Tuning RTI Prophet .30 tuning

I’m new to pcp just bought a prophet 30 cal I don’t have a chrono but best I can do is tune to good groups I’ve found mine loves the fx 50gr I’m sitting at about 150 bar I bought mine from tony at talon tunes and literally a few days after the reg went to crap I suggest going to Hajimoto productions get the ninja flex reg it’s awesome but gauges are in psi not bar I’m actually going turkey hunting possibly a pig as well in the morning so we will see I really need a chrono soon though 

I have not tuned my .30 but my reg is holding well after about 50 shots and a fill.. Plan on chrony and pellet testing very soon. The stock tune is identical to the Priest, according to Gregor’s video. Check out his tuning and reg adj video in case you have not seen it. Some good tips in there. Also, search around for regulator break in. As i recall some need to settle and/or break in, but i could be wrong. O’doyle or others might chime in about regulator break in. 

https://youtu.be/UdKx4-59VVU

9AA02D74-991F-4EF4-AE4A-5DB39626BC19.1618167428.jpeg
.30 Prophet on a tripod ( wife was using my bag rests, happy wife happy life amirite?) so not the most stable for bench shooting.

Daystate Emp lite pellets, stock tune, unsorted. 100 yds, 60 shots. Athlon Argos 2nd gen 40x scope. Donny FL Ronin ( zero clipping )

One thing I noticed was about 5 times out of 60 shots the magazine did not advance. Not sure if its the mag or the skirt is a little too long. At any rate, solid grouping considering all the coffee I drank this am. Definitely need to bag rest for a true show of performance. 
Next range visit I will use bag rest and a few different pellet types. Wife needed the chrony to tune her mrod, so I only chrony’d the first 2 mags. Sorry guys. Next range visit will be more complete. 

Shot count: 14
Low: 907
Hi: 919
Avg: 914
Spread: 12
STD Dev: 3.5

To qualify further, indoor range, so zero windage, also trigger needs adjustment, 1st stage is awkwardly long feeling IMO but 2nd is breaking glass. 

also anxious to remove the bottle and tether with a regman to eliminate regulator issues...

so much gun so little time. 

pellets on hand to try are JSB’s in 44 and 50, Daystate in 50, FX in both 44 and 60 and Edguns in 44. 

more to report after the weekend!!!

.Good thing for the AGN search function on AGN. (More people need to use it before asking 😉) I was curious about the FPE of a 30 cal Prophet.

The Compact has the 30 cal barrel option.

RTI has no info on the 30 cal option in either configuration, standard or compact. 🧐 😒

Since I might be based in the near term out of Austin, I figure I would use some of my Texas connections to do some pig hunting. Occasionally, configuring the Prophet Compact in 30 cal for some pig hunts. 

At least I now have a ballpark of what the PPC can do in 30 cal.

.Good thing for the AGN search function on AGN. (More people need to use it before asking
1f609.svg
) I was curious about the FPE of a 30 cal Prophet.

The Compact has the 30 cal barrel option.

RTI has no info on the 30 cal option in either configuration, standard or compact.
1f9d0.svg
1f612.svg

Since I might be based in the near term out of Austin, I figure I would use some of my Texas connections to do some pig hunting. Occasionally, configuring the Prophet Compact in 30 cal for some pig hunts. 

At least I now have a ballpark of what the PPC can do in 30 cal.

also helps when the subject of a post actually contains information about the subject, but i digest…

I have yet to try and take a hog with my .30, I leave that for the big bore. Big hog, big hole.

The Prophet with 60gr pellets will simply lay down the law on coyotes. Nutria are fun too at night, kinda like whack-a-mole. Contact me when you land in Texas. 

So is there a consensus on power output of the .30 performance? Is it high power? Or around the same as most .30 in the 75-80fpe range?

does anyone think it can dip into the 100fpe power range? Looking to use if for long range coyote mostly, but would like to have the option of taking a deer obviously not at long range. Lol

So is there a consensus on power output of the .30 performance? Is it high power? Or around the same as most .30 in the 75-80fpe range?

does anyone think it can dip into the 100fpe power range? Looking to use if for long range coyote mostly, but would like to have the option of taking a deer obviously not at long range. Lol

Mine throws 60gr cast pellets 925fps, so over 100 ftlbs for sure. Coyotes be dammed

Mine throws 60gr cast pellets 925fps, so over 100 ftlbs for sure. Coyotes be dammed

Thanks for the info. 

will this thing throw slugs too? Trying to figure out most bang for the buck for ammo being so expensive in .30

It aint the indian, its the arrow… Indoor 100yd range so please take it with a grain of salt. 
The daystate 44 gr ( lite?) are what was best in mine. The daystate 50’s ( emperors?) were not bad either, not great, but better than jsb 50’s. Whats odd to me is none of the 50gr were noteworthy like the 44’s but the cast 60gr are spot on. Should post a new topic on AAO’s pellet mold now i think about it. The pin for 60gr makes it have a thicker and shallower skirt, maybe thats why the ones i keep do well? Dunno, maybe someone else could chime in about pellet design, i just know they hit coyotes and nutria harder than hell and right where its aimed, but ill be using the daystate 44’s for EFT events.