• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet III

Today I met the RTI team for a quick upgrade of my trusted Prophet 1. While i was there, i had the opportunity to examine the P-3 and the Mora. I can't talk about the Mora, but I'm free to share what I saw about the P-3. I'm not a reviewer or a YTer or an airgun affiliate. I'm just a normal guy with a lot of questions, so keep in mind that.
First thing that catches the eye is the adjustable cheek riser
View attachment 343715
and the hammer spring wheel.
View attachment 343717

I installed the cheek riser on my Prophet 1 also, but it is not plug'n play.

View attachment 343719
Cheek riser is quite sturdy, doesn't flex and can be adjusted up and down with a 2mm Allen key.
About the wheel, it works great, with small steps and strong, audible "click". Ccw to increase the tension, cw to decrease it.
I also had the permission to strip off the gun and look inside.

View attachment 343720

And yes, they worked a lot to improve the (in)famous Prophet 2. New valve (always a balanced one, of course) new valve pin, new valve seat, all stainless steel.

View attachment 343721

All that will be compatible with the Prophet 2, so good news for the owners that had issues. There is also a not so visible OR that will help contain those small guts of air while shooting (easy to feel them from trigger's setting holes and hammer channel).
Talking about hammer, they completely changed the cocking forces distribution.

View attachment 343722

Now the spring works way better and easier, not a mind blowing upgrade but solid improvement.
The following upgrade is a real relief: finally they got rid of the "tweezyyyy" noise that came out from the one-way valve inside the transfer tube. Now there is a small stainless steel ball that works completely silent.
Last, but not least, they installed an adjustable optic rail (vertical only) from 6 to 150 MOA.

View attachment 343723

They also designed a new trigger linkage with 3 pre-cut locking position. That will help to set our first stage travel easier and quicker.
Honestly i will buy it as soon as possible. I have to put some cash on my home, and that's the only reason i didn't buy it today.

P.S.
Big shout out to our Gregor for the review

Excellent news, thanks for this.

Now the dilemma, upgrade as much as my p2 as possible or try and sell my last kidney to fund a p3.😉.

Easier for us over in the US. Didn't know you were Europe. I like that RTI is keeping their guns universal for future upgrades.
Definitely in Europe, Bulgaria.

I'm a RTI convert. Got enough spare barrels, shrouds, regs etc to probably build my own version.
All I would need is a latest breech block/ receiver.😉
My head hurts 🤕🤣

When the P2 came out, I just looked around for an original Prophet Performance and got it at a good price.
I didn't want to be the guinea pig to work the bugs out of a new and improved design. That worked well for me.
The P3 looks interesting. In a year or two, after you guys have beta tested it, maybe I will get one. Until then, my Prophet Performance is still working flawlessly.

I did got to RTIarms.shop and they are taking pre orders for the P3 already. and what I have read and from Gregors video. It looks like a lot of really good upgrades, so I will be watching.

And the P-3 on the left side makes it look like it should be on the deck of a WW II aircraft carrier waiting to take off! ;)

Reactions: SupremaRatio
When the P2 came out, I just looked around for an original Prophet Performance and got it at a good price.
I didn't want to be the guinea pig to work the bugs out of a new and improved design. That worked well for me.
The P3 looks interesting. In a year or two, after you guys have beta tested it, maybe I will get one. Until then, my Prophet Performance is still working flawlessly.

I did got to RTIarms.shop and they are taking pre orders for the P3 already. and what I have read and from Gregors video. It looks like a lot of really good upgrades, so I will be watching.

And the P-3 on the left side makes it look like it should be on the deck of a WW II aircraft carrier waiting to take off! ;)
I'm a bizarre way I'm sort of pleased I have the P2, I've learnt so much. 🙂

I never actually bought it myself, it was a gift from the mother in law and the wife for my 65th. It was cursed but that's not RTIs fault.
It has me constantly keeping secrets from the women, a defective present, something to tinker with in secret. Thank you P2.

Never have I stripped a PCP so much I know every step backwards.

To summarize my Prophet 1, along with the air arms, Daystate etc stopped my curiosity. Even perhaps made me lazy. The P2 corrected this.

Life, the women and hobbies.

Stay sane guys, 😉

I'm a bizarre way I'm sort of pleased I have the P2, I've learnt so much. 🙂

I never actually bought it myself, it was a gift from the mother in law and the wife for my 65th. It was cursed but that's not RTIs fault.
It has me constantly keeping secrets from the women, a defective present, something to tinker with in secret. Thank you P2.

Never have I stripped a PCP so much I know every step backwards.

To summarize my Prophet 1, along with the air arms, Daystate etc stopped my curiosity. Even perhaps made me lazy. The P2 corrected this.

Life, the women and hobbies.

Stay sane guys, 😉
I do get that. The P1 is almost boringly reliable, but it was my first higher end PCP and I wanted something proven. So far, no regrets.

As for tinkering. I prefer to tinker by choice even if I might break something in the process, not to tinker with something broken and maybe fix it in the process.

Reactions: Spinach
I actually don't care if it looks fat and bulky as long it shoots groups that are tight.
Pretty guns are fine, but a gun that puts the shot where I intend it to go every time is worth a lot more to me.

Time will tell if this new P-3 is a win or not. If it turns out to be reliable, accurate, and an improvement over my P1,I will get one. I would like a second one in .25 anyway.

I actually don't care if it looks fat and bulky as long it shoots groups that are tight.
Pretty guns are fine, but a gun that puts the shot where I intend it to go every time is worth a lot more to me.

Time will tell if this new P-3 is a win or not. If it turns out to be reliable, accurate, and an improvement over my P1,I will get one. I would like a second one in .25 anyway.
Agree

Reactions: robbos
Apparently seen at some show. Not yet on the RTI website. It seems they may have dropped the troublesome (P2) balanced valve and gone for a more conventional one.
View attachment 336986
They did not drop the valve. It works great. Just made some changes to the valve seat and valve nut, so it doesn't come loose.