• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet 2 serious problem

Hi to everyone who owns a Prophet 2. A friend of mine owns one, and he has the air burst on his cheek, so he checked the pellet probe oring, but it was ok, so after some inspection, he found out that there's a tiny hole that goes from the back of the valve (where the port aligns). It seems to be that the tool used to make that hole, was too big or misaligned and punctured the thin wall. Apparently RTI then put some oring with a washer to solve this issue. But the fact is that te oring starts finding its way out through the hole, and air leaks on each shot, making the slug speed inconsistent, besides the air hitting your face. I'd like to know if anyone is awere of this issue, and if it's common or is it just my friends gun. you can see the oring scaping form the hole down there. Thanks for any info about this issue.

Prophet 2.jpg

That is actually the vent for your hammer. The very first RTI Priest didn’t have this so us owners had to machine grooves in our hammers. The reason? A hammer in a tube acts like a piston. When our hammers were flying forward to strike the valve they were building up pressure and it caused inconsistent hammer strikes on the valve. RTI addressed this issue on the Priest ll. Now when your hammer is flying forward, the air it builds up is relieved out that hole. But as a P2 owner also, I’m curious about that oring I see in the picture. Did someone jam an oring down the hammer tube in front of the valve pin in an attempt to create some kind of B Staley mod? Did RTI do it? I hope RTI didn’t. I haven’t looked inside my gun yet but I sure hope RTI didn’t do it. A B Staley hammer bounce mod with orings is a very shade tree way around an issue.