• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

RTI Priest 2 not degassing by usign the buttplate screw

As the title indicates. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with that. I was degassing the rifle yesterday and I have to shoot it all the way to zero because after I lose that screw... nothing, I even removed the screw completely and I can see an small hole where I suppose the air will come out but no no air comes out... funny most of us fight leaks and now that I want my gun to leaks it doesn't :)

If you know what can be the reason please let me know. Not an emergency but it's nice to use it when needed, shooting to zero is not fun in a gun that can shoot almost 100 rounds.

Are you sure it is the right screw? :)

In a pinch you can unscrew the bottle part way from the receiver...just enough to close the bottle valve, then shoot down the plenum reservoir. 

Note. DO NOT apply any torque to the rear receiver when removing the bottle. Make sure you are ONLY holding the front receiver and the rear isn't being restrained in any way. The rear receiver is only kept from turning by a tiny set screw and the side plates which will flex. You can mess up the alignment or worse, bend or break something.

I could have done that but I decided going the safest route so I kept the bottle in place and just fired until empty.

And of course I used the right screw, in the buttplate there's only one hole that allows you to access the bleeding screw, the other screw you have is to adjust the HST so not much to get wrong there.

After I saw nothing was happening I removed the buttplate to expose the bleeding screw and was then when I completely removed it and I was able to see the little hole that looks like is where the air should come out... but no air came out LOL

No idea why is that happening....

I have tried to take the bottle off my Priest under pressure. What usually happens is the bottle starts to unscrew from the reg. That’s a no go. If you have the adjustable reg, it doesn’t have a check valve so if you do get the reg to start to unscrew, remember those threads are under 2,000psi of pressure, you are in for some excitement when it blows that O-Ring. I can’t even untwist my standard fixed regs under pressure. Just so much pressure on that pin that really pushes on the threads. As far as your degassing screw goes, that’s a mystery. I haven’t had my breech block apart yet. It has to drain the plenum. Did it ever work on your gun or is this the first time you tried? If this is the first time you tried, the answer is simple. The air port coming up from the plenum is blocked because of something in the manufacturing process.

I have tried to take the bottle off my Priest under pressure. What usually happens is the bottle starts to unscrew from the reg. That’s a no go. If you have the adjustable reg, it doesn’t have a check valve so if you do get the reg to start to unscrew, remember those threads are under 2,000psi of pressure, you are in for some excitement when it blows that O-Ring. I can’t even untwist my standard fixed regs under pressure. Just so much pressure on that pin that really pushes on the threads. As far as your degassing screw goes, that’s a mystery. I haven’t had my breech block apart yet. It has to drain the plenum. Did it ever work on your gun or is this the first time you tried? If this is the first time you tried, the answer is simple. The air port coming up from the plenum is blocked because of something in the manufacturing process.

I was really surprised the adjustable reg didn't have a valve. I wonder why? 

I went to swap it out for a different bottle and it only got harder to turn as I unscrewed it. I applied torque to the regulator not the bottle. Unscrewed it at about 1,500 psi and after a turn or two (during which time I tried to shoot down the plenum pressure) air started flowing past the regulator o-ring. At that point I left it to drain. I agree. That isn't a recommended way to do it. 😬😲

I'm running a fixed regulator on it right now...at about the same pressure the stock regulator was set at from the factory (150 barish.)

Remember those paintball regs were designed to be taken on and off at paintball pressures. And that’s 600-800psi. Big difference. There aren’t a bunch of threads on the business end of those regs. Backing them out at 2,000psi could very possibly just shear off the couple threads holding it and then you have a couple pound projectile. Measure the fpe on that. Scary for all occupants of the home..

If you have paintball regulator you can unscrew your bottle. I usually put handle between my legs and then unscrew bottle with both of my hands. 

If you have adjustable regulator you can screw it in until it closes airflow and then you can unscrew a little bit niple near buttplate to let air from plenum. 

I put wika guge instead of niple and when I need to degas plenum I unscrew wika a little bit to degas. But before doing that I close adjustable regulator.

P.s.This is the mk1 but they are almost the same. 

1580229043_20234048105e3061b3636e03.54214345_IMG-ba6bf64e008351e450ed39d157c8cc4d-V.jpg