• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

RTI Rti owner’s large magazine question

Just wondering how many people would like a larger magazine.
After moth balling my FX guns, I find myself missing the larger magazines. Especially while hunting and shooting benchrest. Now, I’m not missing the magazine to the point I want deal the other stuff. Not to mention, my RTI has brought me more wins at EBR than any of my Fx’s.

It leads me to my current Montster Design project. I’ve been working on a couple different projects for the RTI Prophet’s (1,2 and 3). One being a larger magazine.
The prototype I have in testing, is a .22 holding 30 pellets.
This design will be expensive to manufacture. So it makes me wonder how interested people are in the idea of more shots per magazine change.
I’d expect the price to be in the $190-220 range per fully cnc machined magazine.
Please speak up if something like this interests you. Please feel free to add what you’d like to see in a RTI magazine.
Maybe things like color, pellet count, etc.
As this project moves beyond my personal needs, to possibly making it accessible to everyone. I’d like to be sure to take your feedback into consideration when I finally settle on the prefect design.
Sorry no pictures, as I’m not comfortable showing my work at this moment.
In do time, www.rtiarms.shop has express a lot of interest in my work. In this project and others. When I reach out to them for needed parts. They were very helpful to send me support of what I needed to continue making progress.
I have to send a loud shout out of thanks.
Thanks Mont

Reactions: Spinach
The truth is that I rarely use the mags.

I own two RTI Prophet V1s. I own .177 .22 .25 and .30 barrels.

The prophet loading port is so wide that I single shot load directly into the barrel with ease - and I have very large hands.

So unless shooting PRS where you have a certain amount of time, or hunting where you want a quick follow up shot, I don’t use them - and certainly don’t need a huge capacity mag.

My personal feeling is that all spring loaded mags can have a negative impact on accuracy, as they press on the pellets as they are loaded and advanced.

A magazine design like on the Weihrauch HW110 where there are no springs and therefore no chance of pellet deformation is optimal.

What the Prophets could really use is a cost effective buttpad design that allows you to change length of pull. Otherwise, the Prophet is a super well thought out design.

-Ed

Problem with going too much larger on the RTI mags is that it sits on top where your cheekrest should be. Some run extended buttpads and that moves the cheek further rearward, but if someone is using the stock buttpad, then you have to rest your face further forward, rearward or right on the mag.
Not a problem, fits in normal location and hangs off the right hand side with no interference to the shooter.
I have plans for a left hand confrontation in the future if the right hand unit works out well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spinach