rti prophet bottle rotation ( to position gauges ) -- o-ring spacer

Those of you who own one and have slapped a spacer in between the bottle and block ( when re-positioning the gauges ) -- what size o-ring did you use?

I'm still not back to work yet post surgery last month and drive right by a lowes on my way to PT which is where I'll be headed shortly. I figured I'd pop in and grab a few if I get any responses back from ya'll and if you happen to remember what size you grabbed.

Thanks guys . . .

I used one of the o-rings in the Harbor Freight variety pack. It's not a place where you need to be picky, no sealing.

Pretty sure it was one of the sizes circled in red.

20211227_060517.1640614291.jpg

The oring were talking about is not sealing and only gives you something to tighten the reg against when positioning / clocking / aligning the gages and fill port.

SORRY BUT IT A SEALING O RING LOOSEN IT UP ENOUGHT IT WILL LEAK LOOK AT THE PARTS DIAGRAM I HAD A LEAK THERE BEFORE TRYING TO MOVE GAUGE TO POSITION UNDER PRESURE IT KINKED THAT O RING AT MADE A LEAK. SO ITS UNDER PRESURE 

Future RTI customer here… forgive the ignorance here, maybe this was tackled before, but why are the RTI Prophet gauges 90degrees of the fill port?! Wouldn’t it make sense to have them on opposite sides? Problem would be solved, no?

I think the side lever would either block the view of the gauges or block the access of the fill port if they were 180 from each other. I kinda like how they are situated, I do have them angled up slightly and it does make looking at the pressure gauges easier. 

Future RTI customer here… forgive the ignorance here, maybe this was tackled before, but why are the RTI Prophet gauges 90degrees of the fill port?! Wouldn’t it make sense to have them on opposite sides? Problem would be solved, no?

One reason...it's one less step in the design and machining, and quality process to machine (drill, counter bore, tap) two locations on the same plane, than 180 degrees apart for two different locations.

Mike

RTI said you could snug the reg, then back out up to 3/4 turn to time the gauges. I like the idea of the nylon spacers over an o-ring. The size that works is a 30mm OD and a 20mmID. You just need to have a few thicknesses on hand or use one made of rubber. You can measure the thickness you need with feeler gauges.
Thank You for the info...

I degassed mine, rotated the bottle counterclockwise 45 degrees so that the gauges are more easily seen and so the fill port could be accessed easily while resting on the bipod.
Once rotated, I filled the gun and everything has been good from there on.View attachment 293589
I. Did some thing very similar so I could us the Huma lower mount with any fill cord.

7B280F9F-E5C4-45F9-A6CC-9DAF2F056AAD.jpeg