• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RTI RTI ARMS Prophet 2 unable to cock.

I hammer looks good, maybe the screwed in the trigger adjusting screw is to tight. Try to adjust it. I’d back out the sear engagement screw and the second screw for adjusting spring tension adjust it from flush 3 turns in (clockwise).
Mont
Hi Mont,

I adjusted the screws according to your advice and also a lot of adjustments too. It's a no go...

Please don't give up on me. :)

When the trigger assembly is all put back together, look down the hole where the hammer goes and see if anything is protruding out or not. If not, it’s a trigger mechanism issue. If it is, there’s something haywire on the other side of the gun where the cocking mechanism is. Something bent or missing or just out of adjustment too far.

Reactions: Scotty1
When the trigger assembly is all put back together, look down the hole where the hammer goes and see if anything is protruding out or not. If not, it’s a trigger mechanism issue. If it is, there’s something haywire on the other side of the gun where the cocking mechanism is. Something bent or missing or just out of adjustment too far.

After going through the troubleshooting advice, my friend and I found out that the small spring that the sear was riding on was broken. It was replaced, and it cocks!