RTI Prophet Cheek rest

HI Ed,

There are a couple of 3D printed cheek rests available. I gave this one a try but was unimpressed. If it looks like what you need, they can be had on Ebay, but watch out. This is a $15 part at best That is about what I paid, but there are sellers asking much more for this cheap piece of plastic.
s-l1600.jpg

I am working on one right now that should be a lot better. Waiting on a couple items to complete it and will post it on this board if it all works out as planned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed24
HI Ed,

There are a couple of 3D printed cheek rests available. I gave this one a try but was unimpressed. If it looks like what you need, they can be had on Ebay, but watch out. This is a $15 part at best That is about what I paid, but there are sellers asking much more for this cheap piece of plastic.
View attachment 326486

I am working on one right now that should be a lot better. Waiting on a couple items to complete it and will post it on this board if it all works out as planned.
I would suggest that you put a bevel on the side that matches and continues the OEM bevel. I have one as you pictured above and it was very difficult to get a PatchWorm to start without hanging up on the barrel’s transfer port. I ground a bevel on mine and it made it a LOT easier to clean.

Reactions: Ed24 and jmohme
Scotty,
Like the CF bag rider! What did you put on the inside to bolt it up?
I believe I glued a 1/2” pvc coupling inside the tube to provide a stop for a washer/nut. I also added a washer on the back side, so that it isn’t tightening against the carbon fiber tube only. Super easy to make, and works very well. Capped the end with a plug from Lowes.Let me know if you want pics. Gorilla glue is your sticky buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed24 and douger
Maybe I have a long neck or something, I don’t rest back by the mag. My rest point is just forward of the receiver, on the tube. The position of those rests pictured appear to be way too close to the buttpad for me.

Dave
At 5’6”, I’m pretty stumpy, throw in neck plates and screws etc…there will be zero craning of neck available.

I believe I glued a 1/2” pvc coupling inside the tube to provide a stop for a washer/nut. I also added a washer on the back side, so that it isn’t tightening against the carbon fiber tube only. Super easy to make, and works very well. Capped the end with a plug from Lowes.Let me know if you want pics. Gorilla glue is your sticky buddie!

If you don't mind post some pics I'd appreciate it. I have a CF tube to extend out the bipod and would like to add this as well! Thx