RTI Rti prophet 2.1 problem

Looking for some advise I have a p2.1 that's blowing air from the hole above hammer/probe where you can see into the action. It's a blast of air with every shot fired any ideas what it is ?

20231015_130706.jpg

Reactions: Boots
@EPG looks like this might be a question you have an answer for.

Unfortunately I cannot help.

Both my Prophets are V1s - I was hesitant to try a V2 with the new balanced value. Also, I only shoot pellets and the V2 barrels in .22 & .25 were optimized for slugs - huge transfer ports and faster twist rates.

-Ed

Reactions: Boots and oledawg
While I could feel air sometimes coming out the hammer vent hole on my Priest l and Priest ll, I haven’t noticed it on my P2. Like Stubbers mentioned, maybe because the P2’s hammer looks like a strainer helps. But because the face of the hammer is still solid, it could force some air. Even though they stuck an oring in the hole I have circled, just like my previous RTI’s, I’ve had an issue with air coming out this hole. Just like my other RTI’s, when I wrap this screw with Teflon tape, that problem goes away.

IMG_3282.jpeg

While I could feel air sometimes coming out the hammer vent hole on my Priest l and Priest ll, I haven’t noticed it on my P2. Like Stubbers mentioned, maybe because the P2’s hammer looks like a strainer helps. But because the face of the hammer is still solid, it could force some air. Even though they stuck an oring in the hole I have circled, just like my previous RTI’s, I’ve had an issue with air coming out this hole. Just like my other RTI’s, when I wrap this screw with Teflon tape, that problem goes away.

View attachment 397281
It's not coming from there it's from the hammer vent hole I'll see what rti say and let you all know the outcome

*edited spanish to english*
Hello. It is air that leaks through the throttle stem that passes through the block. The picture of the p2 (from the internet) is not accurate, it differs from my P2 in that the valve seat and internal block are not flat, but it allows you to understand how the stem and the block are joined. According to my crony, nothing to worry about, although it is somewhat annoying. The design of the p3 (internet picture) is improved. There are also photos of the valve seat and the inside of the block on my PP2

IMG_4028.jpeg

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

IMG_5799.jpeg

Last edited: