• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Prophet 2 issues

I just got mine as well. Looks the same as the one you received. Now just waiting for the 5.5x1.5 NBR90 O-Ring, part # 60. They didn't send one.

So, do you use any silicone oil or O-ring grease on the O-ring inside part # 36 Valve Seal? I noticed there was no O-Ring on the valve like the old one. How about silicone oil or grease on the valve itself either on the plastic seal, the steel rod th at gets hit by the hammer or the stainless part on the valve that goes into the balancer?

How freely should the balancer slide on the stainless end of the valve? The O-Ring in mine was worn out / totally flat on the inside, so I have no idea how tight the fit will be.

1688856113160.png

1688855102048.png

1688856227273.png

Last edited:
Not sure on the o ring? Didn't change it out and its been working fine. I also didn't put any grease on anything.

OK. Thanks for the info. I think my old one failed because of the damaged O-ring in the stainless steel valve seal, but who knows.

Trying to get the leak fixed while waiting for the new valve, I had installed a new O-Ring in the Valve Seal, but it still leaked when put back together. When I installed the O-Ring in the Valve Seal it was a VERY tight fit to get the new valve to go into Valve Seal (Part 36) so I put some silicone oil on it to keep from damaging it. The Valve barely moved in the Valve Seal and would not spring back when the spring was compressed which didn't seem right.

When I took it apart to install the new Valve, it was no longer a tight fit between the two parts and the Valve Seal would move back on its own then the spring was compressed, so I left the O-ring in there rather than replacing it with a new one like I planned to. Once assembled, a short burst of 150 BAR air from a small tank and one dry fire and it is holding air! A bit tedious to disassemble / reassemble, but simple enough to do the job after watching a video and tearing it down 3 times. One thing that helped speed up re-assembly was a photo and a measurement of the exposed threads on the two threaded rod connections for the trigger and the cocking lever to get them the right length on the first try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed24