RTI RPB in a P1 Performance

None is polygonal. Can't remember RPB NoG, but i will check asap.

What kind of rifling is the RPB barrel?

What kind of rifling is the LR barrel? (Pretty sure polygonal here with the LR)

To my knowledge, LW makes two kinds of rifling: polygonal, and 12 land and groove. And the RPB barrel says they're Lothars on the RTI website, ie, it's very likely either polygonal or 12 land and groove.

Reactions: SupremaRatio

To my knowledge, LW makes two kinds of rifling: polygonal, and 12 land and groove. And the RPB barrel says they're Lothars on the RTI website, ie, it's very likely either polygonal or 12 land and groove.
Don't worry, I have both of them and i will be able to take some pics for you. Just be patient, it's a crazy week for me, no time for ag.

Reactions: Franklink

Hi Franklink,

The LR barrels in both .22 and .25 are 1:32 twist rate polygonal rifling. I confirmed that information with RTI Arms directly.

The RPB barrel in .22 is 1:16 twist and the .25 is 1:20 twist as reported above. I’ll check as to the type of rifling on RPB barrels.

-Ed

Reactions: Franklink
I’ll check as to the type of rifling on RPB barrels.

-Ed

Ed and Frank, thanks for the info.
I'd be interested if there are any differences between the regular size and the compact size barrels.

For example, I know that the
Prophet 2
.22cal compact barrel does NOT come as RPB —
whereas the
.25cal compact barrel does come as RPB.

Thanks,

Matthias

Hi Franklink,

The LR barrels in both .22 and .25 are 1:32 twist rate polygonal rifling. I confirmed that information with RTI Arms directly.

The RPB barrel in .22 is 1:16 twist and the .25 is 1:20 twist as reported above. I’ll check as to the type of rifling on RPB barrels.

-Ed
The RPB barrel isn't a polygonal barrel.
I have both, LR and RPB.
From memory, slugging, the RPB is a 12 groove job
If needed I can post pictures on Saturday.
Barrel swap time.

The RPB barrel isn't a polygonal barrel.
I have both, LR and RPB.
From memory, slugging, the RPB is a 12 groove job
If needed I can post pictures on Saturday.
Barrel swap time.

The RPB being a 12 land and groove would be very interesting, as that's the traditional/standard LW offering. Their standard twist rate is of course slightly different (@ 1:17.7ish) but I believe I can remember seeing a 1:16, 12 land and groove blank available on their US website going back 5+ years.

I could sure be wrong though.

Reactions: Spinach
The RPB being a 12 land and groove would be very interesting, as that's the traditional/standard LW offering. Their standard twist rate is of course slightly different (@ 1:17.7ish) but I believe I can remember seeing a 1:16, 12 land and groove blank available on their US website going back 5+ years.

I could sure be wrong though.
It's also possible I could be wrong.
I'm actually looking forward to getting home now 😊.
Either way I can show both barrels.

Reactions: JungleShooter

So, I just received an answer by Rok. He confirms that LR is polygonal while RPB is classic rifling.
I was wrong about LR, my bad, I'm sorry.

Ed and Frank, thanks for the info.
I'd be interested if there are any differences between the regular size and the compact size barrels.

For example, I know that the
Prophet 2
.22cal compact barrel does NOT come as RPB —
whereas the
.25cal compact barrel does come as RPB.

Thanks,

Matthias

Well Matthias,

The RTI Shop in Spain was selling 20” (Compact) .22 RPB barrels . This screenshot is of their site in Jan 2023.

This info was previously posted in the “RTI Barrels - Information Thread” in this forum.

-Ed

IMG_3658.jpeg

I ordered a RPB barrel in 25 caliber for the RTI Arms shop back in November. It came it was delivered just before I was heading out for several weeks away so I did not get to install it until yesterday.
I did a quick bore cleaning and polish I installed it and the .25 pellet probe. loaded some JSB King Heavy 33.95 gr pellets and headed out to my backyard range.

I set up a target on my 50 yard backstop. The first shot was low. The second also low but right on top of the first. I made adjustments to my scope and the next 8 shots were all right on target. This without changaing anything from my tune for the .22 LR barrel that it replaced.

Next up were a few FX Hybrid slugs. POI was higher than the pellets, but again hole on hole.

Back to the JSBs. I shot 60 shots with amazing accuracy and consistency. I really was not expecting this one to outperform the 22 Lr, but it did. Very pleased with this new barrel.

Next I need to get out the Chronograph and do some actual testing and fine tuning, but it is raining here today, so that will have to wait.
I almost dont want to mess with the tune. It just seems near perfect where it is.
where did you get it?

Well Matthias,

The RTI Shop in Spain was selling 20” (Compact) .22 RPB barrels . This screenshot is of their site in Jan 2023.

This info was previously posted in the “RTI Barrels - Information Thread” in this forum.

-Ed

View attachment 424387

I must have missed that. Thank you!

Matthias

Great information!

Is the RPB barrel polygonal rifling or typical 12 land and groove?

Hi Franklink,

It took RTI.eu quite a while, but attached is their “official” response:

Both .22 and .25 cal Long Range barrels use polygonal rifling.

Both .22 and .25 cal RPB barrels use traditional rifling.

IMG_3719.png