• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet 2 issues

Well it happened again!!!! I've put a couple hundred pellets/slugs through my P2 since I replaced my valve a few months back. Today tuning for some .177 Zan 20gr. Took a shot and again air dumping out the barrel. Fired a couple more shots while the pressure was still safe to do so hoping it would stop but no luck 😣 Sent an email to RTI this evening. Last time they replied quickly and sent out a new valve. Thankfully Mont "Mrshosted" had sent me a valve about a month ago as a backup just in case. Will let you all know how RTI responds. I hope this isn't going to be a regular maintenance issue! Has anyone else gone through a few valves on there P2 in such a short time frame???
I thought they had the P2 valve issue worked out?? Is it possible to install the P1 valve in the P2... I have been all over the board with my P1... High power, low power and everything in-between.. without a failure.. thousands of rounds down the pipe. Man that valve issue sucks. Hope they get it lined out for ya

Reactions: Dairyboy
RTI sent me a spare valve, after I had fitted the first replacement. All good so far.
I am willing to tempt fate and strip the P2 just to see what valve is currently fitted and working. I believe I have the latest version valve as a spare.
To be honest, once the valve issue was resolved my P2 is my most flexible user. The P1 still holds its own but tuning and balancing everything is so much easier with the P2.
I am frustrated to hear others are still having problems, hopefully it is a minority and solvable.
Fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: Dairyboy
I thought they had the P2 valve issue worked out?? Is it possible to install the P1 valve in the P2... I have been all over the board with my P1... High power, low power and everything in-between.. without a failure.. thousands of rounds down the pipe. Man that valve issue sucks. Hope they get it lined out for ya

Same! My P1 has not had any issues with the valve. My Priest2 never had any valve issues. I think it's with the new assisted valve in the P2 which is having all the valve problems.

RTI sent me a spare valve, after I had fitted the first replacement. All good so far.
I am willing to tempt fate and strip the P2 just to see what valve is currently fitted and working. I believe I have the latest version valve as a spare.
To be honest, once the valve issue was resolved my P2 is my most flexible user. The P1 still holds its own but tuning and balancing everything is so much easier with the P2.
I am frustrated to hear others are still having problems, hopefully it is a minority and solvable.
Fingers crossed 🤞
I'm going out of town today but will be back Saturday. When I get back I'll remove the valve and post a pic of it.

Are the P3’s having the same issue? I read in a YouTube comment that someone did. He had a power tune on it in .30 cal.
The gen 4 valve in the P2 shares a similar design to the p3. The p3 has a different valve seat and larger valve. So it will not be reverse compatible. But not to worry. I’ve personally but 3000 shoots on a gen 4 valve in a P2 with no problems.

Reactions: Ed24 and Spinach
Here is the valve I just removed.

View attachment 367234

How about a photo of the one you replaced it with? That removed valve looks nothing like the valve I have in my Prophet 2 that was purchased last fall and failed this week.

I think I figured it out. Scrolled back and saw the photo of the old valve. That is what mine looks like. The O-Rings were chewed up a bit. Replaced both O-rings in the old valve, still leaks, even faster.

Your photo of the original valve looks like the one I have.

1687639494004.png

Does the latest valve use the same or a similar steel part as seen on the left in this screen capture from this YouTube video by AirgunNL? The O-Ring in mine (part on the left) was bad and very difficult to remove. I only had one each on hand that fit and would like to get more of both O-rings used in both assemblies. What is the correct size for both O-Rings?

1687652055330.png