RTI Prophet .30 lead poisoning

I'm out hunting for a few days, got out late in the day but managed to smack one in the head at 58 yards. I'm planning to hunt all day tomorrow, place looks like it's loaded with Ground squirrels. Using the RTI Prophet in .30 and am using the jsb 50gr, forgot my moderator at home so it's a bit loud. Lol Marley's happy!! 

IMG_20220410_180146.1649647918.jpg

Hey man I am seriously wondering how you feel that gun stacks up to the fx impact. I have zero experience with either. I love your reviews man thanks for all the memories man. You have an amazing dog too btw. Rare to have a dog as good as that. Treasure those memories.

These are built really well and don't have a million little parts to fail like the Impact. The only thing I don't like are the magazines, they move from side to side and it can be annoying. 

Thanks I really prefer simple designs on hunting rifles. I really want a regulated high power rifle but whenever I compare them to my airforce condor I am left with question marks on weather it's really worth the extra coin to get a regulated rifle that makes even 80 percent of the power mine makes. So my question would be does the magazine moving from side to side effect accuracy negatively? The only complaint I have for my condor is that I definitely would like a multishot at this point. Every impact owner I know personally is getting into its guts every few months to fix a leak her or there. I don't like that idea. In fact the new impact with two regs seems like an extra failure point to worry about rather than an upgrade. The raw hm1000x is a likely candidate for my next hunting gun with good power and multishot but the weight is keeping me from making a decision. Do you have any suggestions? I would be stoked to have a regulated 25 cal that makes 60 to 65 fpe with 20 to 30 shots and keep it under 8lbs scoped. Is that even reasonable? I know of a couple guns that do that but it seems like they all have a few problems that are inherent with the particular brand. Seems like your always giving up something. No perfect gun exists. What's your absolute favorite multishot high power 25 cal? 

Impact r just rats nest. Owned 1 a long time. If your set on fx , the wildcat III or Maverick ( I have both) can do (stock) mostly what impact do, significantly less in cost. I'm looking for a replacement for my impact. Can't decide! Don't want a Kentucky long rifle! If Evol had external reg that would be the 1.for me. No barrel changes etc. Just hammer.

Lotta money!!!

After I had a failed purchase of a 'Premium' Kalibr Argus .30 cal (would not produce rated velocity), I returned it and made a list of things that were a priority.

1. Externally adjustable regulator: After trying to adjust the Argus regulator to fix its problems, it was a complete nightmare! Empty the reservoir, disassemble the gun's reservoir, remove the regulator, adjust the regulator, install the regulator, assemble the gun, fill the gun with air, test the velocity. And then do this all over again to make further adjustments! 😱
  2. External hammer spring power adjustment: The ability to change the amount of power the gun produces from one shot to the next is a big deal for me. I need full power when pesting groundhogs or raccoons, but can use minimal power to take starlings.
  3. Caliber Swaps: I bought my Maverick in .30 cal because I wanted to have the ability to get +100 fpe out of it. But some prefer smaller calibers. Having a gun that can easily swap calibers significantly increases resale value.
    [/LIST=1]

With the FX Maverick, I also got bonus features of 3 barrel lengths (500'm, 600'm, 700'm), 3 air bottle sizes (even more on the after market), and the barrel liner system.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the FX Wildcat MKIII BT VP, as I like that stock style better for field hunting. Everything is the same between the Maverick VP and Wildcat MKIII BT VP except for the stock.

When you buy into an FX gun, you often buy into a platform that can be configured to your hearts content. I'm certain you can tune a FX Maverick VP or Wildcat MKIII BT VP in .25 cal to 65 fpe with the right weight slugs, as the manufacture states 77 fpe right in the specs!

After I had a failed purchase of a 'Premium' Kalibr Argus .30 cal (would not produce rated velocity), I returned it and made a list of things that were a priority.

1. Externally adjustable regulator: After trying to adjust the Argus regulator to fix its problems, it was a complete nightmare! Empty the reservoir, disassemble the gun's reservoir, remove the regulator, adjust the regulator, install the regulator, assemble the gun, fill the gun with air, test the velocity. And then do this all over again to make further adjustments!
    1f631.svg
  2. External hammer spring power adjustment: The ability to change the amount of power the gun produces from one shot to the next is a big deal for me. I need full power when pesting groundhogs or raccoons, but can use minimal power to take starlings.
  3. Caliber Swaps: I bought my Maverick in .30 cal because I wanted to have the ability to get +100 fpe out of it. But some prefer smaller calibers. Having a gun that can easily swap calibers significantly increases resale value.
    [/LIST=1]

With the FX Maverick, I also got bonus features of 3 barrel lengths (500'm, 600'm, 700'm), 3 air bottle sizes (even more on the after market), and the barrel liner system.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the FX Wildcat MKIII BT VP, as I like that stock style better for field hunting. Everything is the same between the Maverick VP and Wildcat MKIII BT VP except for the stock.

When you buy into an FX gun, you often buy into a platform that can be configured to your hearts content. I'm certain you can tune a FX Maverick VP or Wildcat MKIII BT VP in .25 cal to 65 fpe with the right weight slugs, as the manufacture states 77 fpe right in the specs!

1. Thanks for the hijacked thread! Unbelievable 

Thanks I really prefer simple designs on hunting rifles. I really want a regulated high power rifle but whenever I compare them to my airforce condor I am left with question marks on weather it's really worth the extra coin to get a regulated rifle that makes even 80 percent of the power mine makes. So my question would be does the magazine moving from side to side effect accuracy negatively? The only complaint I have for my condor is that I definitely would like a multishot at this point. Every impact owner I know personally is getting into its guts every few months to fix a leak her or there. I don't like that idea. In fact the new impact with two regs seems like an extra failure point to worry about rather than an upgrade. The raw hm1000x is a likely candidate for my next hunting gun with good power and multishot but the weight is keeping me from making a decision. Do you have any suggestions? I would be stoked to have a regulated 25 cal that makes 60 to 65 fpe with 20 to 30 shots and keep it under 8lbs scoped. Is that even reasonable? I know of a couple guns that do that but it seems like they all have a few problems that are inherent with the particular brand. Seems like your always giving up something. No perfect gun exists. What's your absolute favorite multishot high power 25 cal?

maybe a Edgun might suit your needs ? seems to be rugged and easy to work with 

just an idea . Stan in KY 

Everything has a flaw imo, having regulated is not always necessary. I don't shoot that many .25 calibers anymore, prefer .22 and .30 for majority of work I do. For me having massive power isn't really a necessity, the accuracy, consistency and durability are most important. I realize people just love to tinker and tune, I always laugh when people say it's "tuned" yet cannot give you the performance information as to how it was shooting before. As far as the RAW goes, not very impressive now that AF is involved. The fit, finish and overall quality is nowhere near as when it was solely a custom type gun, disappointing. If I did get one I would definitely go with the tactical version as the laminate sticks are very weak and will crack just looking at it sideways. Taipan Veteran, Uragan, RTI would probably be products to look at, fairly simple and good performance. The dislike I have with the RTI magazine is nothing that affects accuracy, it's more of an annoyance when I go to shoulder the rifle. I've discussed this with them and a change will be implemented on future design.

I had an RTI performance in .25 and it could really produce power easily, consistently and accurately. I think that’s it’s best qualities. But dang they are heavy. That’s the draw back.

HEAVY ?? My .25 performance LR weighs just under 9 lbs w scope. It shoulders great so may be that's why it doesn't feel heavy ? Also, I must be lucky because my stock mags don't move around. They click into place in my breech and don't budge at all. Love this rifle and of all the airguns I've owned which includes a .30 Impact and .25 Wildcat Mk1 it's my favorite by far. I always regretted selling my .30 cal Impact that gave me NO issues. I mistakenly gave into all the "gloom and doom" Impact haters on this forum . All my fault. 😡