RTI Prophet 3 with suppressors at the range

Today I took my new RTI Prophet 3 Performance out to the range to test a few different options, along with visit some of my children in lock up until a "#$%" agency says I can take them home. With some discoveries on ammo.

It was good to see my children and introduce them to their sibling Ghost the second. (Photo end of the session which I didn't realize until the target came flying back to me, I used my hour.)
IMG_8556.jpeg

To repeat the setup for this post:
  1. RTI Prophet 3 Performance in 22 cal / 5.5 mm
  2. RTI Hush Suppressor
  3. Vector Optics Veyron 4x16 ILR Gen 2
  4. Accu-shot Atlas bipod
Ammo:
  • Zan 25 gr. .218 (should have been .217)
  • H&N 18 Bar
  • JSB 18 gr Jumbo Heavy
  • H&N Slup HP 23
  • NSA 20.1 .218
Two things I want to say for first the low mount rings I used, definitely are NOT for Ghost the second and next this is a pistol range not set up to bench rifles. I was crouched and bad view angles, which is not idea to shoot any type of reasonable groups. Distance 25 yards, and well, I will let the photos sum up the next, Zan slugs show promise, but I have .217 size coming and JSB and H&N 18s it is a toss up and NSA blows it, don't know how else to sum up. I will say all ammo settled in the 32 fpe regardless of speed, except the NSA, they blowed at 25 fpe.

Next I did chrony each, obviously but I won't for now put down all the technical nerd stuff. Like I said let the pictures do the talking. 10 shot groups, that aren't great considering the rifle and distance, but considering my less than ideal, well, it is what it is.

Set up, first ammo then group.

I have JSB 25 gr Redesigns coming. I spoke to Alex from Air Rifle Activities and he said I should have pretty good luck, but lets see.

IMG_8558.jpeg

IMG_8559.jpeg

IMG_8560.jpeg

IMG_8561.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

IMG_8563.jpeg

IMG_8564.jpeg

IMG_8565.jpeg

IMG_8566.jpeg

IMG_8567.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon