RTI Prophet 2 Valve issues

This has been a concern I’ve had since Rti announced a bv. I wish they would have released it as a separate model for HEAVY slug use. The prophet platform is my favorite for bullpups. The simplicity of the platform is its beauty…but not with these issues.

Dave
When they announced the P2 I was thrilled. I immediately started watching for reduced clearance prices on the Prophet 1 and did end up getting a Prophet Performance at the price of a compact. Love this gun!
I am sure that the P2 will be a great gun, but only after the early adopters finish beta testing it.

I never buy version 1.0 of anything1

To the OP. I hope you get things ironed out on your P2. The Prophet is a really great gun when everything is working as it should.

Reactions: Yorkie
My prophet 2 dumped the air through the valve before I had even fired a test shot!
Returned to RTI. New valve etc installed.
Shot great for almost a tin of pellets!

Jsb, 18g. I was happy with the groups. Reg set around 100 bar. One hole group at 50m, 55yds.

I noticed some lubricant on top of the barrel retaining hex, wiped clean, decided to look the next day.

Overnight all the air was dumped. Filled, air escaping from the transfer port.

P2 stripped, valve cleaned etc. Holding air but shooting erratic. Definitely not the regulator, tested. I have 2.

Looking like it's the valve again.

Email to RTI in December, can I buy a new valve? No response so far. Disappointment.

So I've a prophet 2, it's a ornament. Something that collects dust and scowls, especially from the missus.

Fortunately my prophet one is trouble free.

Apparently a couple of popular utube posters have reliable ones, I'm baffled and bemused, especially when my genuine questions as a prophet 2 owner get deleted.
Snake oil.
All YouTube posters have great guns, does’t matter what brand. If we had to go to the library to watch YouTube videos, we would have to go to the fiction section.

All YouTube posters have great guns, does’t matter what brand. If we had to go to the library to watch YouTube videos, we would have to go to the fiction section.
Oh, mate I already know that. They are as corrupt as my wife and her sister on a night out.🤣
So, for now I have asked polite questions to the tuber's.
Deleted posts get logged.
Litigation, is that the American phrase.?

RTI , I'm disappointed and shocked.

Reactions: Scotty1
So tomorrow Ill try to see if a reduced plenum volume will give more consistent speeds. The theory is that if the valve open time is a bit variable then the reducing pressure may mitigate the variation. Clutching at straws?
IMG_4423.jpg

So tomorrow Ill try to see if a reduced plenum volume will give more consistent speeds. The theory is that if the valve open time is a bit variable then the reducing pressure may mitigate the variation. Clutching at straws?
View attachment 325594
I’m not sure what reducing the plenum will do but it’s obviously something to try that’s easily reversible.

Please do try a heavy slug, something in the 34gr range. If I were at home, I would send you some to try. If you still haven’t tried any in a couple weeks, I’ll send you some.

I feel the platform has great potential. It’s just that balance valves are so particular.

I do not make my balanced valves like most. I make my chamber adjustable AND allow it to float forward. This allows all sorts of tuning configurations.

If you switch to a conventional poppet, the hammer spring will probably need to be a heavier one. Hopefully Rti will step up with some solutions.

Dave

My prophet 2 dumped the air through the valve before I had even fired a test shot!
Returned to RTI. New valve etc installed.
Shot great for almost a tin of pellets!

Jsb, 18g. I was happy with the groups. Reg set around 100 bar. One hole group at 50m, 55yds.

I noticed some lubricant on top of the barrel retaining hex, wiped clean, decided to look the next day.

Overnight all the air was dumped. Filled, air escaping from the transfer port.

P2 stripped, valve cleaned etc. Holding air but shooting erratic. Definitely not the regulator, tested. I have 2.

Looking like it's the valve again.

Email to RTI in December, can I buy a new valve? No response so far. Disappointment.

So I've a prophet 2, it's a ornament. Something that collects dust and scowls, especially from the missus.

Fortunately my prophet one is trouble free.
what kind of speeds you shooting 18 gr at with 100bar

This is why I really like 'Aim Small'. His groups are more 'real world' than many YT posters. We are all a bit guilty perhaps. When we occasionally get an amazing group we want to share it like its normal.

Reactions: EPG
what kind of speeds you shooting 18 gr at with 100bar
My Prophet Performance v1 .22 LR shoots JSB 18.13 at 918-923 fps with this reg settings - see picture.

It’s extremely accurate with these pellets at that speed - and I get a huge shot count. I almost never actually fill the rifle above 250bar - usually fill to 225 bar. This was a rare occasion above 250.

BDC94046-8F07-4852-B842-F4333D66AFBE.jpeg