RTI Prophet Custom / Aftermarket upgrades?? Show us your supped-up RTI Prophet?

8F953C58-A544-47DC-8972-57B690B9E6FE.jpeg

Reactions: pistolita
Mrshosted the bottle in the picture is touching the barrel I have seen this before that has to effect accuracy. RTI needs to address this in the future
The bottle is touching the barrel because of flex from the bipod being attached to the bottle. That is why a longer lower rail is needed instead of only a short picatinny under the trigger guard..
I never liked the idea of using the bottle as a mounting point.

Mrshosted the bottle in the picture is touching the barrel I have seen this before that has to effect accuracy. RTI needs to address this in the future
I have had the same issue with the bottle touching the barrel without a bipod and bottle clamp. Just using a shooting bag as a rest my bottle would touch the barrel. This is an issue that RTI needs to address immediately. When shooting off of objects the same thing happens. A full length arca-swiss rail would be beneficial. K&L please make this!

I have had the same issue with the bottle touching the barrel without a bipod and bottle clamp. Just using a shooting bag as a rest my bottle would touch the barrel. This is an issue that RTI needs to address immediately. When shooting off of objects the same thing happens. A full length arca-swiss rail would be beneficial. K&L please make this!
While we wait for K&L to come out with a $175 -$200 rail, you could do this as a temporary solution…

$37 Picatinny to Arca adapter from Amazon (this is the best one for the Prophet- I’ve tried multiple):
SHINEWEE Picatinny Arca Swiss Plate, Picatinny Rail Converted into Arca RRS Dovetail Adapter,Picatinny Rail to Arca Tripod Mount Adapter https://a.co/d/gwFBfx1

$40 AliExpress ($3 coupon and free shipping) super stiff 400mm double arca photography rail with double clamp:

US $12.85 25% Off | BEXIN Telephoto lens support plate camera lens bracket dslr quick release plate with qr clamp for arca swiss tripod dslr camera

1673453457552.jpeg

1673453563220.png

This arca is super stiff as it is designed for hold multiple DSLR cameras with heavy lenses. My Prophet shows the 400mm - which extends slightly past the bottle. You can likely use the 300mm and still get the job done.

The double clamp is screwed together. You can separate them and screw the rail to the bottom of a single clamp - if you insist on having the rail closer to the bottle.

$77 “temporary“ solution that allows great flexibility as to where you position the tripod. You may find the ShineWee PR-60 adapter for cheaper than $37 on AliExpress (vs. Amazon).

8430CC76-965C-4471-A38C-C643236373CE.jpeg

I took the bottle clamp off. After that experience, I’d sure consider anything else before buying one of those.
Now, I’m using the Huma rail. Once again not perfect and far from it. But I’m making it work.
I’d love to see Kraford&Lyph start building a lower rail. So we’ll have to wait and see what happens.
If you get the Huma rail, it will require you to clock your gauges 15 minutes to clear the rail. To allow you to fill the gun. Now, I know Huma says different. I’m here to say some guns will not require clocking. But the three I’ve been around did. The hole in the rail is just to small for the fill chuck to fit. Even if you use a narrow chuck.

Only two things that I think RTI should do to address this.

#1. Stress heavily in their one page manual that the bottle IS NOT a mounting bracket.
#2. Offer a full length rail that does not resemble the high dive at the YMCA. Their rail really looks springy.

I would like to see K&L jump on this. I really like their products.

Only two things that I think RTI should do to address this.

#1. Stress heavily in their one page manual that the bottle IS NOT a mounting bracket.
#2. Offer a full length rail that does not resemble the high dive at the YMCA. Their rail really looks springy.

I would like to see K&L jump on this. I really like their products.
One small additional note to #2 above -
To both provide some cylinder protection and to stiffen the Picatinny rail, these need to be made, by someone for "various" rifles. And yeah...sure, the rail needs to be longer !

1673488504496.png

Mike

While we wait for K&L to come out with a $175 -$200 rail, you could do this as a temporary solution…

$37 Picatinny to Arca adapter from Amazon (this is the best one for the Prophet- I’ve tried multiple):
SHINEWEE Picatinny Arca Swiss Plate, Picatinny Rail Converted into Arca RRS Dovetail Adapter,Picatinny Rail to Arca Tripod Mount Adapter https://a.co/d/gwFBfx1

$40 AliExpress ($3 coupon and free shipping) super stiff 400mm double arca photography rail with double clamp:

US $12.85 25% Off | BEXIN Telephoto lens support plate camera lens bracket dslr quick release plate with qr clamp for arca swiss tripod dslr camera

View attachment 322164

View attachment 322165

This arca is super stiff as it is designed for hold multiple DSLR cameras with heavy lenses. My Prophet shows the 400mm - which extends slightly past the bottle. You can likely use the 300mm and still get the job done.

The double clamp is screwed together. You can separate them and screw the rail to the bottom of a single clamp - if you insist on having the rail closer to the bottle.

$77 “temporary“ solution that allows great flexibility as to where you position the tripod. You may find the ShineWee PR-60 adapter for cheaper than $37 on AliExpress (vs. Amazon).
I keep finding myself coming back to this. It sure looks like a great solution other than it hanging down so far, but if, as you say, the adapter can be split, that would likely solve that too.
I have some shorter Arca rails, so I wouldn't be out much giving it a try.

I keep finding myself coming back to this. It sure looks like a great solution other than it hanging down so far, but if, as you say, the adapter can be split, that would likely solve that too.
I have some shorter Arca rails, so I wouldn't be out much giving it a try.
Agree, I was thinking about using a carbon fiber tube set ups using scope rings to attach but this looks more refined, particularly if you can split that adapter.