• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet 2 Opinions

I just received my used prophet 2 performance .22 a few days ago. So far I am impressed. The gun is heavier than I thought it was going to be. The firing cycle is a bit loud. It is tuned down for pellets, so I’m only expecting it to get louder as I turn it up for slugs. Trigger adjustments are nice and easy to access. The thing is built really well. Fit and finish are amazing. I did notice the cocking cycle is unrefined. It’s not buttery smooth like my fx rifles were. It’s not bad, just not as smooth as others I have had. I haven’t had time to shoot over the chronograph yet. With its current tune, it’s putting Hades in the same hole at 25. Those are my limited observations so far.

I just received my used prophet 2 performance .22 a few days ago. So far I am impressed. The gun is heavier than I thought it was going to be. The firing cycle is a bit loud. It is tuned down for pellets, so I’m only expecting it to get louder as I turn it up for slugs. Trigger adjustments are nice and easy to access. The thing is built really well. Fit and finish are amazing. I did notice the cocking cycle is unrefined. It’s not buttery smooth like my fx rifles were. It’s not bad, just not as smooth as others I have had. I haven’t had time to shoot over the chronograph yet. With its current tune, it’s putting Hades in the same hole at 25. Those are my limited observations so far.
Would you say that the noise level of this gun without a moderator would be considered backyard friendly and what is the overall length of this gun? I heard from someone that this gun is very small.

Would you say that the noise level of this gun without a moderator would be considered backyard friendly and what is the overall length of this gun? I heard from someone that this gun is very small.
31” without the moderator. I would say it depends on where your backyard is. I’d moderate it if I was within 20 yds of a neighbor. I’m in the middle of nowhere. My dB reader has it at 87dB. 65dB with my moderator. I’d say, unmoderated, it is about as loud a CCI CB Short.

Last edited:
Reactions: JirehP05
I am a happy Prophet 2 owner. Ordered my prophet 2 .22 in Januari. It came in good condition. Only a little scratch on the logo on the sideplate. It is a scratch in the production. before painting. Nothing to bother. Other side plates has it to.
After using it a little while, shooting at low power, the hammerspring makes noise. I have signaled the problem. On the spring is on one side a little notch. Filed it of, now it is good. The spring did bow in the beginning. Now it stays straight when cocking.
When cocking the prophet with .22 the pallets are a little stiff. The cockplate makes scratches on the sideplate. With a little silicontape to protect as solution. Even made an adjustment to the cockingplate. The cockingplate pushes the plunjer down when cocking. I have threaded a little bolt inside. Now it stays straight untill the end and then pushes down.
Shooting .22 out of the box, heavier pallets or slugs at 125 bar.
I have also bought the .177 kit (shooting at home) and .30 (to destroy stuff).
.177 shoot out of the box pallets to fast. 80 bar 7.5gr at 1050 ft/s. With a little restictor in the transferport 2.5mm, 80 bar 7.5gr 870ft/s.
.30 130 bar slugs at 730 ft/s.
The barrels are:
.177 12 groove LW barrel
.22 6 semi polygone barrel. Search for polygone daystate barrel (same grooving).
.30 is polygone barrel. Easy to cock bullets in.

Would I buy it again? Yes.
The trigger is light and sweet.
Easy switching caliber.
Easy to adjust.
Good looking.
Well balanced.
Low height.
I like the new valve (innovation, and dare to try other things).
Shoots pallets and slugs.
Lothar & Walther barrels.
Good communication with supplier.

If any questions, feel free to ask.

Simon

Reactions: SHOMER
31” without the moderator. I would say it depends on where your backyard is. I’d moderate it if I was within 20 yds of a neighbor. I’m in the middle of nowhere. My dB reader has it at 87dB. 65dB with my moderator. I’d say, unmoderated, it is about as loud a CCI CB Short.
If I'm not mistaken , there is no baffles system into the shroud , right?

If I'm not mistaken , there is no baffles system into the shroud , right?
Correct
I am a happy Prophet 2 owner. Ordered my prophet 2 .22 in Januari. It came in good condition. Only a little scratch on the logo on the sideplate. It is a scratch in the production. before painting. Nothing to bother. Other side plates has it to.
After using it a little while, shooting at low power, the hammerspring makes noise. I have signaled the problem. On the spring is on one side a little notch. Filed it of, now it is good. The spring did bow in the beginning. Now it stays straight when cocking.
When cocking the prophet with .22 the pallets are a little stiff. The cockplate makes scratches on the sideplate. With a little silicontape to protect as solution. Even made an adjustment to the cockingplate. The cockingplate pushes the plunjer down when cocking. I have threaded a little bolt inside. Now it stays straight untill the end and then pushes down.
Shooting .22 out of the box, heavier pallets or slugs at 125 bar.
I have also bought the .177 kit (shooting at home) and .30 (to destroy stuff).
.177 shoot out of the box pallets to fast. 80 bar 7.5gr at 1050 ft/s. With a little restictor in the transferport 2.5mm, 80 bar 7.5gr 870ft/s.
.30 130 bar slugs at 730 ft/s.
The barrels are:
.177 12 groove LW barrel
.22 6 semi polygone barrel. Search for polygone daystate barrel (same grooving).
.30 is polygone barrel. Easy to cock bullets in.

Would I buy it again? Yes.
The trigger is light and sweet.
Easy switching caliber.
Easy to adjust.
Good looking.
Well balanced.
Low height.
I like the new valve (innovation, and dare to try other things).
Shoots pallets and slugs.
Lothar & Walther barrels.
Good communication with supplier.

If any questions, feel free to ask.

Simon
What .30 slugs are your shooting? I have my reg set to 120 bar and I’m getting 860fp/s with the JSB 44.75 gr. 730fp/s with a reg pressure of 130 bar from this platform seems a bit anemic. Are you sure your hammer spring tension is turned in enough to open the valve? That or you are shooting really heavy slugs.

"does anyone know of any problems that are common with the prophet?"

I am, and I've never owned one! So I'm curious why all the P2 owners that posted about their valve problems are MIA in this thread. The man asked for feedback about problems; is no-one willing to answer? Then I will!

Yes, Prophet 2s had problems with the balanced valves.

Reactions: oledawg

I am, and I've never owned one! So I'm curious why all the P2 owners that posted about their valve problems are MIA in this thread. The man asked for feedback about problems; is no-one willing to answer? Then I will!

I’ve had problems, BUT RTI has been quick to resolve them. I have a very nice gun now with zero issues. The new generation 4 valve is solid and functional.

I own a P2, a early one.
Yes, valve problem, sorted by RTI. I'd buy another, no problem.
I hardly think P2 owners have been MIA, more preoccupied with a excellent product.
Unless you have owned one, you'll never know.

Rti has actively improved the valve. Sending replacements for free any time they have been notified of a problem. The valve is a 5 min replacement, with very little adjustment in tuning after the valve has been replaced.
At IWA, I personally talked with them about the valve. At the time they shared a prototype design with me. I liked the design very much. Since then they have tested the last design (gen4)with 10000 shots. And it’s still going strong.
I personally own 4 Prophet2. I have experienced early valves fail. As of right now I have a gen 4 valve with 2500+ shots working great.

RTI has sent me a few extra gen 4 valves. To share with my airgun friends. If you have a Prophet2 and have valves problems. I will give you one of my extra valves for free. Just PM me here on AGN.
Mont

I own a P2, a early one.
Yes, valve problem, sorted by RTI. I'd buy another, no problem.
I hardly think P2 owners have been MIA, more preoccupied with a excellent product.
Unless you have owned one, you'll never know.
A buddy has certainly been more preoccupied with his excellent product... replacing the valve three times so far. No thanks.

But thank you and the others that came out of the closet about their P2 valve problems to follow my lead in answering the OP's only question in his original post.. Reckon anyone would have, had I not spilled the beans? Wasn't looking like it.

Last edited:
A buddy has certainly been more preoccupied with his excellent product... replacing the valve three times so far. No thanks.

But thank you and the others that came out of the closet about their P2 valve problems to follow my lead in answering the OP's only question in his original post.. Reckon anyone would have, had I not spilled the beans? Wasn't looking like it.
I’m not sure there were beans to spill. There is plenty of honest information out there about the P2 and the difficulties people are having with them. I find it interesting that you hardly ever see them listed for sale. People like them enough to stick through the problems. The ones who can endure are blessed with one fine shooting rifle.

Reactions: SHOMER

Two of my buddies I communicate with have the P2, both still on the original valve. No complaints from them.
Yes, I had the faulty valve, my luck but I have enjoyed the learning experience.
That's life and hobbies.

"I’m not sure there were beans to spill."

Considering there were SEVEN responses signing high praises but not answering the OP's one and only question, I'm not sure there weren't beans to spill. I was the first to directly answer his only question.

Yesterday my buddy that is on his third P2 valve 🤬 confirmed my suspicions he would not have bought a Prophet had he known what I spilled in answering the OP's question. I was also considering a Prophet... until my buddy's bad experiences.

Having lost confidence in his Prophet, he has reduced the power to 35 foot pounds in hopes his third valve lasts longer than the first two (less than 500 rounds). One failed in the middle of a match. With about 200 rounds through the third valve, he's keeping his fingers crossed.🤞🥶

As a proper analogy- having found his new supercar undependable when used for its intended purpose, he's resigned it to a grocery-getter role.

As a reminder, I have not bad-mouthed or disparaged Prophets here. I simply answered this thread's only question by reporting the truth. No surprise some are bothered by truth(s), nor does that bother me in the least. Arguments and opinions avoiding truth don't matter.