RTI Arms Prophet 3 - IWA 2023

Excellent? Can you turn her down to around the 800fps or 250m/s range with those 18.13gr pellets? I thought that I had read the earlier versions of the Prophet was hard to turn down for lighter ammo.
This is a question that need an unpacked answer:
-Priest (1-2) and Prophet 1 have a classic poppet valve, not balanced nor assisted. You can tune it from the low end of the reg spectrum (70b without modifying it) to the highest point (180b). No problems, doesn't matter what caliber you are using.
-Prophet 2 can have some problems with smaller bore like .177 and .22. The oldest version of the balanced valve didn't work great under 120b, so not exactly suitable for small, light projectiles. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but SD and ED can be crazy.
-Prophet 2.1 (sold by RtiArmsShop, not by RTI. Different companies) and P-3 have a totally new balanced valve and, from what I can see, it works good.

Is the Mora the one with the fancy shroud?
This one😉

What did Prince say?…. “You sexy mother……..r” 🤘😜

IMG_20230304_104621929_MFNR.jpeg

IMG_20230304_104635656_MFNR.jpeg

IMG_20230304_104951820_MFNR.jpeg

IMG_20230304_094200067_MFNR.jpeg

I recently changed the O rings … but the old once were from 2019…
If i have to change O rings every six months i wil buy a Impact!
I don't have to. I like to keep it "fresh". You know, you hit a rainy day, cannot shoot but maintenance is a good way to have fun and to be sure your gun is right on point.

Reactions: jakeb
The shroud is more than that, the treaded breech end of the shroud is 15mm, a solid attachment, the shroud actually becomes part of the breech block. Stability.
The barrel breech fitting plus the crown centralising ring on the barrel add further stability. Very tight tolerances.
The shroud is a integral part of any RTI.
A simple but effective design.
Yes good point.. RTI is my favorite brand and i do own a Prohet Performance in .22 that won many local competitions(had to make some mods).. but.. in my opion.. a gun and barrel should be stable on its own!.. to ask the shroud, with a little wheel with a o ring on it at the front of the barrel, to keep the rest of the gun and barrel stable?? I'll wait for the Mora.. there the shroud does what a shroud should do.. there is the strongest chassis that I've seen to date on a pcp.. What Im seeing from the pics is a good design verry strong chassis.. its gonna be good!!

Reactions: robbos and Spinach
Yes good point.. RTI is my favorite brand and i do own a Prohet Performance in .22 that won many local competitions(had to make some mods).. but.. in my opion.. a gun and barrel should be stable on its own!.. to ask the shroud, with a little wheel with a o ring on it at the front of the barrel, to keep the rest of the gun and barrel stable?? I'll wait for the Mora.. there the shroud does what a shroud should do.. there is the strongest chassis that I've seen to date on a pcp.. What Im seeing from the pics is a good design verry strong chassis.. its gonna be good!!
Don't forget that the shroud is also supported by the chassis fixings, very solid in my experience.
I'm also waiting for the Mora, RTI will surely surprise us.🙂

Just realised we're you are from. 🙂
SA will probably see the Mora before us European guys.
Minor wager, 10 Euro against 50 Rand.😉

Not visited SA for a few years, worked in Durban and PE many moons ago.

Safe shooting. 👍

Reactions: Dairyboy

The shroud in combination with the side panels breech and chargingblok make the gun solid, the barrel is atached in the breechblok as is any other rifle, the “round thing in the front keeps the barrel perfectly aligned and is vented so the air can shoot back in to the shroud, thus making it quieter!

The Mora is imho the flagship of RTI when it is released!!
For now RTI wants to make sure everything is a 110 % and that is admirable because it takes a lot of money to develop new stuf….

Last edited:
✅ Well, I received a
green light ✅
from the one that keeps me from falling too quickly further down into the AG rabbit hole. 😄

She allows me to fall, all right, it's just more of a "controlled fall" — not a "terminal velocity" fall. 😜

And since I don't want to wait too long (she might change her mind?!?)
➠ I probably should buy a Prophet 2 Performance .30cal NOW
and not wait till the Mora comes out.
The Mora will be a different day, a different request to rabbit hole diving, a different green light.... 😄

Matthias

✅ Well, I received a
green light ✅
from the one that keeps me from falling too quickly further down into the AG rabbit hole. 😄

She allows me to fall, all right, it's just more of a "controlled fall" — not a "terminal velocity" fall. 😜

And since I don't want to wait too long (she might change her mind?!?)
➠ I probably should buy a Prophet 2 Performance .30cal NOW
and not wait till the Mora comes out.
The Mora will be a different day, a different request to rabbit hole diving, a different green light.... 😄

Matthias
Skip the Prophet 2 and go straight for the P3.

Reactions: robbos
Skip the Prophet 2 and go straight for the P3.

I appreciate your kind enabling, Robby! 😄

Talk me through it, convince me (I'm serious). Since my budget is limited, all I can afford is a used gun.
➔ So: Getting a used PP2 .30cal should not be hard, getting a used P3... — not likely, I'd think (I might be wrong).

What do I get for the pile of extra dough a new P3 will cost over a used P2?

👍🏼 Thanks for your help — I'm willing to fall deeper into the rabbit hole.... 🙄

Matthias

Talk me through it, convince me (I'm serious). Since my budget is limited, all I can afford is a used gun.
➔ So: Getting a used PP2 .30cal should not be hard, getting a used P3... — not likely, I'd think (I might be wrong).

Matthias
I guess I missed the part about her saying used was in the budget, not new. Sorry if I got your hopes up a bit too much. Just tell her I said the P3 is twice as good as the P2 and you get a year warranty, so it's the smarter buy. 🤣

Matthias
The prophet 2 is definitely worth having, p3 just has a few extras, higher class heels as my shoe obsessed wife says.😉
Personally I'm saving my pennies and family credits for the Mora, hopefully I live long enough 😄

The prophet 2 is definitely worth having, p3 just has a few extras, higher class heels as my shoe obsessed wife says.😉
Personally I'm saving my pennies and family credits for the Mora, hopefully I live long enough 😄
I've thought heavily about ordering the P3, or a BRK Ghost HP. But where's the fun in buying such an awesome gun when you can buy something mediocre and tweak and tune until it shoots as good as or better than a high end gun? 🤣
I really do enjoy making something out of nothing and the hope that is about to happen is why I've not ordered one of the guns mentioned. I sure would like to buy both of them. If the cocking lever could be moved to the right on the P3, I might would have and order them both.

Reactions: robbos and Spinach
I've thought heavily about ordering the P3, or a BRK Ghost HP. But where's the fun in buying such an awesome gun when you can buy something mediocre and tweak and tune until it shoots as good as or better than a high end gun? 🤣
I really do enjoy making something out of nothing and the hope that is about to happen is why I've not ordered one of the guns mentioned. I sure would like to buy both of them. If the cocking lever could be moved to the right on the P3, I might would have and order them both.
I've tweaked and tuned, expensive and mediocre, sometimes something just feels right, RTI.
Fortunately we all make our own choices.

Just for info, I'm a left handed shooter. No problems with the RTI.

Good luck 👍.

I've tweaked and tuned, expensive and mediocre, sometimes something just feels right, RTI.
Fortunately we all make our own choices.

Just for info, I'm a left handed shooter. No problems with the RTI.

Good luck 👍.
Being new to PCPs and not even owning one yet, I don't know what feels right yet. I do know that my lady's Wildcat, while wonderful in many ways, does not feel right. I'm actually right handed but shoot lefty. The perfect gun for me would load and cock in the right side and the magazine would be out of the way. The RTI jumped out at me as almost meeting those few ergonomic criteria, albeit a left side cocker.