RTI Arms Prophet 3 - IWA 2023

Put it on the wrong place, But install a 500cc bottle on the Compact RTI 2 and with my 177 Regulator set at about 80 Hammer flush shooting 10 gr at 980 and Hades in 177 I have emptied a 500 tin in one setting , I really like the ORION magazines . Total shot count? Butt says move ,
Mike
Mike, good to know, thanks.
I have tried to get my p2 shooting .177 it was like a shotgun, admittedly I never went as low as 80 bar. Plus I was using TP restrictors.
Next step, 80 bar and no restrictions. 😉

Mike, good to know, thanks.
I have tried to get my p2 shooting .177 it was like a shotgun, admittedly I never went as low as 80 bar. Plus I was using TP restrictors.
Next step, 80 bar and no restrictions. 😉
I kept the reg at 125 bar, then it was nice and consistant! Shot 10 mm groups at 50 meters, with flyers now and then because i’m to lazy to sort the pellets!

Reactions: robbos and Spinach
I kept the reg at 125 bar, then it was nice and consistant! Shot 10 mm groups at 50 meters, with flyers now and then because i’m to lazy to sort the pellets!
Reg at 125 bar, P2? I'm intrigued, even in .22 set up I've never been over 100 bar. 18gr pellets.
I'm no high power user, just a Joe blogs experimenting with fac .177.

I used mine for HFT sub 12 FTP.. and used the standard paintball reg! I was told it comes at 125 bar standart
I dit 500 shots on a fill in .177… and it was a tackdriver!!

I was aiming at 9 mm bullit holes at 50 meters and was almost to easy.. ( mind you i was shooting atleast 250 pellets a day back then)

Now I plugged a FX heavyliner slug bla bla thing in there and it started grouping with the reg at 150 bar and now i upped it to 160 to see if the group will shrink even more!

Reactions: Spinach
I had to make a new chamber because the original tp from FX is huge with a tiny bit of material in the middle… that was knackerd:cautious:.. so i made a new one from a piece of .177 barrel i had lying around and got the same speed just bij drilling a 5mm hole… just like the P3 i drilled and tapped 2 additional set screws.. for the fun of it!

So tomorrow we know if this payd off! (The hole looks like ik was attacked bij a rabbit with rabies:LOL:
But we smoothed this afterwards!

IMG_20230608_191826123_MFNR.jpg

IMG_20230608_195049269_MFNR.jpg

IMG_20230608_185417457_MFNR.jpg

Just shoot a Uragan install a 700 cc bottle on it and get easy 800 shots in 177
Not sure in 22 caliber just say 400, and it 25 caliber maybe safe to say 200 shoots
Thats a lot of hunting and shooting , No need to carry tank or a pump..
Mike
Yes, I suppose that's true and quite frankly also a very good argument for purchasing a PCP gun.

Thanks for your concise reply. Very enjoyable. 👍
Like yourself I'm still a big fan of springers, I also like technology hence my use of PCP, it's a fantastic hobby.
Google translate has been a companion for a while but I joked about my English, 😉 I was educated in the UK, my wife is English, sometimes though I become lazy with my use of the language.
Thanks for helping me correct that.🙂

Triglav, come join the dark side, get yourself a RTI. Excellent fun, even at lower power 😉
Well, if that's the case, then you're certainly a better English speaker than I am - That's for certain, I mean it! You have no idea how much language someone can learn, just by hanging out with someone who speaks a different language, let alone living and every-day speaking - making small conversations with someone close. What exactly did you study in the UK?

By getting the Mora, I would probably contradict my principles, as Triglav was Mora's rival in the old Slavic mythology ;)
...Or perhaps it was, that Mora was just cleaning after Triglav judged the bad people to die... Who knows :confused:
But in all seriousness, if I'd get a PCP, I'd probably go with a Priest II in .177 at 24 Joules - maximum air pressure capacity and moderate power, with JSB heavies in .177 @ 10gr, I would most likely get close to 250 m/s, which is good enough for that power level. But what I did not know is, that with a common Gamo "1000-fps" springer, I'd get up to 290m/s with 10 grain H&N FTT Green pellets in .22/ 5.5mm caliber. I have a Gamo Black Bear and it shoots 15.89gr JSB Jumbos at 200m/s, which means that it'd certainly reach such high velocity treshold with lead free pellets (such as FTT-Gs) and its barrel would stabilize them too, because most of these "1000fps" Gamo barrels have a 1:20" to 1 in 24" twist rate in the bore, meaning they're meant to stabilize lighter pellets; Hell, maybe even 12-15gr lead free slugs! Wow, I never though that I'd be able to shoot slugs out of a springer.

Well, I hope you'll be able to get a Mora, until we speak next time ...And please, for your own sake don't become a debt-slave, or an actual MORA will start haunting you, a financial one ;)

Yes, I suppose that's true and quite frankly also a very good argument for purchasing a PCP gun.
Just this afternoon, set up a prophet in compact format.
510mm .177 barrel, shooting well at 18.5 ft lbs with Zan and JSB heavies. 10gr.
Tomorrow we will have a walk in the woods 😉.
It's light, compact and a delight to shoot off hand.

Just for you, Trilav.

IMG_20230610_180246.jpg

IMG_20230610_180253.jpg

Well, if that's the case, then you're certainly a better English speaker than I am - That's for certain, I mean it! You have no idea how much language someone can learn, just by hanging out with someone who speaks a different language, let alone living and every-day speaking - making small conversations with someone close. What exactly did you study in the UK?

By getting the Mora, I would probably contradict my principles, as Triglav was Mora's rival in the old Slavic mythology ;)
...Or perhaps it was, that Mora was just cleaning after Triglav judged the bad people to die... Who knows :confused:
But in all seriousness, if I'd get a PCP, I'd probably go with a Priest II in .177 at 24 Joules - maximum air pressure capacity and moderate power, with JSB heavies in .177 @ 10gr, I would most likely get close to 250 m/s, which is good enough for that power level. But what I did not know is, that with a common Gamo "1000-fps" springer, I'd get up to 290m/s with 10 grain H&N FTT Green pellets in .22/ 5.5mm caliber. I have a Gamo Black Bear and it shoots 15.89gr JSB Jumbos at 200m/s, which means that it'd certainly reach such high velocity treshold with lead free pellets (such as FTT-Gs) and its barrel would stabilize them too, because most of these "1000fps" Gamo barrels have a 1:20" to 1 in 24" twist rate in the bore, meaning they're meant to stabilize lighter pellets; Hell, maybe even 12-15gr lead free slugs! Wow, I never though that I'd be able to shoot slugs out of a springer.

Well, I hope you'll be able to get a Mora, until we speak next time ...And please, for your own sake don't become a debt-slave, or an actual MORA will start haunting you, a financial one ;)
Thanks Triglav,
I'm retired now, well almost, pension this November.
Without totally taking the thread off rails, 😉.
I'm saving up for a Mora, nothing against Triglav, I've climbed enough mountains. Plus my wife has 3 heads, my personal deity.😄
Strength and tenacity, my wife.
The language thing, my English has a northern accent, I studied civil engineering at Sunderland university. 3 years. Spent most of my working life speaking English and decent German.
Local dialects, I changed towns 3 years ago, I still can't understand some of my neighbours. Life and experience. I only moved 35 kilometers.😄
Back on thread, the Mora will eventually be owned by me, debt free, I haven't had a credit rating for decades, if I can't afford it , it waits.
But, I deserve a retirement present 😁.

I have a few old gamo barrels, something I need to check out. Watch this space.

Just this afternoon, set up a prophet in compact format.
510mm .177 barrel, shooting well at 18.5 ft lbs with Zan and JSB heavies. 10gr.
Tomorrow we will have a walk in the woods 😉.
It's light, compact and a delight to shoot off hand.

Just for you, Trilav.

View attachment 363449

View attachment 363450
O man, it almost looks like mine! :D
Except mine comes in a form of a 3D model for Fallout New Vegas, I'm making a mod for that game, which will include several airguns. I'll post a thread on it, once I'm finished with it, right now I've got some studying to do, but when I'm done, I'll get back to that mod.

I don't really know, if you know this, but you've also got a pair of "hidden" dovetail rails on the receiver, the two fins just above the bottom slot for a pic. rail. I suppose the bottom rail is for a bipod?

Thanks Triglav,
I'm retired now, well almost, pension this November.
Without totally taking the thread off rails, 😉.
I'm saving up for a Mora, nothing against Triglav, I've climbed enough mountains. Plus my wife has 3 heads, my personal deity.😄
Strength and tenacity, my wife.
The language thing, my English has a northern accent, I studied civil engineering at Sunderland university. 3 years. Spent most of my working life speaking English and decent German.
Local dialects, I changed towns 3 years ago, I still can't understand some of my neighbours. Life and experience. I only moved 35 kilometers.😄
Back on thread, the Mora will eventually be owned by me, debt free, I haven't had a credit rating for decades, if I can't afford it , it waits.
But, I deserve a retirement present 😁.

I have a few old gamo barrels, something I need to check out. Watch this space.
Wow, that's a hell of a story, you must've learnt a lot over the years.
As for me, well there ain't much to tell, I'm currently still in college, studying computer science. However, I'm studying computer graphics on my own (animation, CAD, modeling, image montage... that sort of thing), which unfortunately isn't a part of the studying program/plan.

It's good to hear that you're happy and you definitely deserve a retirement present after all you've been through, that's for certain. But I'm going to stick with break barrels for now, I don't have a need for a PCP yet... Although I have to admit, this whole RTI thing is much more tempting than guns from other brands. I've so far, only once been interested in one particular PCP and that was the Reaper from SA, because of its looks - it looks like combining something old/traditional with something from the future, a design concept that I like. But now, I have to say that RTIs got my interest for the future...

I like the top pic.. Mora? Would def buy one! Good solid metal construction between the front block and the back block.. unlike the Prophet where if you take the shroud off the barrel moves when you touch the grip.. not cool if you dont want to shoot with a shroud.
Yes, but you have to take into account, that the shroud also works as a tuner and therefore a dampener for harmonics.

Yes, but you have to take into account, that the shroud also works as a tuner and therefore a dampener for harmonics.
The shroud is more than that, the treaded breech end of the shroud is 15mm, a solid attachment, the shroud actually becomes part of the breech block. Stability.
The barrel breech fitting plus the crown centralising ring on the barrel add further stability. Very tight tolerances.
The shroud is a integral part of any RTI.
A simple but effective design.

• Love
Reactions: Triglav