RTI Prophet: Extended Scope Rail?

RTI Prophet — Extended Scope Rail?

I feel the RTI Prophet scope rail is pretty short....
Because I'd like to mount the scope farther back (yupp, I'm already researching cantilever mounts).

And it's too short for me because I'd like to attach other accessories on it: maybe a laser, maybe a contraption to attach a sling, maybe a flashlight (nope, the kitchen sink is already attached to the counter, my wife insisted that it stays there).

🔸 What options have you found to extend the rail?

🔸 How much would it cost if I asked someone to make me a longer replacement rail?

Thanks! 😊

Matthias

BB265D44-71A8-4CEF-A580-2940F3DFEB75.jpeg

This is a Monstrum mount, around $40 from the great Amazon. Maybe taller than you want, but works well enough for me.

Reactions: SupremaRatio
I saw someone suggest mounting both rings in front of the scope turrets. Unorthodox no doubt, but works for him, and he is a serious manufacturer and competitor.

Cool idea, Scotty, thanks for sharing — that would do away with buying cantilever mounts.... 👍🏼

Still need a longer rail for all the junk I want to attach..... 😄

Matthias

Thanks, Scotty.

Actually, I find the RTI rail too high, so yeah, I have been collecting specs on extremely low mounts....

I am not trying to have a higher rail —
I'm trying to have a longer rail.... 😉

Matthias
I would also like a little more length on the rear of the rail. Maybe just two more slots to move the scope a little closer to my eye.
I don't need anything forward. I am not planning on mounting any lights or lasers so I am fine there.

I do also agree that there is no need for the scope to be sitting any higher that it is now.

Right now I have the rail turn around.
Meaning, the very nice feature of a 20moa cant is working against me.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

I recover the moa with Burris XTR Signature rings....
A 0-moa rail would be better for this particular situation.... 😄

But I'm working on other solutions.... Still collecting data (cantilevers, rail extensions, etc.).

Matthias

This is not my Prophet but I wanted to show you anything can be done to a rail with a milling machine. I extended the K1 rail reward to accommodate the holosun and magnifier. As you can see, it's at the same height as the stock rail. Just bought another pic rail and married the two with no welding. Works even better than I thought it would. This was a complete shot in the dark but it turned into a home run.
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1140.JPG
IMG_1141.JPG
IMG_1142.JPG

Reactions: douger
Mr Metals, 😊

that is a bold idea... — I should ask around my engineer friends if anyone knows of a trustworthy metal shop that would take a standard picatinny rail and adapt it to my Prophet, using the OEM rail as guide.

In fact, I like that idea so much that I will order a picatinny rail today. It's a long shot, probably December before it will be installed on my gun, but it would solve several of my rail problems with one stroke.

Thanks!

Matthias

This is not my Prophet but I wanted to show you anything can be done to a rail with a milling machine. I extended the K1 rail reward to accommodate the holosun and magnifier. As you can see, it's at the same height as the stock rail. Just bought another pic rail and married the two with no welding. Works even better than I thought it would. This was a complete shot in the dark but it turned into a home run.View attachment 299654View attachment 299657View attachment 299656View attachment 299655
Hello all, A comparison picture

RTI Prophet — Extended Scope Rail?

I feel the RTI Prophet scope rail is pretty short....
Because I'd like to mount the scope farther back (yupp, I'm already researching cantilever mounts).

And it's too short for me because I'd like to attach other accessories on it: maybe a laser, maybe a contraption to attach a sling, maybe a flashlight (nope, the kitchen sink is already attached to the counter, my wife insisted that it stays there).

🔸 What options have you found to extend the rail?

🔸 How much would it cost if I asked someone to make me a longer replacement rail?

Thanks! 😊

Matthias
If still still collecting mounts ck
At Edgun West /Scalarworks Leap 09 scope mount $$$$$

Why couldn’t you just remove the factory rail and remount it 180 degrees of the original mounting.

Yes! I did! And that's how I have it for now — while I'm searching for a better solution....

One issue is that the OEM rail has a 20 moa cant built in — and those 20 moa now work against me...., i.e., instead of gaining 20 moa elevation adjustment in my scope — I'm loosing 20 moa — because of the rail.... 😄

🔸 A long picatinny rail with several sets of holes in it (for different positions on the rail stems) will eventually the OEM rail....

Matthias

Yes! I did! And that's how I have it for now — while I'm searching for a better solution....

One issue is that the OEM rail has a 20 moa cant built in — and those 20 moa now work against me...., i.e., instead of gaining 20 moa elevation adjustment in my scope — I'm loosing 20 moa — because of the rail.... 😄

🔸 A long picatinny rail with several sets of holes in it (for different positions on the rail stems) will eventually the OEM rail....

Matthias
If you have a set of calipers measure the height at each place where it attaches. Then you can shim it to make up the difference until you get a new rail made if it's an issue.

Reactions: JungleShooter