RTI Priest

Well, after a lot of waiting on parts and some nerve racking money wires, I have my Priest running with the updated parts and I must say WOW. Rob at RTI was great help on getting me set up with the right stuff and making it all come together. The newest version of this gun is phenomenal and so easy to work on if it ever needs it. The support from RTI has been very stellar. There is also a loaded version coming with externally adjustable regulator, adjustable hammer spring, and a 500cc carbon fiber tank. I came up with this from JSB 18.13 gr @ 930 fps and 47 yds. Also accounted for two Eurasian doves at 100 and 151 yds last weekend. If you have been thinking about one of these rifles, the newest version is the way to go.
1553453605_1131631565c97d225cb31e8.45024033_B04037F1-C1D7-42E8-A90D-B622D8E7AF19.jpeg
1553453646_14552103485c97d24eca63d5.10815333_A75B5E49-7E2A-42A2-8681-C1633AB963B0.jpeg

I have been looking at one of these guns off and on for a long time. Almost all of the negative posts, especially the one from the "highly experienced" engineer somewhere in Europe who bashed the Priest to death, were all a bunch of crap. There had to be some agenda with that guy and a lot of the other negative posts were from people who had never even shot a Priest. Anyway, all of the negative myths about this gun have been dispelled. I have a neighbor with the first version and it's a blast to shoot, it's very simple, powerful and pretty inexpensive considering what you can do with the gun. The detachable tank was got me excited, for my young sons, this is an awesome feature. Or, if you just want more capacity you can leave the tank attached to the gun and hook up a second tank via the micro bore hose. You either like the looks or you don't but after getting a chance to shoot one, they're quite a cool package for $1249. The Eastern Europeans know how to make quality guns and this is no exception!

With all of that being said, the reason I really wanted to respond to your post is to let everyone know that AOA will be selling the Priest 2 to US customers very shortly. I heard they were going to be an imported/retailer so I gave AOA a call to find out more. I called a day or two after IWA and was told they are going to start selling them but they didn't have the details yet. They told me to call back in 2-3 weeks, after their staff gets back from Europe and they know more about it. That was 2-3 weeks ago so they should have more information anytime. 

I love my Beeman's, my Brocock's and my FX's. They're all quality guns for sure. I've been saving for a new Daystate or FX but recently decided I need to start buying some guns from different manufacturers to see what's out there and how the quality stacks up. You never know until you try, right? I would have never really considered the Priest 2 if I hadn't had the opportunity to shoot one. Yeah, I though the concept was cool and believe it or not, I like the looks! But that's about where that ended. After shooting one though, I really got excited. It's a cool gun with a lot of great features...external tank option, swappable calibers, fully adjustable, high power regulator, left side, straight pull cocking, fully adjustable trigger, externally adjustable hammer spring, super lightweight (like 4.5lbs with the tank removed and used via hose)and it has a tiny footprint too. 

We air gunners are a lucky bunch. No matter what you like to shoot or what you like to shoot at, there are so many options these days with new options being released constantly. It's an exciting time for all of us and it's only going to keep getting better and better!

Stoti

Rich_B,

Is your priest equivalent to the Priest 2 after the updates? What's your shot count?

I am so interested in the Priest 2, nice looking AG

It is pretty much equivalent to the 2 version now. The only parts that I transferred over wer the front block, shroud, and trigger shoe. 

Dont really know what the shot count is yet. I have a .35L carbon fiber tank on mine, but since I don’t have my magazines yet, I just plink around here at birds and rocks. I can get quite a few shots out of it on the smaller tank. I’m going to take a guess and figure it’s in the 70-80 round mark. Usually only fill it once a weekend. Eventually I’m going to get their adjustable regulator and the new butt plate to adjust the hammer spring.

Inline the external tank option, seems so obvious, the gun must handle SOOO NICE with an auxiliary tank and short/shallow design. If it can shoot .22 slugs at 50+ fpe accurately at MOA or better I’m in! Otherwise useless. That’s my new standard unfortunately, pellets are good for shooting cans but if you hunt, pellets seem obsolete and I hope the priest can adapt as well as others.

The Priest 2 is finally available at AoA. The Performance Package at $1500 includes a carbon fiber 580cc air tank, an adjustable regulator with two gauges, an extended butt plate with adjustable hammer spring, a 20 MOA rail and hard case. The Standard gun is at $1130 can be upgraded at additional cost.

Now I am even more undecided between he priest and the Jefferson Air Raptor.

Now that I just bought a Cricket, I can't afford any of them :( It is time to sell some AGs

1559772054_7599546125cf83b9643f911.31042639_FC498377-F908-47A9-933B-ABD16AAC8598.jpeg
I got one of the first ones from AoA. Got the loaded version with the bigger CF tank, external regulator and all the upgrades. It was right about 1599. 

This thing shoots beautiful. Both pellets and slugs are shooting great, grouping excellent. I don’t have any pics of the groups to share as I’ve been busy with two other toys I received in the past couple weeks. But this thing is grouping just as good as my Impact MKII. Out of the box, no tuning or adjustment, it’s shooting the 25gr .25 cal JSB at 940 FPS. Added a Weirauch moderator that Kip at AoA trimmed for me and this thing is extremely quiet. Like very quiet, specially for the power is generating

The magazine does not get in the way. Plus the magazine is fully ambidextrous. You can load it from both sides. Also just like the FX Impact, you can switch calibers very easy and the barrel kit is a lot cheaper. 

This gun is another keeper. I would only sell it if there is a Priest 3.