• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet Compact+

Well that's what I'm calling it. I've enjoyed getting to use my Prophet Compact close to a month now. I've put over 2 tins of pellets through it already which is more than I've done in most my guns have seen throughout ownership. There is the fact alot haven't lasted more than a month or 2 though lol. Anyways I find this gun to, I believe, be THE gun for me. 

What's nice also is the barrel system, while interchangeable, is quite rigid and have seen zero issues with POI changes on it. And with the Compact guns I can use a 500mm barrel and still keep this shroud setup. My plan was I wanted something where I can use the gun for higher power for slugs in either .177 or .22. I however wanted more air volume as 220cc shooting higher energy isn't very much for shot count.

So I wanted to look for something where I can add a decent amount of volume yet small enough I can have a moderator on top of it without hitting the bottle. Wanting to keep this gun as short as possible. Had a thread asking about a bottle in the 54mm OD range and larger than 220cc. Member TMH had a 370cc bottle that OD and with length measurements knew it was exactly what I wanted. 

Here it is with a 0DB 110c moderator.

IMG_20220426_063535127_HDR.1650995372.jpg

Comes in at a length of 30". I plan on picking up one of RTIs new barrels in 500mm length. The RPB .22s designed for use with slugs. I think I can have a real little fire breather with some light weight slugs. It might be 2-3 months though before the barrels come in for the Compacts. So for now will be using it for awhile in the spring as it's very windy. My gun seems to really like the RDMs as is and does very well with the 21gr H&N slugs resized to .216. With the 16" barrel and normally choked barrel I have pushed them to 940fps. There's more that can be had but don't need that much. Likely will tune in the 880s if the shoot well there. They've done well at 750fps.

Once the spring winds die down I'll likely make it into a compact again with the small bottle and ditch the LDC. What's nice is I made the switch in about 5 min this morning. Didn't need any wrench or anything to remove from reg. Came off easily and with the degas screw it's very simple to swap.

Well that's what I'm calling it. I've enjoyed getting to use my Prophet Compact close to a month now. I've put over 2 tins of pellets through it already which is more than I've done in most my guns have seen throughout ownership. There is the fact alot haven't lasted more than a month or 2 though lol. Anyways I find this gun to, I believe, be THE gun for me. 

What's nice also is the barrel system, while interchangeable, is quite rigid and have seen zero issues with POI changes on it. And with the Compact guns I can use a 500mm barrel and still keep this shroud setup. My plan was I wanted something where I can use the gun for higher power for slugs in either .177 or .22. I however wanted more air volume as 220cc shooting higher energy isn't very much for shot count.

So I wanted to look for something where I can add a decent amount of volume yet small enough I can have a moderator on top of it without hitting the bottle. Wanting to keep this gun as short as possible. Had a thread asking about a bottle in the 54mm OD range and larger than 220cc. Member TMH had a 370cc bottle that OD and with length measurements knew it was exactly what I wanted. 

Comes in at a length of 30". I plan on picking up one of RTIs new barrels in 500mm length. The RPB .22s designed for use with slugs. I think I can have a real little fire breather with some light weight slugs. It might be 2-3 months though before the barrels come in for the Compacts. So for now will be using it for awhile in the spring as it's very windy. My gun seems to really like the RDMs as is and does very well with the 21gr H&N slugs resized to .216. With the 16" barrel and normally choked barrel I have pushed them to 940fps. There's more that can be had but don't need that much. Likely will tune in the 880s if the shoot well there. They've done well at 750fps.

Once the spring winds die down I'll likely make it into a compact again with the small bottle and ditch the LDC. What's nice is I made the switch in about 5 min this morning. Didn't need any wrench or anything to remove from reg. Came off easily and with the degas screw it's very simple to swap.

Looks awesome Dillon, you have done pretty much what I have been planning. Slightly bigger bottle and using the 500 long barrel to keep the length short. Whats the RPB stand for?

@TMH thanks Tom! And thanks again for the bottle! Yes for me personally I have found owning one airgun just works better for me. And being able to customize for different tasks is a big plus!

@airdog thanks! Yeah it's working nice. Now I could have went the route of going with a longer shroud from the standard prophet and put a bunch of baffles in it and then added the 500cc bottle but I like the slim feel of this size. The RPB stands for RTI Proprietary barrel. They are in fact a LW barrel though made to there specs.

@harrymoreland yeah they are indeed a LW barrel but made to there specs. I think similar to Eds barrels from Edgun. He runs 1:16" twist in his barrels and usually the choke is light too.

@Ranchibi thanks Randall! Yup it really fits my needs. And yeah looking forward to trying the new barrels when available. 

@airgunmike56 thanks! Yeah great guns. Yeah i went for the old model at the reduced price. I think the new ones look great but not enough to upgrade. The new barrels though interest me so I'd like to try one.

Looks awesome Dillon, you have done pretty much what I have been planning. Slightly bigger bottle and using the 500 long barrel to keep the length short. Whats the RPB stand for?

What tripod is that? I need one.

Dylan what did you think about the gain of the extra plenum o had told you about putting on the compact 

I added the plenum extension on mine. I didn't see much change in fps over stock but looks cooler and that in itself makes the gun more accurate 😉 The 177 slugs are no joke and a great pesting option. I did a little test this past weekend. All cans shot from my Priest 2. Cans all standing upright filled with water at 50yrds. I put the cans side by side you one could see the difference in expansion. Best expansion was from the Terminador Slugs from my bud at Terminador Airguns 13gr at 940fps, second was the 13gr JSB slugs at 920fps and last 8s the Daystate Howlers 12gr at 940 fps. I did the multiple time with the same results.
20220424_152824.1651158216.jpg

I added the plenum extension on mine. I didn't see much change in fps over stock but looks cooler and that in itself makes the gun more accurate 😉 The 177 slugs are no joke and a great pesting option. I did a little test this past weekend. All cans shot from my Priest 2. Cans all standing upright filled with water at 50yrds. I put the cans side by side you one could see the difference in expansion. Best expansion was from the Terminador Slugs from my bud at Terminador Airguns 13gr at 940fps, second was the 13gr JSB slugs at 920fps and last 8s the Daystate Howlers 12gr at 940 fps. I did the multiple time with the same results.
20220424_152824.1651158216.jpg

Almost forgot! DISCLAIMER : NO BEER WAS WASTED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS TEST!!! 

Looks great Dillon.

Love how today's airguns can be so easily customized, to get exactly what is important to you without significantly changing form factor.

I like keeping my short guns short too, but really appreciate more shots per fill (especially with a .25 cal).

View attachment 205013
TMH,

I just picked up a .25 maverick sniper. I want to pick up the 500mm barrel kit but want to run the 580cc bottle the sniper comes with. Do you think a 0db 110c being slightly larger in diameter than a tanto (i assume thats what you have on yours) would clear the bottle? Thanks

I added the plenum extension on mine. I didn't see much change in fps over stock but looks cooler and that in itself makes the gun more accurate 😉 The 177 slugs are no joke and a great pesting option. I did a little test this past weekend. All cans shot from my Priest 2. Cans all standing upright filled with water at 50yrds. I put the cans side by side you one could see the difference in expansion. Best expansion was from the Terminador Slugs from my bud at Terminador Airguns 13gr at 940fps, second was the 13gr JSB slugs at 920fps and last 8s the Daystate Howlers 12gr at 940 fps. I did the multiple time with the same results.View attachment 205376
Can i ask what transfer port restrictor you use for 177? 3mm 3.5 or 4 And what barrel cz or lw thanks