Prophet...its a new gun in a small industry (air gunning is not that large of a sport, certainly not our little niche of pcp's) I wouldn't expect the hype behind it to be similar to some others that both pay reviewers or sponsors to build hype and help market their product...

Worse case you should have absolutely no issue reselling this rifle if it wasn't up your alley, and at little to no loss to yourself other than the time spent.

I have the prophet in .22 lr configuration and I am very pleased with it so far. I have been busy shooting when I can , but it is hot as hell right now and no more squirrels to be found. I am trying to decide which pellet works , the jsb redesign 25 gr or 33 gr. People here are correct, this rifle works. Nothing fancy, but great shot count and it is accurate. It pumps the pellets out quite hard. My reg is set at 140 bar and I am not really a tinkerer, AOA test fired it and I’m running with what it is set at. I still prefer my edgun leyla 2.0 for squirrel hunting, but for shooting paper , this prophet is really nice so far. Good luck 

I second the if it aint on here a lot on the forums it's not necessarily a bad thing. I went through this while thinking about buying a Steyr Hunting 5. Truth was it's pretty much bullet proof. It's only downside is lack of power. So I added my inputs on here for others to read. So when you get yours, do let us know all your thoughts. The more we post on our observations help others, especially if the reviews are sparse. 

1593953537_19082110165f01cd017b0d61.87825737.jpg

I picked mine up Friday from Alamo Airguns in .22 with the reg set at 125bar. Spent yesterday afternoon shooting the Propeht and my FWB 124 between grilling and working in the yard. I put about 100 rds thru the Prophet and so far I am happy with it. Only shot jsb 18g and Fx slugs. At 50 yrds I was getting tight groups the JSBs and I was with my cycling the action pretty fast at times. The FX slugs (.217) were a bit more difficult to load and were about half an inch at 50. It's a little loud in stock form so I added a spare LDC and it dropped the noise a lot. Seems like a simple platform to work on should there be any issued and easy to adjust. Ergonomics are very good for me but the buttpad slips a bit on the shoulder. The side lever is nice but not as refined as my Wildcat was. 

Hopefully next week I'll have more time and can sit down and chrono and run thru a variety of pellets and reg settings.
1593969300_21167791985f020a944d5d69.69122738.jpg
1593969300_15447305985f020a94792fb7.86508475.jpg

Anyone know if the Prophet Performance rifle in 25 cal shows it is a CZ barrel where the 22 cal comes in a 24" Lothar Walther barrel . The RTI spec sheet shows this . 

My question is the 25 cal gun going to be a noticeably less accurate than the 22 LW barrel rifle ? 

I have a 25 cal Performance Prophet coming next week and started thinking ?? There has not been a lot of info from RTI on specs . I thought all the Performance rifles were the same except for the caliber ! As they are priced the same until you look at the standard Prophet .

Mike

Went shooting this morning. Was already 85 at 9:00Am here in SA. Shot the Prophet at 75m and still havent adjusted anything but only really liked the JSB 18gs of the pellets I tried.

Shooting a bullpup from the bag is still weird and I should get an adjustable front rest and a bag rider. When I shot my R-10 after the Prophet the R-10 feels much more natural and easy to hold on target. I used my Vortex 4-12 Crossfire SFP that I had on my PBBA .401.bc it was the only picatiny mounts I had. So not the best target scope. Had stopped by Academy but they were sold out of mounts. Next week I'll get a better scope mounted for bench shooting. Was shooting to the west and had a slight crosswind from the S wind.

Tried a couple .22 217 Griffin slugs and it scattered them all over. You can see some of the flyers in the pics. They werent even within 4" of the aim point at times. The FX slugs opened up a bit but still grouped. Tried the JSB .25g redesigns but it didnt like them at 125bar reg setting. Very happy with the gun so far though.

1594575124_6301065475f0b4914e916e1.98419387.jpg
1594575125_9597303155f0b491568d156.91389946.jpg