RTI Barrels

I thought I’d share some info regarding Prophet Performance (NOT Compact) barrels, as I had some confusion regarding the different calibers, lengths (full vs. compact) and now “versions” (Prophet I vs. Prophet II.

The full length Prophet Performance V1 barrels are 600mm length for .22, .25 and .30. The full length .177 PP barrel is 510mm. All 4 calibers are Lothar Walther barrels. (I understand that at one time in the past, RTI once used CZ barrels)

The .22 and .25 Prophet Performance 600mm barrels have polygonal (vs. standard) rifling. The .22 and .25 also have a slower twist rate than a standard LW barrel. These .22 and .25 barrels are proprietary to RTI (developed for them) and optimized for “long range” pellet shooting. The slow twist rate that helps keep pellets stable at high velocities is not optimal for slug shooting.

Now the Prophet Performance II is coming out. From what I have read, RTI has changed the 600mm .22 and .25 barrels - so that they shoot slugs better (perhaps increasing the twist rate or reducing the choke - who knows?) So, if you have the v1 barrel in say .22, you may still want to buy a v2 .22 barrel (when they become available) for slug shooting.

I don’t know what types of barrels are used in any
F0C936C7-7545-4047-B611-2ECA4088090C.1652980820.jpeg
the Prophet Compact series guns.

New member here...have long range pellet barrel on Performance as well. Brand new airgun WOW....dead accurate. JSB 18.13 gr out to 135yds.......
give the 25 gr Jumbo Monsters. I turned my reg up to 125 shot a few of those just now and WOW.
I can only go to 85 yards with where I have my shooting table set up now, but pretty much one hole groups.