Tuning RTI Prophet .30 tuning

I was really close to buying a prophet performance in 30… I emailed RTI and they couldn’t give me specs on fpe or shot count. They wouldn’t even give a guesstimate, so I went with a maverick. The prophet seems extremely accurate and makes good power, they just need to get the specs out sooner, I wanted close to 90ftlb for coyotes. 

So mine is shooting 44.75 jsb’s at 860fps with reg at 150bar, and hammer spring turned in quite a bit. Does this sound normal? Or should I be getting higher velocities? It’s my first prophet, and my first .30. I have no idea what to expect. Also, does anyone else get a puff of air from the rear of the gun every shot? I know I have other posts on this, but this is the only thread specific to the .30. 

44.75 gr @ 860 = 73.51 ft pounds. Thats pretty dam good, if you want more you will have to figure out your air loss ( that puff of air ) is coming from.

Good luck, and keep it posted on the air loss Puff.

Thank you.

I know it’s not bad, I just don’t know if it’s “normal” for these settings on the prophet. I was under the impression they had plenty more power on tap, but with a reg pressure already at 150, and hammer almost maxed at that pressure, I don’t think I’d get the power I want without cranking that reg up high, and killing my shot count significantly. 

44 gr @ 860 is much lower than what mine was from the factory with the same weight pellets. Something sounds amiss to me. Did you happen to chrony and record the factory settings? if so I would go back to those settings first and check your breach area orings.

If you have the means, you can remove the bottle and tether regulated ( I use a Regman) for tuning then set the bottle reg to whatever setting its tuned for. Somewhat of a pain in the rear, but made tuning much easier in the long run. 

So mine is shooting 44.75 jsb’s at 860fps with reg at 150bar, and hammer spring turned in quite a bit. Does this sound normal? Or should I be getting higher velocities? It’s my first prophet, and my first .30. I have no idea what to expect. Also, does anyone else get a puff of air from the rear of the gun every shot? I know I have other posts on this, but this is the only thread specific to the .30.

I think your numbers are normal. It seems they (RTI + Gregor) cranked the regulator up to 180 bar in one of the videos.

Crank it up and try.

ThePuff, IDK.

44 gr @ 860 is much lower than what mine was from the factory with the same weight pellets. Something sounds amiss to me. Did you happen to chrony and record the factory settings? if so I would go back to those settings first and check your breach area orings.

If you have the means, you can remove the bottle and tether regulated ( I use a Regman) for tuning then set the bottle reg to whatever setting its tuned for. Somewhat of a pain in the rear, but made tuning much easier in the long run.

I bought it used, so I can only give you what it’s set at now. Reg at 150bar, hammer spring in almost all the way. I adjusted hammer to play a bit, but it wouldn’t go higher than 860. Replaced breech and probe orings already.