RTI Prophet II standard valve 'upgrade'.

After a few months of struggling with the P2 with poor velocity spread and leaks I decided to have a go at fitting a standard type valve. The new valve is turned for PEEK with hardened 3mm steel rod. Other changes to make it work - Balance tube part drilled out to 6mm, O ring removed and 1mm hole at the back. New valve is shorter so spacer added behind spring. Hammer requires a lot more force so there is a weight/spacer inside the hammer to shorten spring. I still think the hammer needs more weight so have asked RTI for a P1 hammer. Have had 200 slugs through it so far mostly over the chrony for tuning. Its maxed out at about 56Ftlbs but I think a heavier hammer will sort that. Dosent seem to use more air than before. Cocking much harder of course and it was never like butter anyway. Graph using 27gn H&N slugs.

new valve.jpg

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

new valve speed.jpg

Reactions: Jasonmc
Somehow this is strange. The thing looks to be a professional job (i would call it downgrade sorry). Most of people are doing great with the assisted valve for me it wors also perfectly i was doing with that 0.6 MOA groups. So im just shocked how a such a good engineer was not able to fix the issue (let it be any kind) with the assisted valve but rather downgrade it to a normal unbalanced valve. o_O