• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI Priest 2 Side Lever Conversion Kit

Looking to hear from anyone who has installed the Prophet side lever kit on a Priest 2. AoA has these side lever kits in stock but the install cost is preventing me from pulling the trigger…Kit $200 + install cost $250 + round trip shipping $100 = $550!!! Seems kinda expensive for a cocking mechanism conversion. Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this conversion. Thanks guys!

I put one on my Priest a good while ago. I was able to get one out of the first batch from a place across the pond. Straight forward install. The only thing you have to concern yourself with is getting the probe timing perfect. You have to set the rod length so the probe cams over right when the cocking lever snaps home. As far as the price goes, we pay way too much for gun to begin with so why sweat what the components cost.

Thanks Vetmx! We’re definitely not in this hobby to save money lol. I have my Priest 2 really dialed in…it’s a an absolute laser…and I’m hesitant to mess with a gun that’s this dialed in! The straight pull back cocking system is not bad, but I feel the side lever is better and will make the shooting experience even better. May just pull the trigger…

Looking to hear from anyone who has installed the Prophet side lever kit on a Priest 2. AoA has these side lever kits in stock but the install cost is preventing me from pulling the trigger…Kit $200 + install cost $250 + round trip shipping $100 = $550!!! Seems kinda expensive for a cocking mechanism conversion. Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this conversion. Thanks guys!

"pulling the trigger."..now that's funny !! I didn't think people still said that silly phrase.

Mike

P.S. - I'm still waiting for them to manufacturer the left side kit for the Wildcat III that was supposed to be going to be made.

Mike - don’t hold your breath waiting for a left side kit for your Wildcat MKIII! There are so few lefties out there, it’s probably unlikely that FX will make one.

Back to the original topic of this thread…anyone with experience installing the RTI Prophet side lever kit on a Priest 2?

I'm "right" handed"..!

I feel it's much better to cock the gun with the hand that does the least...in a right handers case, that makes it the left hand. That way, once a good right hand grip is in position, there's no need to constantly change the grip !

Every rifle that I have, if I can change the lever position, I put it on the left side.

Mike