RTI Prophet .25 Arrived

I am a Priest owner and mine is dialed in so I have little interest in the Prophet. But seeing how there are guys hanging on your every word, I feel compelled to help you out. First, if you are having difficulty chambering pellets, I won’t listen to another word you write about accuracy or consistency until that is addressed. If you are having trouble with one mag sliding into the gun, we don’t bang or tap magazines, your barrel needs to be moved forward a thousandth of an inch. Loosen the one hex screw on top of the receiver, slide the stubborn mag in and retighten. Next, take your scope off. Loosen the two top hex screws that are pushing down on your shroud. Now loosen the 4 hex screws that are pushing in on the sides of the shroud. Now snug the top two screws forcing the shroud straight down. Now evenly tighten the the 4 that push in on the sides of the shroud. I bring them all in until they make contact, then tighten each a little at a time until snug. Good and snug. Lastly, always clean a brand new barrel. It’s one variable that could have you wasting a lot of pellets and sending out bad info. We can only imagine what a gun goes through coming from across the pond. There is no shame in going over it before you shoot it. Especially if you are going to review it on a forum. 

Reactions: mtnGhost
I am a Priest owner and mine is dialed in so I have little interest in the Prophet. But seeing how there are guys hanging on your every word, I feel compelled to help you out. First, if you are having difficulty chambering pellets, I won’t listen to another word you write about accuracy or consistency until that is addressed. If you are having trouble with one mag sliding into the gun, we don’t bang or tap magazines, your barrel needs to be moved forward a thousandth of an inch. Loosen the one hex screw on top of the receiver, slide the stubborn mag in and retighten. Next, take your scope off. Loosen the two top hex screws that are pushing down on your shroud. Now loosen the 4 hex screws that are pushing in on the sides of the shroud. Now snug the top two screws forcing the shroud straight down. Now evenly tighten the the 4 that push in on the sides of the shroud. I bring them all in until they make contact, then tighten each a little at a time until snug. Good and snug. Lastly, always clean a brand new barrel. It’s one variable that could have you wasting a lot of pellets and sending out bad info. We can only imagine what a gun goes through coming from across the pond. There is no shame in going over it before you shoot it. Especially if you are going to review it on a forum.

Sounds logical!!!

I think I made my Priest into a Prophet back in November or so. I thought it was cool to see they did some of the same things I did to my Priest to their new gun. The gun is a simple shooting machine. It all boils down to the same thing as all the other Mad Max/Space alien style guns they produce now. If you can live with the ergonomics, it’s a good gun. I can get my .25 to spit pellets and slugs close to 1,000fps. I recently backed the 25gr pellets down to 900fps and wow, my slug hammer was back to being a really sweet pellet gun. I have two factory mags with mine and they are fine. A bad gun is not impossible. My first Priest base model wasn’t right. Can’t remember exactly what issues I was having but when I sent it back and upgraded to the performance model, after 2 shots I knew I was shooting a gun that was right. 

Well Vetmx...Didn't ask for your help. If everyone is hanging on my every word that's not desired nor is it purpose. This is not a REVIEW. It's my experience with the new rifle. It surely could have beem, "Jim I know what the problem is and here's how to fix it" rather than insensitive way you put it. I tried my own remedy. I put some graphite lube on the sides of the pellet casings and then rubbed it off with a clean cloth. I guess that minor lube got the .001" needed without moving the barrell.

After the thorough cleaning, and boy was it dirty, I am getting darn near hole in hole at 50. So who do you believe? A dealer distributor said it's better to break it in like a cast iron skillet and said don't clean it for a bit. That obviously was not good advice in this case. I am using splatter burst targets and it's so accurate that I am shooting at intersecting lines on the target rather than the larger red areas. It's raining so it might be hard to get out pesting unless I stay inside the barns

Vetmx, even though your post was rude, I did learn something. Thank You.

Glad it’s shooting the way it should. Now you can focus on making the gun fit and be more comfortable. Since you don’t want my help, I will keep what I did to mine to myself. I had the same issue as you do with old slippery. It drove me nuts. Just when I was getting ready to squeeze, the butt would slip. From the sound of how yours is shooting at 50, I think they got the reg figured out. There is a good chance all of you guys will enjoy your guns.

No one asked, but on the topic of education ... maybe.

I run an enlarged transferport on my RTI and had some problems with the pellet sometimes getting shaved when it passed the transfer port and that produced some strange POI shifts. This mainly happened when the bolt was cycled enthusiastically. Slow and gentle cycling no problems, but ... I decided to solve this and made an inlet piece with a split transferport with a bridge that supports the pellet when passing the port and avoids it getting caught. Barrel was cut and threaded to mount the inlet piece. The picture shows a CAD rendering of the inlet pice with the split transfer port and a picture of the real thing mounted on the barrel. Same accuracy as before but without the annoying flyers I was getting. 👍

1592080491_14136829855ee5386be05a21.81708056.jpg

Hay you guys I got a post in here about my RTI prophet, Post on my post I am every thick skinned as long as I am learning about anything I am Happy, If you do this or that to your gun I may or may not have to so what,,, I am here to learn about the guns I shoot, I am 100 % sure Jim 81 is to. So if your gun has a fart blimp on it and mine does not ,, Thanks, Thanks , Now I know, I may check mine a little closer, 

Please keep posting up , My Prophet is not even in my hands yet, I am here to learn every thing I can about every gun I own and some I want to own,,,,,

And Jim 81 I think you are very lucky to have gotten your gun so early , Just looking at your range you posted you got some time behind the trigger of something, 

Wife retires this year, We looking for a place like that...

Mike

Today I field tested the Prophet. Sort of hid in a barn area with the Shockey Tripod. Was shooting everything from an English Sparrow to Collared Dove size. Ranges varied from 25 to 50 yds. The thing seems to shoot where I aim it. Went through two magazines and maybe only missed on 4 or 5 birds.The gun is working beautifully. The cocking lever is smooth, not Wildcat smooth, but is easy to manage. A not so obvious benefit is the magazine. Don't know how many times I have shot on an empty magazine of the round type. You can take it out and put it back in and the way it works the next cycle will have a pellet or if you are empty you just cant slide the bolt to lock. All the rest of the rifles I am shooting have the round magazines and when I take one out I am not sure when I put it back in if I have it in the right location to cycle a pellet next.

I shot and shot and shot. I have no idea how many shots you get on a fill, but the gauge didn't seem to go down very fast. A dealer I visited with said the shot count in .25 is supposed to be 90. I find that hard to believe but it seemed pretty air stingy. That #*1*+@?? stock arrangement. As i have said before the darn thing slips out of you shoulder. I am up for an after market fix for that. I would set the rifle on the tripod and start to line up on a target fussing with the scope and cheek weld and now I have to redo some part of all that as the plastic slipped out of my shoulder and is now in the crook of my elbow. If you had a bipod on it and were shooting off a bench it would be a useful design. Doesn't work worth a hoot for me.

I visited two permissions. I shot a lot at each and at the second one I left with targets still available. Learned about me and something I hadn't really considered. I became mentally fatigued. It was just getting to be an effort to hold a good sight picture, concetrate on trigger squeeze etc, I packed up an headed home. Texted the farmer and told him there were a lot of dead birds in and around his feed piles. Asked where I might dump them. He said you kill em I do the clean up. Gotta say a really nice benefit of pesting is getting to know and working with the farmers. Great folks in all 3 permissions.

The holes where you push the pellets in are too small on RTI mags. Makes it difficult to seat without a tool. Negative of reversible magazines. I replaced with CARM magazines and they are much nicer to load...plus they have a shot counter. Only right hand sided though.

1592194713_13533791625ee6f6991a6155.46355562.jpg

https://www.carm-magazines.com/carm-magazines/rti-priest-1.aspx

1592241602_17093491715ee7adc23e1e35.96400752.jpg

Also, I removed the shroud screws altogether. They pushed the shroud down and I was getting pellet clipping.

DanielIL, the Priest receiver uses orings to center the shroud. If you crank down on the two top screws, I could see why you started clipping. You essentially put a bow in the center of your shroud. Thats why when I was using the original Priest receiver, I removed the orings and replaced them with .005 shims. Now I use the Prophet receiver and it is machined with no orings and a much tighter tolerance.