RTI Prophet 2 Valve issues

Unfortunately I’ve been basing most of my speed spread comments on the FX radar. Recently there seems to have been a bit of a backlash and comments that these are producing inaccurate and wild results. When I measure with the Skan the speed spread is way better (10 compared with 40). The gun is still not as accurate as I would expect with 1 MOA difficult to achieve. Perhaps it’s not a speed problem as i first thought. It occasionally shoots 1/2 MOA which is great but then the next few targets it’s more like 2 MOA. I wish I could figure this out.

Unfortunately I’ve been basing most of my speed spread comments on the FX radar. Recently there seems to have been a bit of a backlash and comments that these are producing inaccurate and wild results. When I measure with the Skan the speed spread is way better (10 compared with 40). The gun is still not as accurate as I would expect with 1 MOA difficult to achieve. Perhaps it’s not a speed problem as i first thought. It occasionally shoots 1/2 MOA which is great but then the next few targets it’s more like 2 MOA. I wish I could figure this out.
I was also using the FX radar but I have switched to a more reliable v3 magnetospeed.

Reactions: Yorkie
Man Yorkie... All the stuff I read about the P2, it seems to be a problem child for just about everyone that owns one.. these new balance valves don't seem to be all that.. I hope you get it figured out. I wanted to try the new PRB on my P1... But now I'm not sure I want to chance it.
I don’t see a problem trying the RPB barrel on a P1.
Yes there are a high proportion of P2 owners reporting problems. If there are ones who are 100% happy they certainly don’t comment much.

Reactions: EDventure
Man Yorkie... All the stuff I read about the P2, it seems to be a problem child for just about everyone that owns one.. these new balance valves don't seem to be all that.. I hope you get it figured out. I wanted to try the new PRB on my P1... But now I'm not sure I want to chance it.
I have a Prophet 2. The gun shoots easy. The trigger is very good. With the Knockouts .217 it shoots very accurate, high power, so easy. The new valve works very different. Also a different approach on working with the gun.
Easy to complain on the net. Many frustration on the forum. But there are a lot of good things on the PP2. I would buy it again.
My brother has an M3. I prefer the Prophet 2. The PP2 shoot faster pallets and slugs accurate. The M3 has a narrower band to shoot accurate, less than 900 fps. The PP2 shoots pallets and slugs very accurate at 970-990 fps with ease.
Many PCP's have work. The M3 has a bad barrel. Pushing a pellet trough, it is sticky at some places. The choke is huge. With the M3 you need warmup shots. When you want to shoot slugs with the M3 you need a heavier hammer. Changing caliber is not that easy. With the PP2 changing caliber is easy. No need for changing hammers.
.177 use pallets 8gr or heavier. I have succes with BSA Red Star 80 bar. 970 FPS.
.22 knockout slugs .217 130 bar.

Reactions: Spinach