RTI Prophet Accuracy!

Here's where I got my extra barrels: https://airgunheaven.com/en/airgun-rifles?f[0]=field_merk:2671I bought using Paypal (they add the 4% fee PP charges) You add everything to your cart and check out and they they send you a PP invoice. I have gotten 2 barrels and a rifle. I didn't see the .177 on the barrel list and emailed them and they had the 20" in stock. I've made 4 purchases from then and all have been good!

Reactions: Ed24
Speaking of fast shipping from RTIarms.shop... Wed. Nov. 30 I placed an order for everything needed to fully clothe the "Naked" Prophet II.
They had everything available and it is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday the 6th. Maybe start with the Butt plate & hammer spring and move forward.

20221116_094133.jpg

Reactions: Ed24
Speaking of fast shipping from RTIarms.shop... Wed. Nov. 30 I placed an order for everything needed to fully clothe the "Naked" Prophet II.
They had everything available and it is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday the 6th. Maybe start with the Butt plate & hammer spring and move forward.

View attachment 310952
Hey Martin, did you get the new barrel as well? They have had my $$ for a few months, no word on my barrel.

Hey Martin, did you get the new barrel as well? They have had my $$ for a few months, no word on my barrel.
Oh gosh! Hope I didn't break in line. One of the items ordered is a .22 16" CZ barrel kit and I did not receive any indication that anything was backordered. I will keep my fingers crossed. Sorry about your delay.

Impressive shipping. From the EU to small town GA. in 6 days. Everything needed was packaged securely and arrived safely. Thank you RTI. It should not take long for the assembly. Bottle and Reg. went on in a few minutes. Barrel, shroud, rear plate, probe, scope rail, etc. are next. Fingers crossed it holds pressure without issue.

20221206_144159.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my two plenums and it took seven days to get to Texas,
I would like to know the total cost of your project, But you will be a Prophet expert.
Mike -

Do you have, or have you owned the original Prophet Performance (full length or Compact) ?
Curious about the..."in the hand" difference between the original and the Prophet II.
I understand about the barrel differences (.22), just wondering about the adjustability differences, or any other differences that you found.

Thanks

Mike

Reactions: jmohme
In hand, My compact II handles very good and light , If your talking about tuning , I got the one and the two tuned just about the same, 130 on the reg, and three turns in on hammer spring , I am not sure about the hammer springs I have not compared them. I got the 700 cc bottle on the Prophet I , So it feels like a big heavy gun compared to my compact. If that didn't answer your question feel free ask away. If I was to buy again I would buy the compact I and just save the 500 dollars over the compact II. I see no advantage over the Prophet II over the Prophet I . Now I have not done a lot of tuning or adjusting to the Prophet II , I have on the Prophet I.
Mike

In hand, My compact II handles very good and light , If your talking about tuning , I got the one and the two tuned just about the same, 130 on the reg, and three turns in on hammer spring , I am not sure about the hammer springs I have not compared them. I got the 700 cc bottle on the Prophet I , So it feels like a big heavy gun compared to my compact. If that didn't answer your question feel free ask away. If I was to buy again I would buy the compact I and just save the 500 dollars over the compact II. I see no advantage over the Prophet II over the Prophet I . Now I have not done a lot of tuning or adjusting to the Prophet II , I have on the Prophet I.
Mike

I thought the new valve was to make more power with lower reg pressures? What do you think about the new valve performance? Thx!

I think your going to have to ask someone with a little more brain power, My PP I Long and my PP II Compact Have the regulators set at 130, Hammer springs set as close as can be The compact PP II is shooting a 18 gr 22 pellet at 980 FPS and the PP I long is shooting a 34 gr 25 pellet at 890 FPS,,
I do think the new valve was built and made to perform with the hogged out RPB barrel, and with the regular CZ barrels in the guns the new hopped up Valve is kind of plugged up. This may be all Bull shi-t of facts but I cant tune my PP II Compact to below 100 bar and get 880 FPS with 18 gr pellets .
Mike

I think your going to have to ask someone with a little more brain power, My PP I Long and my PP II Compact Have the regulators set at 130, Hammer springs set as close as can be The compact PP II is shooting a 18 gr 22 pellet at 980 FPS and the PP I long is shooting a 34 gr 25 pellet at 890 FPS,,
I do think the new valve was built and made to perform with the hogged out RPB barrel, and with the regular CZ barrels in the guns the new hopped up Valve is kind of plugged up. This may be all Bull shi-t of facts but I cant tune my PP II Compact to below 100 bar and get 880 FPS with 18 gr pellets .
Mike
I have a similar issue with my PP1 compact.. it was originally a 25 and I have a 510mm 177 barrel I swap in... My reg will not go below 100b. Which still shoots 10gr pellets hot. the hammer spring adjustment screw has 2 threads sticking out the butt plate. I removed the aluminum spacer in the hammer and now at 100b I have a good range of adjustment in the 177.. I was able to get 880fps, it really tightened up the groups, uses less air and sounds much better.. When I swap in the 25 barrel I reinstall the spacer and up the reg..

I have a PP 1 that I had to modify the heavy hammer spring a bit to use for all calibers. The light or regular spring was turned down all the way to the bottom to barely get 810 fps with 18gr pellets at 180 bar on the .22 lr barrel. I could not even get the heavy spring flush to use even with a .30 caliber barrel in it and it was a bear to cock. I noticed that the heavy spring was longer than the regular spring so I cut it back to the same length and now it works great for all calibers.